Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > commercial guerilla growing for a living..?

Thread Title Search
Visit Sensi Seeds For all your Genetic Needs!
commercial guerilla growing for a living..? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 PM #1
Trippy Stix

Trippy Stix is on a distinguished road
commercial guerilla growing for a living..?

so I've been going over this in my head lately and realize how much more of a happier person growing has made me, and changed me for the better.. I recently finished trimming my first outdoor guerilla and pulled 2.08 lbs.. I understand the intensive labor needed to succeed and also realize the work needed for large scale spots with the first guerilla under my belt. I'm currently going to college for Business...... grades just dropped horrendously due to harvest just being finished and over with and have no real idea why I chose that major. I don't know what I would do if I graduate with business degree and just from pulling 6 outdoor plants I calculated I have a 10,000$ value in buds. I have read almost every page of Julian's massive outdoor thread and am seriously thinking about it. am I going crazy or does it seem do-able to do a large-scale in-and-out operation of 200 plants (for starters) and hope to pull 4oz from each which would put me at around 50lbs, my area ps go for 4000$-4500$, easily putting me at a 200,000$ value for one season. advice please?
Trippy Stix is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:57 PM #2
Trippy Stix

don't really have much of a family anymore due to losing most, all I really have is a gf that helped me through this season to pay for school.. I just don't want to end up in the federal pen for some large grow, I would keep it to 10-15 spots of 15 plants

Old 09-25-2013, 07:00 PM #3
Trippy Stix

and I know just talking about it is nothing, haven't mentioned the life I would be living after it's all said and done... finding somewhere to store 50 lbs and not even to mention actually distributing it, I have no real clients that get more than acouple ozs maybe a qp here or there and would be stepping into a whole new ballpark being the one selling multiple ps

Old 09-25-2013, 07:15 PM #4
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy Stix View Post
and I know just talking about it is nothing, haven't mentioned the life I would be living after it's all said and done... finding somewhere to store 50 lbs and not even to mention actually distributing it, I have no real clients that get more than acouple ozs maybe a qp here or there and would be stepping into a whole new ballpark being the one selling multiple ps
cold calling...better answer it.

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:31 PM #5
Swamp Thang

Swamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the roughSwamp Thang is a jewel in the rough
How about just relocating to one of the growing number of states where commercial weed grows are legal and taxed ?

Sure you'd make less profit than you would trying to pull off a large grow someplace where growing is still outlawed, but at least you wouldn't have the stress of evading detection, and the worry of getting ratted on by the sort of people you'd wind up dealing with trying to wholesale weed where it is very much against the law.

I live where penalties are serious for posession of weed even in small amounts, so, to avoid the risks of buying seeded dirt-weed from dodgy characters, I grow small amounts of seedless bud solely for my personal use.

I never sell to anyone, nor let slip to anyone who personally knows me that I ever grew before. Also, my weed is not only grown in the swamp forest, but dried there, stored there, and yes, smoked there, such that the only THC I ever carry about on me is what is in my bloodstream.

Needless to say it would never cross my mind to attempt a commercial grow anywhere that such an endeavor could deprive me of my treasured freedom, but I admire your chutspah if your mind is set on rolling that dice, and I wish you the best of luck.
Swamp Thang is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM #6
VonBudí
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

VonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud ofVonBudí has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy Stix View Post
have no real idea why I chose that major. I don't know what I would do if I graduate with business degree
unless you hate college with a passion please please please do not think about dropping out to pursue some price plummeting, fucking bullshit growing career that any idiot can do.

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:43 PM #7
SS-

SS- will become famous soon enoughSS- will become famous soon enoughSS- will become famous soon enough
How would you honestly rate your quality against what you and your associates can get locally. If it's better trust me. The word spreads once you have the quality and quantity on hand. First being the more important. If you have AAAA quality bud, you will never be able to keep up with your demand eventually, and always will be trying to find more ways to produce more next season.

Now I can't give advice on guerilla growing. Down here that shit wouldn't fly. It's a cakewalk though to setup multiple indoor setup's down here. just noone cares honestly if you pick the right neighborhoods

Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 PM #8
Yes4Prop215

Yes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond reputeYes4Prop215 has a reputation beyond repute
doesnt sound like a solid plan. guerilla growing is risky at best, you would be sacrificing lots of stuff to potentially get nothing at the end. if you are serious about growing as a career i would recomend picking up property yourself or renting a place to just grow open sun like most folks.

growing 2lb guerilla is way easier than trying to crop 50. but you can easily crop 50 in a backyard of open sun giants in 200 gal pots check any of the OD threads in the forum.

also not having any wholesale contacts is a big red flag.....its almost pointless to get in the game unless you know people who can take that kind of weight. i know guys who got in this way and every time they harvest they are desperate to unload and they annoy me trying to help them...it gets really tired when someone you specifically advised against growing tried anyways and then you have to bail them out every harvest because their yield and quality sucks. most new growers simply do not have the skills to cultivate quality herb, they grow subpar shit then have to send it out of state to barely get profit above breaking even..

and last thing never plan a growop just based on "i can harvest 50lb" ive found it rarely works out the way you want it. set a number of plants a lowball estimate (because some shit always comes along and will reduce your harvest) and be happy with that.

whatever you do good luck....i would pursue college more man. wish i focused more in school and learned something i could use. honestly the MJ market is a few years away from bottoming out (at least in med states).....its a dying industry that people are trying to squeeze every last drop out of before the big corporate factions come in and hijack everything for the millionaires.
Yes4Prop215 is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:02 PM #9
Easy7

Easy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of light
I'd be worried about security. It takes one person with any small detail of what your doing, to rat you out. There are many loopholes growing for a living. It only takes one time getting caught and it's worthless. If your doing it every year, sooner or later something will give.

Get a good job, if you happen to find some spare change from a hobby then that's that. 200 plants attracts federal interest. They will want someone in prison if that occurs.
Easy7 is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2013, 08:03 PM #10
Trippy Stix

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, any idiot cannot accomplish a plan like that.. takes a number of skills as well as mindset and determination to get a job done like that. any idiot can grow a couple low quality plants in the woods. also I feel I wasn't as specific referring to clientele...It wouldn't be too hard you are right good product sells itself, also I know about 5 or 6 good friends that have been known to get 1p maybe 2p on hand, if not their guy can be introduced to me.. I really don't know. I've just been saying to myself while doing school work what the hell am I doing? why am I going to school for something that I have no idea how it will help me after I graduate (besides from looking better than other applicants for a job...) I wouldn't move to a med-state because their market is just flooded in most..

2 members found this post helpful.