What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costco carport greenhouse 2012

doublejj

Veteran
Here we go again folks. I've got the 100gl smart pots filled with soil & will plant in a few weeks. Can you spot 'Rocky'? One of our chickens? She's checking out the new dirt in the picture
Things got too crowded last season with too many plants, so we are only growing 6 this season
For more info on how to build a carport greenhouse & more pictures of past grows, there are links below
All comments & questions welcome

Good luck & happy growing

peace
doublejj:tiphat:

Attachments

• 5-8-2012 greenhouse 010.jpg
    5-8-2012 greenhouse 010.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 9-1-2011 the vest 001.jpg
    9-1-2011 the vest 001.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 23

joedogsong

Hey there DoubleJJ. Thanks for dropping by over on my new thread. I've been wanting to do it this way since I read your 2011 thread. I know I've got too many going to fit but I don't think mine will get that big.
Do you think that the 100 gal pots is why yours get so big? Besides genetics that is.
Are you using seed stock or clones? Sativa, Indica, or mixed?
Looking forward to sharing the grow
JDS

G

greenmatter

tagged!!!

do any of your neighbors' have noses that work? i would live to have one of these, but i don't think it would be a secret for too long

doublejj

Veteran
Costco carport $220

Costco carport $220

I thought you might like to know the carports have gone up to $220.
I bought ths one for the back deck yesterday

I'm growing all clones Joe, hybrids. Big pots will shure help you get big plants.

Good luck
peace
doublejj

Attachments

• 5-11-2012 deckcarport 001.jpg
    5-11-2012 deckcarport 001.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 19

Growcephus

Veteran
YES!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this years

X2!!!!!!

There's something about seeing a GINORMOUS cannabis plant that puts a smile on my face.

Sending positive waves your way DoubleJJ, and looking forward to your updates.

Peace to you sir!

D

DU420

Hey double jj I only stumbled across your 2010, 2011 grows today and now you've started 2012 so I get to watch this one as it goes, very impressive mate. Would this idea work if you had the shade cloth over the top as well as the plastic?

doublejj

Veteran
Yes DU, the shade cloth works very well for the top, however it would let rain thru.
We get occasional fall rains here that could mold the buds. So I use plastic to shed rain.
Good luck

peace
doublejj

Hey there DoubleJJ,
Glad to see that you are back. I was worried that you might have decided to go into hiding after the fed scares...whish that they would come to their scenses.
I was wondering why you haven't tried growing dirrectly in the ground after the 2010 grow???
I dug out a hole about 3 foot deep under the entire port area and filled it with 2 feet of ocean forest on top of a mix of mushroom compost, peatmoss, large pearlite and some other amendments. I hope that i get better results this year.
Over the winter i took out a 60-70foot tall elm tree that i think stunted the growth last year from shade. This problem that i had last year makes me think that using the shade cloth over the top would REALLY cut back growth potential.
After watching a show on NatGeo called American weed i discovered that Colorado has a law stating that any grow can not be in open view and must be reasonably secured against theft/tresspassers. I found some extra-heavy duty 8 foot chain link fence that was being torn down from a factory that closed in the 90s and even had a friend drop off a gate from the dogpound they closed/moved a couple of years ago. All of this cost me under a hundred bucks (post concrete, some fittings, locks and chains, etc.). We built up the new security fence a few inches larger than the greenhouse i got from ebay last year (almost the same as a car-port). I only use the top of the greenhouse plastic cover (to about a foot,the first cross member, down from the top) on the frame and run the shade cloth around the inside of the fence. Loops of clothesline run from top to bottom to keep it from flapping in the wind. As time goes by i can fairly easily raise the cloth up untill i hit the top of the fence. Later i plan to build a roof over the fence line that will bolt/weld onto the top horizontal pipes that strengthen the fence. When i build this i plan to use some hard plastic roofing panels (or Solex if i can get enough cash) for the top making it into more of a perminent green hose than a car-port cover. I don't want to have the cops come in and cut down my 6 plants like they did to a couple of grows in that show.
Getting clones turned out to be hard this year. New laws last July have shut down most dispenseries in my area. Even in Colorado Springs i could only find one place that sells clones(Strawberry Fields...I love that name) and they did not have any at all untill a sale for April 20 came around. The selection was....well..less than a selection. All i could get were 2 called Wheelchair that is a sativa/indica mix, 3 called Lifesaver that might make a good indica dominate and 1 called Jah kush that i think is indica dominate. They are a lot smaller than the ones i had by this time last year. When i got them i notice a couple of small hairs coming from the leaf/stem bases of the wheelchair that quickly became flowers and it will not quitt trying to bud...this is on a 4or5 leaf clone that barely started roots into the wool cube and at 20 hour light cycle. One of the Lifesavers is doing similar.
I would kill for just 2 good indicas to replace those with, but i can't find another dispensery that sells clones. I can't handle the hundred mile drive to Denver (problems from surgery last May makes it hurt to sit more than an hour or so) to search out other dispeseries that sell clones. ANYONE reading this PLEASE post suggestions of shops that you know.

DoubleJJ, what are the pros and cons of the fogger you used last year? I was looking at pump sprayers that Hudson makes and wondered if one of those might do almost as well. PLEASE chime in with alternatives.
I plan to keep 20 hours of light untill the 4th of July but am running the light out to the GH like you did instead of moving the pots into the garage every night. It seemed to work well but i think the pots restrict some size potential. I am only looking for about a 1/2 pound per plant. It would be nice if they suprised me with even more.
Keep up the good work and trust that i will be watching to learn all i can from such a master as yourself.:thank you:

D

DU420

Hey doublejj what grade of shade cloth do you use for this green house all i can find is 70% uv protection and I'm thinking that would cut out too much light.

ElPiloto

Great to see you back for the 2012 season.

You said that the price had gone up for the Costco carport. Here is a link to a good place that sells the fittings to put together any size canopy frame and you can skin it with anything you want. I have done business with them for several years and can vouch for the high quality of their stuff.

http://www.all4canopy.com/

I put up a 14' X 16' frame and will be using greenhouse plastic on top and shade cloth like yours for privacy. I am planting directly in the ground after digging a hole 3' in diameter and 3' deep and filling them with a soil mix.

I have a Medical Marijuana card, so I am legal up to 12 plants.

Good luck and keep smiling.

phate

Veteran
we gotg a hoophouse, and you gave us the idea to add a carport. i like it better than the hoop! it has roll up sides too :)

Attachments

• 5-27 carport and hoop.JPG
    5-27 carport and hoop.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 5-27 carport left.JPG
    5-27 carport left.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 19

doublejj

Veteran
Plugged in!

Plugged in!

Got everything planted in the greenhouse, here we go