What's new

What Were Your Favorite Movies of 2017?

Green Squall

I'm a movie buff. I love movies almost as much as I love weed. Here's my list in no particular order....

The Lost City of Z:
Very cinematic and pleasing to anyone who's read the book.

Mudbound: A Netflix Movie that depicts two WWII Veterans, one white, one black - who return home to rural Mississippi each to address racism and PTSD in his own way.

Raw:
This one seems to be a favorite this year. A coming-of-age horrorfilm that deals with a young vegetarian's first year at veterinary school when she tastes meat for the first time and develops a craving for flesh.

Brimstone: A Western Thriller from a talented director that caught me by surprise.

First They Killed My Father: Another excellent Netflix film about a childhood survivor of the Pol Pot regime in Cambodia.

Dunkirk: I watched it twice this week. A beautifully made movie that I'm sure will go down as a classic.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
blade runner 2049 (great great great movie!!)
dog eat dog (2017 in italy...2016 in the usa)
suburbicon , first movie directed by george cloney ...good

lost city of z isnt of 2016? ...in 2016 i've find amazing "get hard" by coen bros with will ferrel

Green Squall

blade runner 2049 (great great great movie!!)
dog eat dog (2017 in italy...2016 in the usa)
suburbicon , first movie directed by george cloney ...good

lost city of z isnt of 2016? ...in 2016 i've find amazing "get hard" by coen bros with will ferrel

What's wrong with me? I still haven't seen Blade Runner! I'm going to put some time aside this weekend to watch it.

About The Lost City of Z, I think it premiered in 2016, but wasn't released in the US until 2017.

Big Will Ferrel fan here. One of the funniest actors out there lol. I will probably have to vote for Step Brothers and The Other Guys for his best movies.