What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bugs on buds

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got one! Deep chunk with a leaf hopper from 2009! :smoke:

6940deep_chunk_males8_18_fanleaf.jpg

therevverend

Veteran
I know it sounds strange but I get nostalgic about my leafhoppers. Here's the first one back in late May.

picture.php

I have thousands of leafhoppers every year. Surprising that for the amount they don't do noticeable damage and the plants don't seem to lose vigor.
When I spray my plants down there's clouds of them that take to the air along with the moths and other flying insects. I try to herd them away from my plants to the weeds but I don't think it works that way.
I used to have a couple dragonflies who'd show up in the early evening to pick them off. Haven't seen them this year, I used to time my spraying so the dragonflies could pick a few off as they flew up. I know the wasps, spiders, and birds take their toll probably why they don't reach epidemic numbers.
It makes me sad in October when I'm harvesting my last couple plants. Chasing the last few leafhoppers off to freeeze to death in the winter.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I remember those shots Paddi! That's cool in that one shot, the spider is there getting dinner among the trichomes! Thanks for sharing!

God always takes care of us. He puts us through tests of fire, but He always provides a way to bear through it! A little help from beneficial insects is always nice! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes! I knew there were few in that old gallery. I think this is from around 2008. Strain is Powerhouse- Deep chunk x Cinderella 99 by Hill Temple Collective

6940spider2.JPG

6940spider4.JPG

6940spider3.JPG

NENugger

thanks Capt, for theRev a purdy leaf hopper
picture.php

I've seen these on my girls but didn't have a camera at the time.
picture.php

NENugger

Yes, I like bugs :dance013:
this is a leafhopper like bug that has large white wings hanging out with the Erdpurt buds.
picture.php

neongreen

Veteran
Unknown beetle type bug

Like the last pic Patmando posted, it's a shield bug (AKA "stink bug"). They are all juveniles/instars. Shield bugs go through a number of instar stages before they become adults.

Seems to be a good time of year for them. Found this one on one of my plants yesterday. Also an instar.

picture.php

picture.php