You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Morocco 2018

Thread Title Search
Morocco 2018 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2018, 12:21 PM #1
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
Morocco 2018

Greetings Hash lovers...

The 2018 Season is upon us, the fruits of 2017 are arriving, so I started this thread so we can see and speak about what is coming out of Morocco, please feel free to contribute, everyone has a different story, contacts..

Here in Barcelona, it seems that the top quality is in short supply, much demand, and prices for the top quality are going up, one club I heard paid e7.5 whereas they were paying 5.5. This may drop as supply increases, but it does sound like a price increase, driven by market forces (more demand than supply for the top quality)

Also, Barbara Bud, multiple cup winer, the hashmakers favourite new strain, has had a bad, year, at least in the area my friend knows about... much lower quality than normal... do not buy Barbara Bud without checking it out first.

Lots of advances in technology, stories of people building giant "washing machines" and chilling equipment arriving to improve the harvest processes.

Also, lots of really shitty BHO made with very dirty Butane, creeping into shitty hash mixes, avoid at all costs.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:46 PM #2
dimodz
Elite StrainCloneHunter

dimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to alldimodz is a name known to all
yeah i have heard it about strains like ; Amnesia, Amnesia Hz, OG Kush, chocolope, Barabera Bud, Super Lemon Hz, Somango, critical mass (bilbo), GG#4, tangie, strawberry Banana, Banana OG (rare)
, Black Lime reserve ...

5,5 is normaly price but 7,5 is new dimension now with coming ...

H
ybridsFromHell

dimodz is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:58 PM #3
ChaosCatalunya

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimodz View Post
yeah i have heard it about strains like ; Amnesia, Amnesia Hz, OG Kush, chocolope, Barabera Bud, Super Lemon Hz, Somango, critical mass (bilbo), GG#4, tangie, strawberry Banana, Banana OG (rare)
, Black Lime reserve ...

5,5 is normaly price but 7,5 is new dimension now with coming ...

Yes, but run outdoors in Morocco, and then made into hash, the winners are not the indoor flower winners

Barbara Bud, 24K, Nicole Kush and Cataract Kush seem to be the winners over there... But, it may be that lots of people have had trouble with Barbara.. so tread carefully

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:21 PM #4
george7

george7 is on a distinguished road
It will be such a shame if all this influence of western strains in morroco threatens the traditional morrocan landrace. Although 10 years of now i can picture 70% of morrocan hash will be made from western strains..Modern strains= obviously more yield than the landrace + more potent. More yield=more profit.
george7 is offline Quote

Old 01-06-2018, 12:39 AM #5
Zitz

Zitz has a spectacular aura aboutZitz has a spectacular aura aboutZitz has a spectacular aura aboutZitz has a spectacular aura about
"Barbara bud" "Nicole Kush" lol...Looks like we'll have to accept most Moroccan hash will be made of western hybrids from here on. Still, I'd rather smoke rif mountain Barbara hash than some hydro Barbara bud.

I'm waiting for the niche market of "pure Moroccan landrace hash"...Maybe there is an old stubbon hash farmer up the mountain that never changed to the new strains, they laugh at him now, but he could get rich!
Zitz is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:50 AM #6
snuicide

snuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the rough
I was at the chefchaouen region during harvesttime

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=347021

brougth 1/2 kg of seeds and started looking through.

was a lot of skunk over there

quallity has a broad variety
cheapest was 0.30 € / g
snuicide is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:04 PM #7
ChaosCatalunya

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuicide View Post
I was at the chefchaouen region during harvesttime

View Image

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=347021

brougth 1/2 kg of seeds and started looking through.

was a lot of skunk over there

quallity has a broad variety
cheapest was 0.30 € / g
Lovely.. please contribute your experiences and view of what is happening there

Old 01-08-2018, 12:09 PM #8
ChaosCatalunya

Quote:
Originally Posted by george7 View Post
It will be such a shame if all this influence of western strains in morroco threatens the traditional morrocan landrace. Although 10 years of now i can picture 70% of morrocan hash will be made from western strains..Modern strains= obviously more yield than the landrace + more potent. More yield=more profit.
It may well be 70% already, last year people told me it was "around 50% and more and more converting"

I dont think it is about yield... many of the fancy name indoor queens, grown from feminised seeds, under the harsh sun, made into hash, do not perform well... so there is still a lot of expensive, time consuming experimentation that is unwelcome.

I think it is about the market... they have to change, because Europe is no longer buying their hash, we are producing our own weed and the kids prefer to smoke that. I heard stories of gangs in Marbella /Malaga with warehouses full of shitty soap bar (250g cut low quality) because they simply cannot sell it.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:11 PM #9
Mate Dave
Propagator

Mate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud ofMate Dave has much to be proud of
Can you still buy unpressed fresh out the skins like back in the day?

Old 01-08-2018, 01:01 PM #10
ChaosCatalunya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate Dave View Post
Can you still buy unpressed fresh out the skins like back in the day?
Someone showed me some lovely SLH that was "triple filtered" he said it was bought unpressed, they filtered 14 twice more and got 11. Really oily hash, very nice.

3 members found this post helpful.