What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1872 sq ft Test Green House

For anyone who's never seen Super Blue Dream pop in a GH. This is almost exactly one month of veg. I've never seen anything outgrow it.

picture.php

picture.php

turbo14

Veteran
So how many weeks of veg time are ya lookin' at? 6 weeks or so? So you can get in 3 crops per year? Lookin fuckin stellar friend! After running these for a few runs, would you rather have an automated covering system? I'm trying to get a 26x48 or 26x60 light dep, possibly Nexus or Forever Flowering. Looking awesome!

turbo

danknugs420

That ventmaster looks pretty unique, albeit out of my price range, for now that is. Stresscase, this grow is phenomenal, you are blowing everyone in my area out of the water. Love the setup, love your commitment, keep it up man, you and folks like you are my inspiration dude. I wish you well ( not that u need it.lol) and im definitely watching this one. :tiphat:

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Sweet log man, and awesome looking greenhouse. Super envious, and hoping for a good pull for you :)

Would love it if you could post some pictures of your light dep setup after you get it all set and working. Im having a hard time picturing what you're gonna be doing with those metal ? Marks you were talking about(I Saw the pics on page 3 or w/e)...

Anyhow, keep up the good work, lovin it.

So how many weeks of veg time are ya lookin' at? 6 weeks or so? So you can get in 3 crops per year? Lookin fuckin stellar friend! After running these for a few runs, would you rather have an automated covering system? I'm trying to get a 26x48 or 26x60 light dep, possibly Nexus or Forever Flowering. Looking awesome!

turbo

Hey Turbo,

This run, yes, something like 6 weeks total in the ground. Next run I'll be using plants in 5 or 10 gal to go into 100gal pots (or raised beds) so veg time should be <1 month.

For me an automated blackout system doesn't offer a huge advantage. Reason being I still need someone to babysit the plants. Check soil moisture, run fans to ventilate humidity if necessary, notice there's insect damage/nute burn/nute def/etc. and apply something, etc. I do have to say those are cool though. If you're trying to run a large scale one man show I could see Nexus/FF being awesome.

turbo14

Veteran
Hey Turbo,

This run, yes, something like 6 weeks total in the ground. Next run I'll be using plants in 5 or 10 gal to go into 100gal pots (or raised beds) so veg time should be <1 month.

For me an automated blackout system doesn't offer a huge advantage. Reason being I still need someone to babysit the plants. Check soil moisture, run fans to ventilate humidity if necessary, notice there's insect damage/nute burn/nute def/etc. and apply something, etc. I do have to say those are cool though. If you're trying to run a large scale one man show I could see Nexus/FF being awesome.

Right on!, That's what i'm thinking as well. Going from 5 gallons to 100 gallons after a month of veg. Shit should pop off hard! What kind of numbers are ya hitting in this house? 100+ units? I'm planning on a 30x60 with 12 lights in it with around 55-60 100 gallons. Hoping to get around 75+ units per run. What do ya think? You're killing it buddy!

much love
turbo

That's a pretty cool looking greenhouse. I like that ridge vent and the forced ventilation on the long side of the GH.

A couple things I'm not too keen on. I don't like the opaque doors, seem like unnecessary light blockage. Also it looks like one of the long side of the GH has opaque vents that would block quite a bit of light.

Sweet log man, and awesome looking greenhouse. Super envious, and hoping for a good pull for you :)

Would love it if you could post some pictures of your light dep setup after you get it all set and working. Im having a hard time picturing what you're gonna be doing with those metal ? Marks you were talking about(I Saw the pics on page 3 or w/e)...

Anyhow, keep up the good work, lovin it.

I'll definitely post pics of it. Probably in about a week.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Curious why you don't have your ventilation set up with climate control and drip irrigation on timers with zone valves and moisture meters for the soil and leaf to control the zones?

Also , for your horizontal air flow fans, are those just floor fans you zip tied to the boughs of the green house? If they are, is there a reason you opted on those versus the greenhouse rated HAF fans you can get from Farmtek or other suppliers?

Last question, from reading your various posts in this thread I gathered you've already changed the pots out once, why aren't you growing in the ground or just running the same beds over and over?

I am planning on using 3x3 geoplanters in my blackout.

Curious why you don't have your ventilation set up with climate control and drip irrigation on timers with zone valves and moisture meters for the soil and leaf to control the zones?

Also , for your horizontal air flow fans, are those just floor fans you zip tied to the boughs of the green house? If they are, is there a reason you opted on those versus the greenhouse rated HAF fans you can get from Farmtek or other suppliers?

Last question, from reading your various posts in this thread I gathered you've already changed the pots out once, why aren't you growing in the ground or just running the same beds over and over?

I am planning on using 3x3 geoplanters in my blackout.

Hey again farmer,

Some answers to your questions.

