What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

" Land Of A Thousand Colas !!! Multi room PPK 26K "

Rotel

Wow I admire your ability to mom a cut so long sans proofing. That's investment.

In the same time I've traded a single cut back, around and about such that I brought it back in twice. Dank, but it wasn't a great yielder. I cull to a fault, so I easily grasp the required resources that it takes to hold a pheno for 2 years sans any proofing.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey mckush glad you stopped in ... so im pretty intrigued that you could run one epap in a room that size. Do you have any other lighting in there? any photos to share??? Interesting...

b-safe

Hey g, check my grow thread. I had no problem using an epap as a single light source.

gmanwho

Veteran
Rotel... ya man.....you never know the full potential of the seeds you started. I kept about 20 moms around during the " down" time.

Rolldaddy. go for the de's !!!! an do not run them on full till you get the feel of them. I can say for sure at this point, some genetics do not need this bright of a light. no matter how perfect your feed an ph is , hummidty co2 air circulation or rootzone is , they will not be " perfect green leaves" under the higher light . The first genetic that does this that comes to mind is the SFV OG.

the sfv lowers are perfect, any top fans exhibit defects from what i think is to bright of a light. to this point with the de's i have tried ebb& flood systems, coco, an now running side batch with " michigan made mix " organic or semi organic store bought soil.

gonna post up a few pics of the veg system next....

b-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
Veg system

Veg system

heres basically what i built with the room i had. in the photos the main flower room is to the left. its basically a double decker system. almost 10ft ceilings. 12 buckets each level. each level is about 30in wide an 8ft long. 3 gal buckets, 10" net pots that fit over buckets. 3/4 in feed/drain lines. 2 separate modified controllers. 2 6 bulb t5 setups end to end. one 55 gal rez. small rock bio filter setup on the return line to the rez. 1/3hp chiller set to 69f. Flooding every other hour an held for 30 min. the levels are set to flood at different times, one level every even hour, the other every odd hour.

6/9gh. 3-5 mill calimagic, 1/2 dose of agsil 16 silica, beneficial teas, an then a shot of liquid concentrated barley enzyme used for ponds, a few sprinkles of dried crushed barely straw, an few sprinkles of mosquito dunk to keep off the fungus knats. ph'd ususally around 5.4, then slowly raise to 6.0 near rez change out after 7 or so days. My rez smells like good earth an is not slimy. have not sterilized it to date.

i worked with what i had. the only down side at this point is the lower level lights tend to heat the upper buckets. but to this point its been workable even through the first summer. been thinking about lining the underside of the lower bunk with fiberglass reflective board.

lower level

picture.php

picture.php

both levels

picture.php

staring up at upper levels. Nice canopy

picture.php

Started brewing beneficial bacteria teas. used the recipe from " richyrich" over in the orgnaic hydro thread. Been about 4-5 weeks now. Plants have never been happier!!!!!! AN THAT IS NOT A LIE!!! very nice root development so far..

picture.php

be well an b-safe!!!!

Rotel

Looking good. I'm also a benificial bacteria believer in DWC so I get where you're coming from. Great job mate! Keep up the good work.

gmanwho

Veteran
ya rotel, i like the teas. u take a little bit of good known bacteria an grow it in your tea, then you introduce that BB army to fight any bad bacteria an decaying material. Very nice ecosystem... an as a side effect your breaking down food for roots to uptake quicker.... i have a feeling this next run will be epic for me!!!!!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
heres basically what i built with the room i had. in the photos the main flower room is to the left. its basically a double decker system. almost 10ft ceilings. 12 buckets each level. each level is about 30in wide an 8ft long. 3 gal buckets, 10" net pots that fit over buckets. 2 separate modified controllers. 2 6 bulb t5 setups end to end. one 55 gal rez. small rock bio filter setup on the return line to the rez. 1/3hp chiller set to 69f. Flooding every other hour an held for 30 min. the levels are set to flood at different times, one level every even hour, the other every odd hour.

6/9gh. 3-5 mill calimagic, 1/2 dose of agsil 16 silica, beneficial teas, an then a shot of barley enzyme used for ponds, few sprinkles of dried crushed barely straw, an few sprinkles of mosquito dunk to keep off the fungus knats. ph'd ususally around 5.4, then slowly raise to 6.0 near rez change out 7 or so days later. My rez smells like good earth an is not slimy. have not sterilized it to date.

i worked with what i had. the only down side at this point is the lower level lights tend to heat the upper buckets. but to this point its been workable even through the first summer. been thinking about lining the underside of the lower bunk with fiberglass reflective board.

lower level

View Image

View Image

both levels

View Image

staring up at upper levels. Nice canopy

View Image

Started brewing beneficial bacteria teas. used the recipe from " richyrich" over in the orgnaic hydro thread. Been about 4-5 weeks now. Plants have never been happier!!!!!! AN THAT IS NOT A LIE!!! very nice root development so far..

