What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Laurence Cherniak's 37°C Hashish Cure

My dry sift would press if you looked at it harshly, one pass of the palm and it was done.
If you need heat, hot water, sprayed water, steam, or a vice press like in Pakistan or Morocco and other dry sift areas, the reason is simple, the resin is not pure resin heads, it is something else mixed with resin heads, leaves, dirt, resin stems, etc, etc. Or if not mixed on purpose it is because they did not want to, or could not make pure resin head hashish.
Once you have seen 99.9% resin heads, handled it, worked with it, played with it, pressed it, smoked it, you will understand what I mean....
-SamS

Again no comments Sam!

If you say that "heating activates your resin and it will be "eating away" any microscopic leaves residues and all the wax membranes for approx. 12 weeks before going into a "digestive" stage of approx. 2 weeks you can the age your hash".....
Do you have any proof or is this all just speculation, opinion, and hearsay?

-SamS
As I have mentioned I have my own experience and will be working shortly on testing the inside of a 20-30g ball of hash on a weekly basis for 12 weeks and I will gladly send you the results.
Will that do?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I cannot hand press 30 g at a time which is why I use this technique.

If the resin was 99.9% dry sift you can press 30 grams at a time, easy, if you have calluses to prevent your palms from having the skin pulled off, or bubbled into water blisters during pressing, that hurts....
And prevents you using the palm for pressing while it heals for a week or two....
-SamS

if you are pressing pure dry sift there definitely should not be a need for heat or strong pressure. ....pure dry sift will easily press into a solid gooey form within 3 or 4 seconds of thumb pressure in your palm.

You should check the definition of the word Hashish before saying that, a thousand plus years old by the way.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You should check the definition of the word Hashish before saying that, a thousand plus years old by the way.

What he said was true, really good resin can be pressed really really fast.

Do you have a reference for a thousand years plus hashish? Not just ground up marijuana, but hashish, just the resin?
I got my info from years of studies and reading books like The herb; hashish versus medieval Muslim society by Franz Rosenthal (1971)
And my colleague RCC's "Hashish" and "Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany"
Where did you get your info?
Do you have any links or references to photos or writings that describe hashish making 1000+ years ago?
I am not saying hashish is not older then 1,000 years, but without writings, or archaeological remains were are just speculating.
We do know that Cannabis was used more then 1,000 years ago by various peoples, but it was eaten not smoked, until after 1492, when smoking tobacco was introduced from the new world.
-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It is,
IF you have very pure resin heads to press, most people do not, so they use heat, pressure, water, steam, a ten ton press with heat.....
-SamS

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I hope you will be able to see the fusing with of a very dry high quality resin.
The bottle is filled with boiling water.
If you want testimonials on the quality of that particular pressed Hashish, anytime

G`day Frenchie

Is the very dry high quality resin, dry sift or water hash ?

There is quite a difference when you look at them under magnification . Very tricky to keep the trichome stems out of the bubble .

2 very gentle passes over a 75 dry sift screen collects way less contaminant than bubble from the 75 bag .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

If the resin was 99.9% dry sift you can press 30 grams at a time, easy, if you have calluses to prevent your palms from having the skin pulled off, or bubbled into water blisters during pressing, that hurts....
And prevents you using the palm for pressing while it heals for a week or two....
-SamS

Forgot again that you invented pure resin

What he said was true, really good resin can be pressed really really fast.

