What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Light Deppers:Silver/Black HD tarp or Dbl layer 6 mil visqueen?

KDT

I greatly appreciate the advice! Found a lot of conflicting info, so if anyone has experience, I'm all ears.

ELBURRO

Look at there reviews they are horrible I would look at other options. Many people up here are using reinforced poly.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
I used to use Duratarp Silver Sunblockers but have more recently gone with panda. I use the 40x100' rolls. It can tear, but the lighter weight is easier for me to deal with.

KDT

thanks fisher, I was reading some of your posts from awhile back. is one layer of the panda film sufficient? at least until it rips anyway... any supplier recs?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Doesn't panda get brittle when exposed to sunlight?

Not in my experience

KDT- one layer is fine, 100% black out with the 5 mil. I just ordered a bunch of rolls through my shop.

For small 'stars' in the panda I superglue on a square of duct tape.

theJointedOne

Veteran
im with fisher, Panda and a roll of good tape ftw, unless you can afford the breathable tarps, but they are somewhat pricey and a bit unwieldy, compared to the panda

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Been using Bulldog Tarps they are heavy duty and won't rip, thats the only problem though they are a bit on the heavy side. Def. a two person job trying to cover the G.H. unless you have some kind of poly system

KDT

thank you guys, i appreciate the help. looking forward to using the panda film with some gorilla tape and super glue! with these temps we're having the girls are getting ready pretty quick. thanks again.