Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Fungus gnats or WINGED ROOT APHIDS???

Thread Title Search
Fungus gnats or WINGED ROOT APHIDS??? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2010, 02:02 AM #31
FoCo(No.Co)
Barned

FoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by humble1 View Post
As far as the yucca goes IDK about yucca as an effective foliar wetting agent. Also, the two things you mentioned have food in them which is a no-no for foliar apps w/ pesticides. Use a drop/gallon Palmolive soap if you don't have anything else. I use wet betty or penetrator.
The leaf dwellers dont seem to be too hard to get rid of, its the soil dwellers I am having promblems with. How come I cant just put the pyrethins in my regular nutrient mixture?

"We're down with chillin, not killin... knaw what I'm sayyyn?"
FoCo(No.Co) is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2010, 02:34 AM #32
humble1
a.k.a. X-pert Dreamer

humble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nice
you can put the pyrethrins in your nute mix, but unless you're doing ebb'n'flow with the flow equal to the height of your soil/medium line the aphids will just crawl up to the unaffected area and hang out there. Dunking your whole root mass is the only way for the pyrethrins to be completely effective. IDK why it's more effective without food in the mix; just what I noticed from trial and error.
"Stealth Hamsters don't exist, do they?"
humble1 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:42 AM #33
FoCo(No.Co)
Barned

FoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really niceFoCo(No.Co) is just really nice
Quote:
you can put the pyrethrins in your nute mix, but unless you're doing ebb'n'flow with the flow equal to the height of your soil/medium line the aphids will just crawl up to the unaffected area and hang out there. Dunking your whole root mass is the only way for the pyrethrins to be completely effective. IDK why it's more effective without food in the mix; just what I noticed from trial and error.
Ok so the only thing that my shop had in stock was Monterey "Take Down" spray, which is .01% Pyrethrins, 1.0% Canola Oil, 98.99% Inert Ingredients.

EDIT: MONTEREY TAKE DOWN IS NOT EFFECTIVE AND NOT RECOMMENDED.

This stuff was not intented for use as a drench, but I'm going to use it anyway... Do you know what kind of concentration I should use? Or more appropriately, do you know the concentration of the BugBusterO that you were using and how many ml/gallon you used? Thank you for your input by the way, it is much appreciated.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:57 AM #34
humble1
a.k.a. X-pert Dreamer

humble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nicehumble1 is just really nice
You want Pyreth-It. If your store doesn't have it and won't order it (although it is carried by the major distributors) then you should order it online.
humble1 is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 AM #35
FoCo(No.Co)
Barned

Quote:
You want Pyreth-It. If your store doesn't have it and won't order it (although it is carried by the major distributors) then you should order it online.
Unfortunately I cannot afford to wait for my shop to order it and I dont have a debit card to order stuff online.

So I am going to go ahead and try the Monterey .01% at a few different concentrations on just a few plants... I will be back in several days with a report.

EDIT: I REPORT THAT IT DOESNT WORK.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:39 AM #36
milehighmedical

Old 02-24-2010, 06:29 AM #37
humble1
a.k.a. X-pert Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighmedical View Post
At least I have some gnatrol sitting around, I didn't want to use it in fear of bothering the girls.
gnatrol isn't for aphids. it's for gnats. it's specific strain of Bt.
you're just spinning your wheels trying to use it on root aphids.
humble1 is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2010, 06:38 AM #38
Norkali

Norkali is a jewel in the roughNorkali is a jewel in the roughNorkali is a jewel in the roughNorkali is a jewel in the roughNorkali is a jewel in the roughNorkali is a jewel in the roughNorkali is a jewel in the roughNorkali is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Any suggestions? Google doesn't show much for CA, NGW says no shipping to CA either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randude101 View Post
The weed business needs a unique type.
Norkali is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2010, 06:50 AM #39
humble1
a.k.a. X-pert Dreamer

There are other generic pyrethrins to be had in high doses. Try sunshine gardens ebay store and rosemania online. you should be able to find something. if not, call around to a bunch of stores and find out who has some leftovers on the shelves. the stuff doesn't really go bad unless you cook it.
btw if you aren't afraid of real poison and don't need it in bloom atm, merit is the way to go imho. imidiclaprod is the active ingredient in that one, and yes it is systemic. if you don't want to buy a whole bottle you can pm me for a store in the bay area that will break you off just a little bit for the right price.
humble1 is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 AM #40
milehighmedical

1 members found this post helpful.