View Image

be well an b-safe!!!!

I like your style!!! I used to have a shelf set-up I built almost exactly the same. I used t8's instead. I made a "door" out of plastic that closed them in and added relectiveness. Made a wall out of plastic on the one open end, and put a cheap 6" duct booster fan to change out the air inside when the "door" was closed.

I used my bottom to keep bonsai mothers, and the top shelf was for vegging 3" cubes for an ebb n' flow table. Used rope ratchets just like you to get the most outta the t8's.

gmanwho

Veteran
Ya man the tea works great so far.

This was a piece of furniture left here when i bought this last house. i put my 1/3hp chiller in it, cut a hole for a high speed 10" fan( server fan), then put some holes in the other side for intake, lined it with bubble wrap to quiet it down. works nice

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pic of the modified ebb & flood controller. kitty liter containers.

picture.php

Buddle

Veteran
SWEET!! Great thread Gman..You've got the ladies looking great.I recently upgraded to DE lights..My plants were showing signs of too much light as well...And you are right..Never enough food...I am using 3 DE's where I used to need 5 screw in HID's..

gmanwho

Veteran
BUDDLE!!!!! long time no talk. hope all is well. ya these de's thhrow some light. i got the nanotech de's in another room, these are supposed to be even brighter. so you went down to 3 lights where normally it would take 5 ??? isnt it great, less electricity less heat less ac expense...

talk to you soon..... be well an be safe...

DunHav`nFun

Just wanted to stop in and show respect for a crop well harvied once again Gbro.....and yeah....

Monocroppin`s difficult with all the flavors there are to play with out there , but as you touched on earlier after my response , ALL plants have different needs be it environmental or feed differences to be all they can be and push the envelope to squeeze every gram yas can out of em......

Glad yas got less light and mo nugs outta these new light fixtures......less elec use and more end product`s the holy grail IME , and that`s why I always went with smaller rooms and less wattage per grow area......

Take care and keep strokin my buddy.......

Peace...DHF....:ying:......

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Freds, good to see you still lurking the halls man! always enjoy your posts.

gmanwho

Veteran
hell ya dhf glad you stopped back. i thrive of being efficient as much as trying to do my best for quality. today i know im not near the quality i was before the move. Still tweaking.

so far i moved from 8 to 6 lights. I've been contemplating pulling down one more light to 5. i still havent moved off the 600w setting. I just need to do the math for the light spread to the size of the room, an then move the stringers holding the lights. The room is almost an elongated " P ". so it would then be 3 lights on one side an 2 on the other. I may then pull the lights to the ceiling an turn up the wattage.

been busy.... real busy. Building a 2nd room, then stopped it for the time being, then built a 3rd room after the last harvest. I Had a bunch of soil backup moms an was like fuck it im building another room. I had everything already beside the white poly an a tarp for the floor. go figuire

3rd room has a bunch of organic 3 gal soil pots. So far the soil couldnt supply enough N an Cal as they got larger. Had to start feeding 3mil micro & 3mil Bloom an 3mil calmag.

The 3rd room is 4 vert 600 mh 10k bulbs in parabolic hoods. I took the 2 extra e-paps an placed them in between the hoods. About 8-10 days into flower.

talk soon, b-safe..

gmanwho

Veteran
some pics of the soil room. the 2 e-paps on 600w setting, then the 600 mh's are on 400w. 10k bulbs. Lots of differnt genetics in there.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Easter G! Your soil room is looking nice, plants seem to be smiling alot. how do you go about managing all that variation in plants? looks like you have about a half dozen strains in there.

gmanwho

Veteran
hey mckush, theres actually about 12 or so different strains in there. Happy easter to u 2.

headband, skywalker og, extrema, sfv, lucifer og, star dog corey, 3 or 4 different stardog(corey) ep x mullumbimby cuts, sourbubble, 2 different lavender bx cuts, early pearl x mullumbimby, biker kush(karmas headbanger), candy creme....... an another 1 or 3 i missed.

What do you mean by manage? keep track? or feed them or cloning. well thats another story.

i usually keep a sheet or 2 on paper of my current cuts. whether i have them in soil, backup moms, or fresh cloned or in veg, or early flower. i make a spreadsheet dictating where they are an im able to work it that way. a bunch will be weeded out soon. An theres more genetics coming soon. by fall im sure half of those will be replaced.

Its some work to say the least. I enjoy it as long as i can keep the outside world from interfering with my time. thanks for stopping in, be well an b-safe...