What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
As we speak, we are in the process of inbreeding this Auto Malawi x NL F3 release to its F4 generation. I already have selected 2 very nice females: one from the high yielding sativa/indica pheno with the best terpenes found in the line, and the second one is a super resinous early flowering compact Malawi pheno. Both will be reversed to pollinate a wide variety of nice F3 females to produce different F4 lines.

Auto Malawi x NL F3 (which already has Old Killer Malawi genetics) will be crossed again to best killer non autoflowering Malawis, in this case with the New Killer Malawi, with the aim to produce an even more Malawi version of this hybrid, that will contain our 2 best and main Malawi Killer parental plants in a single autoflowering Malawi based strain.

Beside that, we are also using this first ACE Seeds autoflowering strain to pollinate our best female parental plants of some of our classic strains (Bangi Haze, Orient Express sativa pheno, Panama Goddess, Tikal, Zamaldelica elite mango carrot, Malawi x PCK best purple pheno, Nepal Jam, ...) to hopefully produce in the future more autoflowering versions of our strains. All this will take time (probably 2 years or more) but i'm very enthusiastic with the projects and with the chance to widen up my breeding knowledge with different kind of cannabis.

'Boogieman'

As we speak, we are in the process of inbreeding this Auto Malawi x NL F3 release to its F4 generation. I already have selected 2 very nice females: one from the high yielding sativa/indica pheno with the best terpenes found in the line, and the second one is a super resinous early flowering compact Malawi pheno. Both will be reversed to pollinate a wide variety of nice F3 females to produce different F4 lines.

Auto Malawi x NL F3 (which already has Old Killer Malawi genetics) will be crossed again to best killer non autoflowering Malawis, in this case with the New Killer Malawi, with the aim to produce an even more Malawi version of this hybrid, that will contain our 2 best and main Malawi Killer parental plants in a single autoflowering Malawi based strain.

Beside that, we are also using this first ACE Seeds autoflowering strain to pollinate our best female parental plants of some of our classic strains (Bangi Haze, Orient Express sativa pheno, Panama Goddess, Tikal, Zamaldelica elite mango carrot, Malawi x PCK best purple pheno, Nepal Jam, ...) to hopefully produce in the future more autoflowering versions of our strains. All this will take time (probably 2 years or more) but i'm very enthusiastic with the projects and with the chance to widen up my breeding knowledge with different kind of cannabis.

That is awesome too hear dubi. People like me grew up smoking sativas but those sources are long gone. I can't grow long flowering sativas in my climate outdoors so I really hope one day you produce a auto sativa with a soaring psychedelic sativa high.

OnceUpon

i gather this would then be inbred & selected for auto like the original f2 poplulation?

using this project as the first step in further auto flower experiments makes sense. you guys are on it!

ULMW

Great news Dubi!
Thanks for all your hard work !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That is awesome too hear dubi. People like me grew up smoking sativas but those sources are long gone. I can't grow long flowering sativas in my climate outdoors so I really hope one day you produce a auto sativa with a soaring psychedelic sativa high.

Hi Boogieman,

That's one of the main and most interesting reasons why we want to develop good autoflowering strains with our sativas. Current autoflowering genepool commercially available are made with mostly indica genetics, same than with the non autoflowering strains. So i think we can really help to also improve the autoflowering genepool by developing sativa dominant strains with autoflowering traits, and our collection of sativa strains would be a great breeding base to achieve it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
i gather this would then be inbred & selected for auto like the original f2 poplulation?

using this project as the first step in further auto flower experiments makes sense. you guys are on it!

Your are right OnceUpon,

Although our current Auto Malawi x NL release is 100 % autoflowering, it will become non autoflowering when it is crossed with a non autoflowering parental plant (although genetically related like in this case, where we want to introduce the New Killer Malawi parental plant in the hybrid), so yes, after producing the non autoflowering New Killer Malawi x Auto Malawi x NL cross, then we must do again a F2 generation of this new hybrid, look again for the 25 % of the population in that F2 generation that is 100 % autoflowering, select for the most interesting Malawi traits and inbred it again to finally produce another F3 (indeed it would be a F6 if you count from the very start) 100 % autoflowering generation that finally contains both Killer Malawi parental plants in a single autoflowering Malawi based strain, so basically is like to do it again from the scratch.

LouDog420

Very cool stuff dubi! I've got a few of the malawi x nl autos going that just got started. Will be keeping my eyes on the rest of your auto lines now as well ;)

Respect

The Hatter

Veteran
This is the first time I've ever bought an auto. Next time I have some long flowering freak pheno holding up my flower room a month or more past everything else I'll try and get a head start on the next run by tossing an auto in there with it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A row of different mostly sativa lines of our Auto Malawi x NL.

And a nice yielding, a bit more sativa than indica Auto Malawi x NL, fast flowering pheno, finishing in late June.

Attachments

• Auto Malawi x NLs late June.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NLs late June.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Auto Malawi x NL late June.jpg
    Auto Malawi x NL late June.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 145

Koondense

Veteran
Sooo impressive for autoflowers!
It seems they had very good care, great soil and weather to grow this big, definitely the grower knows his job.
Can we expect a terpene and cannabinoid analysis in the future? ;)

Cheers Dubi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Koodense friend :)

We are indeed very happy with the outcome of our first autoflowering strain, and excited as well with the development of new ACE autoflowering strains!

Yes, we have plenty of Auto Malawi x NL females recently harvested from all the phenos, so i will bring some samples of the best and most representative females to the lab for the analysis once they have a proper curing, guess we will have the results in 3-4 months. I will post them as soon as we bring them to the lab and get back with the results :yes: Thanks for your interest!

G

A row of different mostly sativa lines of our Auto Malawi x NL.

And a nice yielding, a bit more sativa than indica Auto Malawi x NL, fast flowering pheno, finishing in late June.

Hey Dubi,how long from seed are the plants in the pics?Impressive!:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Shooters :)

Nice to see your Auto Malawi x NLs already planted in the soil and starting to flower!

It's very important to maximize the growth of the autoflowering strains in their first month of life by provinding them lots of light intensity and enough space for the roots (30 liter pot minimum) so they can reach develop the bigger structure as possible to later produce a proper yield.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A row of different F3 Auto Malawi x NL lines finishing outdoors in the first half of July, while the non autoflowering strains are still growing wildly at this time of the year.

We have been successful to produce different new F4 lines of the strain, that hopefully will be released once the F3 stock is over and the new F4 lines are properly tested.

Attachments

• Auto Malawis x Nl mid July.jpg
    Auto Malawis x Nl mid July.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 104

Anonimas1989

when to expect F4?

when to expect F4?

By the way, crossing it with auto durban poison from dutch passion would give even more thcv plants and would do it auto also. How ever I was dreaming about auto malawi for 5years now, but not malawi/ indica hybrid I mean auto malawi gold should be as much malawi gold as old killer one :)

Anonimas1989

I mean high is more important then any other attribute. Big size, good branching is all okay. But that psychedelic high is priority to all growers who live in northern area and always dreamed about real psychedelic auto Malawi since they cant grow real ones in summer