What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who has legit durban poison?

toppin

Veteran
One of my boyz flown home yesterday to South Africa for a wedding, so hopefully if all go's to plan should have some Durban Poison seed's from his grandad's stock real soon.

Maxlor

I've got some genuine Durban Poison seeds straight from Durban in South Africa, from this years harvest. Reason I'm posting here is I can't grow them so I'm thinking if some one else wishes to, because frankly its the best sativa I've ever had and it would be bad to see these seeds just lay around going to waste!

The moment you light this crappy looking weed up you know its unique. Note this weed has been grown quite poorly but is still killer, many seeds are probably bad, but some look pretty good.

XrPQvvZ.jpg

I wish someone who likes breeding and making seeds is interested, especially preserving the genetics. I assure you its really amazing weed! That way maybe if i get a chance to grow in the future i could get some of these seeds.

Remember a picture in high times years ago of a durban bud that a lady was holding that was a giant fire log. It was at least 4 ft long and twice the size of the womens leg. Just huge! I bet the thing weighted over a pound dry. Think it was grown in florida. Biggest bud I have ever seen.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
OldSSSCguy,

Thank you eternally for giving Snow those beans.
I got a pack of DTit, popped two then my ex-roomate stepped on the rest of the beans(accidentally).
One is straight up Sativa, the other AGc99 dom. The Durban dom plant is getting bred with everything (till I can find more DevilsTit).

Even still, I am on the hunt for more Durban and more Africans. Hey, it's a safer addiction than pills ;)

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I have two sealed breeder packs of Afropips Durban Poison sitting in my fridge. Im waiting when the time is right to grow and produce seeds. I wish I had some more info about the origins of this particular line of DP, but Ive never been able to find any grow reports or smoke reports about it. Its a total mystery!

JVonChron

I got some poison back right around 99', should have saved a specimen to show everyone. it was around heavily so I kinda took it for granted but I still knew it was something special. 100% purple. all of it, all the way thru, totally purple. not hardly a spec of green in it. kinda when a green cola has a purple hue to it but green is primary color seen...this was the opposite, most of the nuggets were totally purple and a small few had the opposite thing goin on, with purple being main color with tiny hue of green. my bro swore it made his gal at the time horny from cheefin it. anyone know of that pheno?

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Dave, Ive come accross much info on Afropip in my cyber travels - the info is out there

JVC, ive seen pics from a couple people who have serious purpling, sometimes with some red(thats the Mendicino Durban). Snowhigh's is Mendo Durban and beautiful, pretty intense from what ive heard. Someone on here had purpling on their Durb too, sorry cant remember who

toppin

Veteran
I have two sealed breeder packs of Afropips Durban Poison sitting in my fridge. Im waiting when the time is right to grow and produce seeds. I wish I had some more info about the origins of this particular line of DP, but Ive never been able to find any grow reports or smoke reports about it. Its a total mystery!

Dave use them Afropips DP wisely not much legit DP around anymore even in South Africa. If you do make seeds may i surggest sending some in to seedbay as server founds, myself and many other members would be interested in preserving this strain.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Anyone who has seeds from Afropips or African Seed Co,

Please do not kill your males - these are very valuable. Worst case scenario revert him to veg and find someone who can use him.
Pollen is very sensitive to moisture and to a degree temps. But pollen is meant to make seeds ;)

(Not to infringe on your thread but if my math and reading skills are accurate this is #50)

JVonChron

cool, thanks for the info. I have a ten pack from dutch passion I have been itchin to try out. the picture they give resembles what I got in 99' just a bit less purple.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Pink pistils are another Durban trait.
I also am noticing an African trait is the lack of seration at the outer tips of leaves

rhinoman 1

Hey thcvhunter, ya know how you tell if you have a real durban? It makes your nose itch and numbs your lips when you smoke it.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Dave use them Afropips DP wisely not much legit DP around anymore even in South Africa. If you do make seeds may i surggest sending some in to seedbay as server founds, myself and many other members would be interested in preserving this strain.

Thats something Id be glad to do someday. Sharing the genetics is the best way to ensure it doesn't disappear.

browntrout

Veteran
Dutch Passion Durban Poison on left, starts flowering early but lengthy bud cycle. Durban pheno of a Durban Poison x PCK.

picture.php

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Afropips has two landrace strains up at Nguniseeds. Durban Poison and Swazi Rooibaard.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I've been growing a cut of the DP here in the Pac NW for 5 or so years now, i'll probably never let her go. She produces huge nuggets that smell like banana, anise, licorice, and spice. She will show her true colors if she's taken to 14 weeks, but I never have the time for that and take her to 11, and is still amazing smoke that people ask for time and time again.

Also I was recently in Jamaica and scored a KILLER bag of some DP from a very nice rasta man who was passionate about growing medicine. It was by far the best ganja I smoked while in Jamaica. :joint: Simply delicious. Anyway here's a photo of the Jamaican DP I got and the cut I know as Durban Poison. Much love DP lovers! SL

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=24168&pictureid=987491&med=1"]View Image[/URL]

^^^ Jamaican DP

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=24168&pictureid=621843&med=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=24168&pictureid=1036209&med=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=24168&pictureid=1036212&med=1"]View Image[/URL]

^^^ MY Durban Poison cut

Dutch Passion is the only one who has legit DP these days. I think what you've got there is one of the early crosses with Skunk #1 from the 80's. Looking at the stems it's purely DP but the buds are different from DP, they're much bigger and stickier. Looks like you've found yourself a nice cut my man! everyone in Holland was crossing stuff with DP back in the 80's to find something good, Skunk #1 worked best I think. Dutch Passion has the legit DP yeah, but the potency is from a wild plant with a value of maybe 6 but you have to start smoking a lot as tolerance builds quickly