What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finding weed in Hawaii

M

macassa420

I,m planning my first trip to Honolulu for a month vacation in early 2007 and i am looking for tips to where i can find weed without getting ripped off.I,m scared to bring my own herb.

slyfoxberg

i'd imagine just like anywhere else. be cool, hang out in local places, avoid the touristy spots, you'd probably be getting ripped off in those places anyway.
don't know where your staying or anything like that. if your at a hotel or resort, keep it cool and low key and ask around. a bell hop, a bartender, just mention maui wowie with a little smile and gauge the reaction. if you are renting a place, see how cool the rental agent is. if all else fails, ask the gardener or groundskeepers. good luck and maholo.

G

I haven't been in many years but down around the hotels there is always people selling damn near anything you want. I got ripped once and also got some damn good smoke that I am still in search of. There is a main road where it seems all the hotels for the island are on this one stretch. Like I said its been many years since I have been there so the pot scene could have changed.

redrider

I was there in 96 for 9 days (Kaui) and didn't find a thing...saw alot of hitch hikers on the North shore and a fellow tourist told me thats who you score from. Of course the guy tells me this on the flight home.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
its alot easier to find weed in hawaii than most places. it is easy to get ripped off though. the islands have an ASTRONOMICAL methamphetamine problem. and its easy to confuse a meth head and a hippy sometimes. especially in the hawaiian hitchhiker atmosphere.

surfers of course are likely to know where there is weed as well as any random hippy.

there are alot of dealers in hawaii too, depending where you are.

if you go to a touristy night life area (assuming the average pot smoker could identify you as a fellow pot smoker) you'll probably have someone approach you for it. also dealers will sometimes randomly just yell PAKALOLO! and wait to see who smiles.

if you can't find a dealer I'd reccomend trying to strike up a conversation with someone who looks fits the bill and mention it offhand.

when I was a kid I used to sell weed in the french quarter. I'd find tourists that looked like potheads and too young to be cops. I'd say something like "where you from cuz?" and if they said wisconsin I'd say "wisconsin?!? you even get weed out there?" if they gave me a stupid look they weren't cool, if they laughed and said something about it I'd wave a hopper over to approach him.

it ain't illegal to ask how good weed is where your from. just to try and sell it or purchase it.

also I don't know what they do in hawaii but in NO its not uncommon for a dealer to ask you for your ID. so don't lie about where your from and don't be scared about it being shady. if you say your from wisconsin they might want to see a wisconsin drivers license before they wave someone over with something for ya. or talk about it at all.

Last edited:
V

vonforne

International Market place, or go over the Like Like Highway to Kahnoe or Kaliua. its on the windward side of the island. If I remember correctly that highway is the H1 on a map.
Going to Kahnoe on H1 you will come to a left hand turn where the Drive In theatre is. Go to a place called the tree. Just stop and ask a local at the 7-11. Its a popular hang out with the locals. Lots of surfer kids. The wont be hooked up on meth yet and you will not get ripped off.

RC_Colas

Veteran
If you are going to be on Oahu then visit the north shore and stop by Shark's Cove Rentals. It's usually a good surfer crowd there and a place to find out about local parties, etc... As the previous poster said, just be cool and it should work out.

Aloha

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Just go hang out around kumoniwannalaya bay and look for a surfer named Greg B.

He wears this funky tiki idol and has been [almost] dying to get rid of it.

pic8_lg.jpg

litebuzz

haha...we went to maui and the big island a few years ago...here i thought we'd be picking it off the sidewalks...what a boob i am!! been smoking over 30yrs but didn't even know what mj looked like growing. so we went out one nite and asked our waiter if mj was legal in hawaii...and if it was did he know where we could get some. he wanted to help us but there had been some busts earlier that week so he couldn't.
we did end up scoring some when we were on our way to the hwy to hannah(sp)...stopped at some surfing beach and these young kids asked if we toked. to be honest i thought it sucked! had better stuff from east bumfuk new england. guess they saw us coming a mile away.
but i know what it looks like now baby!!!! good luck on your vacation...i'm sure you'll find someone to hook you up...you're there for a month! wow! lucky!

