What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep purple (Purple Urkel x Qwerkel)

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
here are a few pics of my deep purple clone, i made a bunch of clones from 4 diff moms and put them into flower, and this is the keeper....

look at the size of the calyxes...theyve been foxtailing since they started putting out pistils....really unique bud formation

here she is at day42, flowered straight from clone, no veg

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i didnt cross it, but i wont mention the breeder either....you can guess why...

Purple Urkle X Purple Querkle Male

from what i understand they found a male querkle that had desirable traits and back crossed it to the urkle...

demasoni

How many days flower for the deep purp grape pheno?
I ended up with two grape females out of 5 seeds..lost one grape female, the other is at 30 days now. 2 more were sativa leaning females. Anyone tried the more sativa leaning pheno?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
absolutely agree. urkel has some of the best tasting cannabis I have tried. Anything that is crossed with it is amazing love the stuff. I have both Purple Querkel and Deep Purple ready 2 packs of ea.

G

guest8905

with this strain, even though its obvious to me at least that the OP's pics show lots of purps, the greener phenos still taste amazing

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ha i thaught this thread got deleted a long time ago....cool its still here

UPDATE....i ditched the deep purple...in small sog plants its fine...but the second you try and do a bush....forget about it, it becomes a bush of leaf with the odd bud....took 8 hours to trim 20 plants with 3 ppl and a trimming machine...waste of time if u ask me...

it was nice when grown in SOG...just a few leaves...

HeadGrow

ha i thaught this thread got deleted a long time ago....cool its still here

UPDATE....i ditched the deep purple...in small sog plants its fine...but the second you try and do a bush....forget about it, it becomes a bush of leaf with the odd bud....took 8 hours to trim 20 plants with 3 ppl and a trimming machine...waste of time if u ask me...

it was nice when grown in SOG...just a few leaves...

Maybe it was just your cut. Here is mine right now at 40 days. I'll take it 60. stands about 4 1/2 ft tall, about 2 1/2 ft wide. It could be wider but the room is stacked. The pheno I ended up picking out of my pack doesn't really start to get that purple until the last two weeks. I've never really had an issue with it having lots of leaf to trim, almost the opposite actually. It has the most fantastic taste and smell. It's a keeper in my book that's for sure. The only down side is that it does take longer than some other strains to reach bush size. But that has a lot to do with that it only stretches 6-8 inches after flip.

2A-DeepPurp-6wks_2.jpg

2A-DeepPurp-6wks_1.jpg