Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Munchie Mansion > What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Thread Title Search
What Are You Eating Right Now!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2018, 11:13 PM #3991
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
Half an avocado, potato chips, and a baby kosher dill pickle or two... with the scraps of the last Andouille.

We add extra gluten & notably increased olive oil to our whole wheat New York style pizza dough, along with a bit of extra yeast, rod. Gives it the classic combination of chewy but crispy on the bottom.

Pizza looks good.
moose eater is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:04 AM #3992
rod58

rod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond reputerod58 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah pretty much what i do moose ..once i knead the dough i put a fair splash of olive oil in the bowl , place the dough on that and then a lot more over the top . like you say , it makes for great chewy texture ..
a piece of the olive bread from last night with the last of the baked beans and a egg ..
and a plum !
rod58 is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 02:14 AM #3993
Dr. Purpur
Custom Haze crosses

Dr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod58 View Post
yeah pretty much what i do moose ..once i knead the dough i put a fair splash of olive oil in the bowl , place the dough on that and then a lot more over the top . like you say , it makes for great chewy texture ..
a piece of the olive bread from last night with the last of the baked beans and a egg ..
and a plum !
Hey Rod, add a teaspoon of Malted barley flour to your dough. It gives a very special texture to pizza crust and a wonderful pro chewiness to bread

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:15 AM #3994
Dr. Purpur
Custom Haze crosses

Dr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivor
pork roast was off the hook last night. Tender, smoky and dripping moist. I rolled it in kalamata olive oil, then into herbs and spices before throwing it into the smoker.

I think I ate about half of it last night. Big slab slices on fresh artisan French bread

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:24 AM #3995
stankydankys

stankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the rough
Banana pudding for dessert!!
stankydankys is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 03:10 AM #3996
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
What do you s'pose air-freight is on a box of tree-ripened plums from Oz to Alaska, rod?? ;^>) Gotta' be cheaper than a plane ticket!! ;^>)

We just marinated a pork loin roast for TWO days the other day, Purpur; I always end up wishing I'd either used an injector for the marinade (to get more flavor into the roast), or had stuck to a shoulder or butt roast, as they always have way more flavor than the loin roasts seem to.

Bought the loin roast on impulse, more or less, as it was on sale for $1.69 lb. Hard to even kill my own meat for $1.69/lb. once cutting and wrapping are done, gas, bullets, etc.

Currently sharing a can of smoked oysters on whole wheat cracked black pepper crackers with my son, before going to fill up his poly-drum with snowmobile gas.

Warmed up to +1 degree f., so it MUST be outdoor chores time.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:40 AM #3997
Dr. Purpur
Custom Haze crosses

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose eater View Post
Naturally dried, no-sulfur Turkish apricots, in all of their oxidized brownish, but tasty glory.
Those sound real good. My grandpa was born near the base of Mount Ararat, in Turkey. We had a home over a tributary of the Euphrates river. Grandpas uncle was Minister of finance for all of Turkey. An Armenian. I love both Turkish and Armenian cuisine.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:38 AM #3998
moose eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Purpur View Post
Those sound real good. My grandpa was born near the base of Mount Ararat, in Turkey. We had a home over a tributary of the Euphrates river. Grandpas uncle was Minister of finance for all of Turkey. An Armenian. I love both Turkish and Armenian cuisine.
Cool. Lots of history over that way.

The 'cots offer a relatively low-impact, carb/sugar and calorie snack. 5 grams of carb per each on average (with a specified serving of 5) for ~125 calories and a total of ~25 grams of carb in 5. Allegedly good for restorative or maintenance medicine of sorts for the liver, too.

My wife (and in the past, myself) used to make buttermilk, pecan, oatmeal muffins with the dried apricots diced up into them. Sweetened with maple syrup and/or honey (instead of sugar).

Pretty tasty, but the 'cots stick pretty heavily to what ever you're using to dice or cut them, whether scissors or a French knife, and the muffins themselves are real carb bombs. BUT MAN!! They're good!

Good road or trail food, and good gifts, too.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:04 AM #3999
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Cooking pasta with tomato and basil sauce.

Working on Something Sneaky
troutman is online now Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 05:09 AM #4000
Dr. Purpur
Custom Haze crosses

Lamb with mint sauce, fresh organic carrots with Maple syrup butter sauce, sprinkled with chopped pistachios.

5 members found this post helpful.