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Damn! meth is in Hawaii too. Anyways I would like to go to Hawaii one day and would like to take some Hawaiian Sativa with me but it seems very hard to take anything on a plane these days. I wonder if you could get the info of the hotel your going to stay at and send some in the mail. Or have someone send you some when you get there on an overnight express. Accept your package and blow on some hawaiian sativa while laying on the beach. Sounds like fun to me.

Kush King

Im going to Maui TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! AROUND lahaina Just need to smoke sum weed well im there... going be long time... 2 weeks with no weed all become a drunk!@

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
Taxi drivers get good herb and won't rip you. Don't hand over money first. Get product in hand before pulling $$$ have it seperated from your wallet or they will grab it and your credit cards. I've been ripped there and scored the best herb on earth, it's anyones guess.

Kush King

ok its alright

ok its alright

So frist full day here iv asked 2 ppl. frist guy was at the beach during the day he was smokein a joint common now.. i was leavein and i smelt IT. i was like fuck whos got it... look around see the target... go up... you got anything for sale man.. the guy was on vaction white male.... i thout.

He gose no sorrey man... didnt even offer a toke fucker!.

so next guy i see he more my age and long hair.. i thought he was a local... i go up to him on the beach i was just walkin and i say... got any WEED man...he gose HASHUKAStaaa lamawaksks. sumthing like that.. i go ahh put my finger to mouth and puff kinda WEED Marijawana...

OHHHH.MARYJANE i couldnt understand the guy really but he under stood me he said he had to eat so I went back to my place just 1 min away an grab 2 drinks . Alchol. he gose :O finishes up rolles it up and this guy rolled a joint like iv never seen. filter in joint befor rolls licks half paper

checklvakia e was from durining the joint. this guy nted me to kiss him i thout but he put joint CHERRY end in his mouth and blew out smoke I got KILLER TOKE this was just about joint over... I go I GO TO CANADA SHOW MY FRIENDS!... he gog haha.

Im gonna go meet up with him again at 9 Grab myself a Sac... Kinda feal eary but what could g wrong i get beat up loos 30 40 bucs...

Last edited:
People came up to us in maui and offered it. I only bought herb once there tho.
I snaked an ounce down in my underwear. Yeah duct tape baby(hurt like a mother fucker).
Before we left I swear every local islander knew we had alaskan weed. I gave ONE guy a bud as a sample in kihei and before I know it.....there were locals askin me if I was "alaskan jack"? If I stayed there any longer I would have had locals stuck to my windows lookin for herb.

But its there....if you dont brong your own.

Kush King

Fuck i went to international market today.. Found a jamican shop... this guy was selling homade pipes and weed t-shirts.. so i bhought i t shit.. as i was payin the jamican guy i go.."no were i can score sum herb man . Ah i got sum 50-100 dolla bags.. i go shit i need weed i duno care what im payin. so he pulled out little 2 gram baggy i was like ok not bad... Maui wowi he says wont find anything better. then tonight i wslked by this punks younger than me i got . no were i can score sum weed. No we were just tlakin about that LOL. Go to piha thow easy to get it over there they say... surffers smoke like crazy... :)

Texas Kid

Hawaii is tough sailin right now, the recent rains, the floods, and earthqaukes really put a bite on the local growers. Most is comin out of Cali and goin for top dollar 400-600oz's no breaks up to like 10lbs. I've heard $40-$60 grams is not uncommon right now.

Indoor guys are keeping to themselves or gettin the top cash.

You probably have better luck in the hustle and bustle of Lahina on Maui instead of Paia. Paia is killer but if your not in the know, your outta luck and once it gets dark every local disappears.

Go to the church service at the THC Ministry on Oahu Sunday(tomorrow) and you'll get smoked out to your hearts content. Call or PM Roger Christie or holler at Vaportrail both are great guys.

Tex

Latest posts

Latest posts