First about the water. I run 3/4" PVC from my main into a single zone Galcon timer. I then distribute to three branches of 1/2" poly. At every plant we have a tee and a right angle so that we can spiral 15' of drip line with 0.5gph pressure compensating emitters pre-installed every 9 inches around the plants. With this configuration I can water upto 4x per day while pushing 10gal/hr to each plant or 750gal/hr to the entire GH, completely automated. We also have a bleed off system to release the excess water from the system when we stop watering.

If a single plant is under performing and seems too wet we simply kink the 1/2" drip hose as it enters that individual pot and stake it down. We don't have much need to multiple zones, at the point we're at now everything is consuming enough water to be on a single zone. However, if you're transplanting small plants (and don't plan to hand water at first) I could see multiple zones being of value.

If I want to do ACT I brew in a 300 gallon tank then distribute with a pump+garden hose for maximum tea quality and to ensure we don't foul the drip system.

If I want to distribute chemical nutrients I mix them in the 300 gallon tank to PH correct then use a pump (that does 50 psi) to push directly into the drip system. Once the greenhouse is too grown in for someone to get inside we'll be running exclusively chemical nutrients.

I've seen but never used soil moisture meters before. Frankly I don't really trust them as much as I trust a trained individual to stick their fingers in the dirt and assess how wet it is. This is an interesting idea for a watering system though. I'd just hate to debug it on a real crop! :)

The ventilation - The ventilation is used to control both temperature and humidity. The rules are...

*If the temperature exceeds 75 degrees 2x 30" shutters open at the front/top and 2x 24" fans kick on at the rear/top. These will run most of the day if the weather is less than amazing and we don't roll up the sides.

*If the temperature exceed 82 degrees 2x 40" shutters open on the front/bottom and 2x 36" fans kick on at the rear. These typically only run at the hottest part of a full sun day.

*If I feel it's prudent I'll have the climate control system run the top fans/shutters once an hour for 10 minutes to lower humidity at night. Just depends on conditions. Usually necessary with bigger plants even with 40ish amps of dehumidification. But I'm going to be trying out some bigger dehumidifiers this run so we'll see how it goes.

The ventilation is computer controlled.

The circulation fans - I'm using 6x FarmTek 20" Hanging 3 Speed Circulation Fans. They're hung using chains. They do 5827/5488/3997 CFM depending on speed. I run all of them on the lowest setting and every single leaf in the greenhouses gets a nice gentle breeze. I don't do true HAF where you just point the fans along the isle. I think going way overkill on circulating fans really helps control pests and keep a nice even humidity/temperature throughout the GH.

If you look at https://extension.umass.edu/floricu...ntal-air-flow-best-greenhouse-air-circulation you'll see they only recommend using less than 6000cfm for a GH my size. However I'm running about 24000cfm.

Okay and finally about soil/containers. I ran 45 gallon and 65 gallon smart pots the first time. I think 100 gallons might yield more but I'm not 100% sure soil volume was my limiting factor.

I've read quite a few articles showing raised beds/smart pots to be a better choice. Planting in the ground means digging out holes, laying cages down to prevent gophers, and filling them. And after all that I don't get as good of drainage or aeration. I've grown in holes outside before that were 8' in diameter and 3ish ft deep. I do not recommend it. Also I have a tarp covering the entire floor of the GH to prevent moisture coming through the floor and I don't think the plants would like it much.

I might try either Hydro/Aero or raised beds next run. We shall see. I like those Geo Planters you mention but I'd like them to be deeper than 10 inch.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
big up , just seems like if you're already that automated you'd want the tarp to go over auto as well...I'll let you know how mine works

lvtokerr

big up , just seems like if you're already that automated you'd want the tarp to go over auto as well...I'll let you know how mine works
daily routine of having to go out every day to pull the tarp probably promotes better work habits.

What a sick greenhouse. Defiantly makes me want to go green asap. Will definitely be watching this thread. Hope you kill it bro!

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I'd question the work ethic of your employees if they needed to have a chore like pulling tarp hanging over them to get them outside, but that's just me.

Big up StressCase you're on the way!

turbo14

Veteran
What kinda numbers are you hitting per plant? Last time in the 45 and 65's? I'm getting a very similar greenhouse next week. We are gonna run just a few strains to start it out. Short flowering and not too stretchy.

Pure Kush
Emerald OG
Cherry Pie

Have you done the Blue Dream in the greenhouse yet? How'd she do? I have the clone on the back burner, but she performs awesome..

Much love, your murdering it!

turbo

JointOperation

big props man.. thats awesome.. you out in cali? or colorado? or?

i wish i could do that here.. but i dont trust the area yet.. enough.. im looking for a new place thats more set in the middle of nowhere.. so we can run a greenhouse instead of guerilla grows in the summer.

any security advice you can give to keep people out of something like that? rippers?

Latest posts

Latest posts