Do you have a reference for a thousand years plus hashish? Not just ground up marijuana, but hashish, just the resin?
I got my info from years of studies and reading books like The herb; hashish versus medieval Muslim society by Franz Rosenthal (1971)
And my colleague RCC's "Hashish" and "Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany"
Where did you get your info?
Do you have any links or references to photos or writings that describe hashish making 1000+ years ago?
I am not saying hashish is not older then 1,000 years, but without writings, or archaeological remains were are just speculating.
We do know that Cannabis was used more then 1,000 years ago by various peoples, but it was eaten not smoked, until after 1492, when smoking tobacco was introduced from the new world.
-SamS
The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights, (Arabic: كتاب ألف ليلة وليلة‎ Kitāb alf laylah wa-laylah) First English edition 1706. See The Tale of the Hashish Eater in The Tale of the King “Umar ibn al-Nu’mân” and The Tale of the Qâdî and the Bhang-eater and the Bhang-eater and His Wife.
Hashish may have been smoked before the introduction of tobacco, check your friend Clarke book since you quote him.
Anyway you do have the biggest one Mr Skunkman and I will let you "Moderate" your kingdom in peace, I will keep my uneducated experience, hypothesis and speculation to myself in the future.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Rob agrees with me, he was staying with me for the last few weeks and just left to Istanbul, and I agree that it may have been smoked a few times, but it was not at all common by any stretch. Only a few pipes pre 1492 have been found in the old world, check out Robs newest book, Cannabis evolution and ethnobotany and see. Anyway, the dating and analysis was suspect as they claimed to find THC in the pipe but the pipe was way to old to have any THC9, any THC would have been THC8 not 9 in anything so old and/or smoked.
You should educate your self before you teach others about your opinions and myths, or at the least tell them it is opinion or traditional myths.
I think you mean well but statements like "By the way Terpenes are NOT made in the resin heads" make your efforts ass backwards, regardless of intention.
If you want to post your uneducated experience, hypothesis and speculation, go ahead, but just admit it is what it is.
I posted my theories and opinions about terpenes modulating THC years before I had proof, but was largely ignored until I did the science. That did not stop me from having opinions and posting, I just said it was an opinion.
-SamS

Well the terpenes are not exactly made in the resin heads but on the underside of it, in a rosette of gland cells.
I thought that the terpenes were already formed before reaching those cells when they are still only precursors, my apologies for such a major mistake.
Yes it is all opinion, theory and hypothesis , did I ever say otherwise???
I am trying very hard to educate myself and it is interesting how you are judging people when they are doing what you have done as you just mentioned.
I have actually repeatedly stated the fact that it was opinion and hypothesis.
I love the uneducated experience part, never heard that one before, quite funny.

Daub Marley

I believe that anecdotal evidence points to samples with higher CBN as being "stronger" because the effect is more noticeable and long lasting than samples with a lower amount of CBN and higher THC.
This could cause confusion to some who might infer that extended heating/curing would increase potency, but the chemical composition and the "high" associated with it just changes form. I guess it depends on your definition of "stronger."

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
as far as i understand it, working the hash or pressing it is done to up the quality. by breaking the glands and compressing them you are changing the way the hashish will taste. they also cure pressed hash for the increase in quality taste wise. as the hash is curing all the particles containing plant matter will slowly be rid of the chlorophyll as it evaporates with time. this then will increase the quality of this hash. but of course if your hash is already 90+ pure all the curing and pressing won't change much, although in my experiments working even very clean dry sift changes the way it tastes when you smoke it. but this is pollinator material, so not sure how clean it actually was. just does seem logical that they press it party to achieve that change of taste from a fresh ticklish dry tasting powder to an oily looking compressed chunk that tastes like proper old school import hash.

BagAppeal

How about this,
Will pressing low quality dry sift give more of an effect than unpressed low quality dry sift.
The reason I ask is. Since some seem to have the opinion that pressed is stronger, could it be that there just is not enough pure thc in the dry sift sample to give a good effect, so instead of experiencing a proper high,this might make the user believe a more cbd effect is actually what they prefer and believe to be a good thc high?But in reality if they had a good dry sift sample say 99% pure, the difference would be so clear that they would not prefer the pressed sample, as the thc effect would be stronger than the cbd effect and give a more correct opinion?
Hope I make myself understood...

All the best

BagAppeal

EsterEssence

Veteran
The resin has to be good to press into a sticky mass, otherwise it is a blond-green dry low grade crap that you can age as long as you like and it will still be crap...

BagAppeal

Good is not the same as 99 %..In my opinion, it can not be compared.. If you were referring to my question, that is not what I meant with bad quality dry sift...
I meant quality that can be pressed together, but still not 99%...

All the best

BagAppeal

Latest posts

Latest posts