What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calculating Nutrient profiles for Canna, GH and PBP

G

So the Flora Nova series provide what the plants need in veg and flower? Is it appropriate to mix them in both veg and flower or are they stand alone ferts, grow for grow, bloom for bloom?? I see everyone coming up with cocktails of Nutes and it's getting to be a lil confusing. lol. Sorry!

G

i just read through this, and realize i have absolutely no clue about growin hydroponically other than equipment set up......... :(

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
irishSoCo said:
i just read through this, and realize i have absolutely no clue about growin hydroponically other than equipment set up......... :(

I know what you mean. When I was setting up my first grow I had a nice little DWC system ready to go, and then I thought about nutes. I realized I never saw a simple method of hydro fert schedule, other than from the manufacturers, which aren't the greatest indicator.

I decided to just go soilless (as in perlite/promix in containers, pseudo-soil) at first and get some 2 or 3 part nutes. I did that, and had a successful grow, but I feel it could've been a lot better if I knew the specifics of nutrients, and what the right PH does that is so vital to the plants.

During that grow I've just been continuing to browse the forums and learn more about this amazing hobby. After seeing how many different people use hydro and nutes, I realized it couldn't be that hard to get the right combination. Lucas Formula, from all I've seen, is a great beginner way to get into hydro. I've been playing around with an excel spreadsheet I made, inspired by this thread, ShroomDr's thread about nutrient thread here. There is a much much higher chance I'll be growing hydro for my second time around.

Last edited:
G

so this is going to sound completely stupid to all you hydro growers (and possibly everybody else). But with a lot of these formulas I see massive tables of nutrients and the mixes to use. Are there some hydro nutes I can get (such as the 2 and 3 part "grow" "bloom" and "bud boost" systems) that I don't have to mix other than measuring out the correct amount from one bottle to mix into the water and add pH up and down to adjust pH? I'll do some more searching. I know how annoying it can be when someone asks without searching.

G

so the gh floranova is a pretty basic system? Pretty much im looking for something thats harder to screw up. I'm just gonna be growing in a small cabinet so ill be doing SWC or DWC most likely if i go the hydro route. I might do a setup similar to the tinybubbler system in the stickies at the top of the hydro forum, but im thinking i probably will go for one larger container just so it will be easier to manage temps and pH if I go hydro.
thanks for all the help :)

D

dankiestog

so 8ml/gal Mirco and 22ml/gal bloom..the same levels the whole way...no up and then down...im going to try just want to get her right ...thanks great info..

G

Ok so I have been reading this and researching nute profiling a little. I understand it for the most part on a practicle level. In order to help me I just want to know who/how the target levels that are being used as a baseline were determined. How did one determine that these were the best target ranges for MJ?

Just Curious :chin:

:bigeye:

G

Mr. Mo said:
Ok so I have been reading this and researching nute profiling a little. I understand it for the most part on a practicle level. In order to help me I just want to know who/how the target levels that are being used as a baseline were determined. How did one determine that these were the best target ranges for MJ?

Just Curious :chin:

read the first post

G

I get all of that. I guess what I am trying to get is. I know that this formula is based on Mel Frank targets, which suggest a 100-100-200-60. My question is how did Mel Frank determine that 100-100-200-60 is the most ideal range of nutes for MJ?

G

I get all of that. I guess what I am trying to get is. I know that this formula is based on Mel Frank targets, which suggest a 100-100-200-60. My question is how did Mel Frank determine that 100-100-200-60 is the most ideal range of nutes for MJ?

Trial, error, and some willing scientist friends... same way anything else in this world was discovered.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
If I did it right, then it would be 0-21-42 (ml per 10 liters)

Such a simple solution to nutes, if more people knew about this and how easy it was I think we'd see more hydro grows.

frame

but i cant make much sence of it sorry for any stuped questions but you lot seem to no your stuff on wat yer doin

Last edited: