It's official, the yogi-cup-micro-grow challenge has graduated to a contest complete with PRIZES!
Editor's Note: The winner of this contest will get their prize from our advertiser, Herbie's! When the winner is announced they should contact Herbie's by PM.
photo thanks to Eighths & Aces from last round
The rules are *nearly* identical to last round; from seed only again and most importantly; roots must remain inside the container at all times.
This contest is open to ALL icmag members; there are NO restrictions at all on environment / equipment, only the container size and that plants must be from seed (once again; primary rule is roots must remain entirely inside yogurt cup at all times).
1) a 6 oz. individual yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions. Keep the original label on there, please.
2) a seed or seedling of any Cannabis, male or female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.
3) each contestant can enter up to 5 yogurt cup plants (one plant per cup), but must choose only one to be judged.
4) There is no call for entries thread this round, so the contest will stay open to new entries the entire time. This thread is the place to post entries and updates from now until completion of the contest.
5) Your entered seedlings may be germinated or not at the time of entry.
6) All roots must remain inside the yogurt cup for the duration of the challenge and may require trimming. Any type of feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed immediately and not be outside the 6oz container.
7) Harvest must be no more than 20 weeks from tomorrw, that's November 30th. You can enter and finish ANY time between now and November 30th, but MUST be harvested with finished product pictures and smoke report by November 30th.
8) Missing 3 weeks without any update disqualifies a member, so keep up steady updates for the win.
Final harvest weights, both wet and dry, would be great, but not mandatory.
Showing plants against a ruler for reference, along the way and at harvest, also not mandatory, but would be super.
We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit of community and sharing of knowledge and experiences.
Weekly update pics are pretty important let's all try to keep up, although if you miss one week, don't quit, just keep the updates as steady as possible.
Winner will be chosen in a separate thread containing a poll, posted after the completion date (November 30th).
Similar to other contests on ICMag, the voters will be asked to take into consideration all aspects of each grow AND the documentation of the grow as well, including but not limited to:
quality of the information updates
frequency and presentation of updates
quality of photographs and or videos
Explanation & details
Design of the grow
Strain review & information
Answers to questions about the grow
quality of the harvest
Finally; a list of micro container growing history on ICmag :
Previous Rounds of Yogurt Cup Challenge:
^^ Last round
^^^^ Round 3
^^^ Round 2
^^^ Round 2 call for entries
^^ Round 1
^^^ Round 1 call for entries
Beer cup challenges:
1 sqft challenge: