What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chem/Diesel/OG/Blueberry crosses

TheBlaze

8 weeks of 12/12

8 weeks of 12/12

Big update to try and make up for the lack of them recently...

Harvesting half the room this weekend, and the other half the following weekend.

We had our fair share of power issues this run. Eventually we had to get an electrician in. Turns out we were only running on a single phase. Now each room has it's own phase. No more burnt out cables... hopefully.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Kree73

Big update to try and make up for the lack of them recently...

Harvesting half the room this weekend, and the other half the following weekend.

We had our fair share of power issues this run. Eventually we had to get an electrician in. Turns out we were only running on a single phase. Now each room has it's own phase. No more burnt out cables... hopefully.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

3 phase supply ... A big set up then it you need 3 phase.
Beautiful ladies by the way :tiphat:

TheBlaze

Well... not that big, but not tent either. ;)

We hope to expand, so 3 phase made sense. It's dicey though, because guys are still getting locked up at an alarming rate. So no expanding just yet.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay. I have an interesting observation.

You're following my thread, so while things are going okay, I've been fair in my own criticisms of my current round.

I look at your pictures this round vs your last round and the biggest difference I'm seeing is the power outages. If I want to equate that to an environmental construct - it's inconsistency in photoperiod.

I look at my plants and I look at your plants and I see I would start making similar criticisms, especially having seen you're last few rounds.

My timers quit working and I've not replaced them yet. My on/off times have...fluctuated - we'll just put it that way.

Really makes me wonder, how much my flowers would improve, if I were to simply automate on/off and get new timers. I bet the difference would be the same as the difference between your last round and your current round...

Regardless. Way to pull through a difficult situation with the power and still get some nice flowers!

dank.Frank

TheBlaze

Yes, the power outages definitely didn't help my cause, but I've identified a few issues with this particular run.

1. Neglect during veg.

Since moving to the bigger premises, I've noticed my focus shifting too much to flower to the detriment of the veg girls.

2. Fungus gnats

I normally just ignore them, as I see them as more of a nuisance than a real problem. This round was different though. A proper infestation. I dealt with them, but too late in the flowering phase. Next round I will not tolerate them.

3. Lack of proper support for buds

I've been growing for a while now, and I've never entertained the idea of trellising. Stakes just aren't cutting it anymore though. Will have to look at putting in a net.

4. Strain selection

I need to put more effort into locking down strains that will work in my environment. More clone runs and less fucking around with new strains that take my fancy. However, that means popping more seeds until I get to that point. This run the plants are all over the place, with little consistency in canopy height and individual nutrient requirements.

4. Power issues

Pretty self explanatory. The last 3 days of complete darkness definitely took a toll on the girls. No doubt about that, but if I had pulled my socks up a little more in the other areas I would be smiling now even with the power issues.

Still... yield looks to be half decent.

TheBlaze

Day 25 of 12/12

Day 25 of 12/12

It's been a while...

Most of what is in the room is Double Krush and Exodus Kush

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome back. Room is looking on point as per usual. What's the Double Krush?

dank.Frank

TheBlaze

Welcome back. Room is looking on point as per usual. What's the Double Krush?

dank.Frank

Thanks brother

Double Krush is chemdog 91 bBX2 X Chem Krush (SFV BX2 x Chemdog 91)

The keeper shown above has a beautiful lemon/lime & fuel smell. The only one with this terp profile. She roots the fastest, grows well, and sets bud quicker than the rest as well. She is a dark forest green girl. I think I'm in love.