What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ladybugs

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Nice pictures. I can't get them to stick around outside. Inside no problem.
Any tips?
Best bet outdoor is lady bug larvae I think. The larvae tend to wander around looking for food, but stay in the same general area. Once they pupate and are ladybugs they eat what they can find and then fly away. Unless you have infestation levels in your plants, eventually they will eat all they can find and move on.

OCdirty

great thread, i usually throw a hundred or so praying mantis eggs in my yard every year (have whether growing or not as i'm fascinated with them).

This year some a-hole squirell got into my tub and literally wiped out about 200 fresh eggs. Did have some hatch and generally have 1-2 that live on each plant through the season.

Even have an IG account dedicated to them lol, @praying_mannabis

Awesome OC thanks for sharing I love mantis! If you check out my other thread Bugs on buds I got a bunch of shots of the little hunters. they are by far the most fascinating of the predators in the garden. My buddy's got a whole lot of mantis eggs this year and didn't realise how long they take to hatch so they are sitting in jars at the time being...... But when they do hatch they said i could have a few for my place Im looking forward to a few little buggers hanging out!