What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Berry Juice

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning yall,

Here's a couple pics of a variety I've been working with/on for the last 4 years.

It started when I was attempting to make an F gen of Joeyweeds Sugarberry (Sugar Blossoms x DJ Short Blueberry). I had my females & 2 males in their location about 150 feet from my attempted Sensi grow. Hahaha

Of the several females I had, one of them was a cutting of Juicy Fruit that was gifted to me. This cutting has been called the "Colorado Juice Fruit" here at IC & is known for it's faciation (sp?) characteristic as well as excellent flavors, wonderfully complex aromas & a potent psychoactive high taking your head to the clouds. Juicy Fruit was a medium yielder, imo.

The Sugarberry was a heavy, stoned high and had some nice watermelon & cantalope aromas & flavors. Both plants were medium to heavy yielders.

The Sugarberry males were releasing pollen when our dominant wind direction shifted & swirled & got all turbulent one day sending pollen to the Sensi grow & nailing everything. Luckily, pollen levels were fairly low & I only got a few seeds from everything.

So myself & a friend have been growing these Berry Juice for the last 4 years. We've not kept any males until this year because seed is running low. All the ladies we've grown, thus far, have proven to be excellent, giving us complex melon/berry type of aromas & flavors & an exciting, electric, head in the clouds high type that lasts for 3-5 hours (depending on how much you indulge in a session.

Phenotypes are all over the place but just what I've seen they all seem to exhibit a lot of Thai like traits...
All are NLD with an exciting, electric high type but will give ya the old 1-2 if overindulged in.

Here's a few pics of the mother plants I'm using to make F2s.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
I've always been a fan of plants that turn out looking like x-mas trees! Can't wait to see how they turn out for you.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
How is that for timing? I just started soaking some Berry Juice X Blue Moonshine seeds a few hours ago. Very nice to see what work you have been doing with these MJP.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Those mother plants are looking beautiful and fierce. :D 4 years of solid work is obvious. Way to stay on task.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The alpha pheno is beginning to look like she wants pulled...
She smells like sweet melons with some unexplainable undertones. Looking like a Damn good yielder as well. This lady is going to be cloned if she'll let me.
Stretch was about 50-100% after she was put outdoors.

Mostly cloudy trichs under the microscope. Maybe 1 or 2 amber trichs per sq. cm.
Wish I had a nice macro lens for pics.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TThe beta pheno is only a couple weeks behind alpha.

She keeps stacking on the weight as well.
Moderately strong aromas of over ripe cantalope emanate from this gal 24 hours a day. I can smell her from 50 feet away as I'm walking up to the group. Even on chilly mornings.
Gotta get a cut from this gal as well.

The gamma pheno is stacking on weight as well. Aromas are almost non existent... Grassy spice at this point. Not really distinguished. She's at a minimum, a beautiful plant. Hope she surprises me after harvest. I grew a Cherry Malawi that was fairly similar in aromas... Her smoke was electric.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
MJP are you saying you don't have cuttings from these plants already? Why not take some earlier on? Scheduling difficulties? The descriptions really are helpful and sound delectable as well. :)

Were you planning on evaluating these plants indoors as well then? Looking forward to the next picture and smoke update. Great stuff.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My long term goal is aclimating a few very good varieties to my microclimate.

Thinking this Berry Juice will be one of them.

No I haven't previously taken cuts.
I figure, why bother when I can reveg a small bud in the cloner later. That and the energy saved adds up pretty quickly when on a budget like mine. I would rather run lights in the winter than a heater.

Anyway, I wasn't planning on doing a lot of indoor testing. I only have one space making simultaneous veg & flower somewhat difficult.

I am actually planning on keeping up to 6 moms through this winter. 2 will be these.

I'm a seed popping junky too.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The TOP!!!

The TOP!!!

That speaker tower is 42 inches tall.
The lowers took up about another 12 or so inches of stem.

Stem was super flexible standing mostly straight up through 30-40mph winds.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Must be a strong plant to handle that level of rough play. Nice work MJPassion

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why yes they are 3rd.

I attempted to get a couple macros of the beta pheno.
It's a bit fuzzy but I think the trichs kinda show.
Definitely need a better camera for macros.

Here's a shot of my friends Berry Juice x Blue Moonshine verigated branch/bud:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went to check the progress of the Beta plant & discovered a few thick patches of PM on a few leaves.

Instead of scoping her, I trimmed all the PM I could find and the bitch got chopped this morning. She was within her window anyway. All the trichs I saw were cloudy.

Sorry, no pics.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
any updates brother? :)

Had a question too. Do you have any pictures of BJ X BMS that anyone grew out? Yourself or others? I've got one in veg right now and i saw some phenomenal pictures over at skunk from xekki. Still have a few beans left too. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts