What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do all the seed breeders do with all that WEED?! :)

Zknight

Hi guys im sure SOMEONE here has to have the answer.

Since seed breeders grow their plants for seed stock and purposely schwag up their plants some I wonder what is done with the left over flowers after everything is seperated. Is it kept for personal use? I cant see it being sold as it would be completly powder? I dont know maybe it makes it way to coffeeshops in the form of bubble hash ? Im very interested as some of these breeders must produce SO MUCH side product every year since seeds are the real $$. I was thinking it would be a great idea if some seed companies donated the side product to things like medical users/distributors in their respective countries. Nothing says aint nothing wrong with what im doing like a little good PR :)
Much Love
Z

Zknight

Also are seeds sold by weight by a breeder? I have a hard time seeing a breeder counting out say 10,000 beans but its a possibility hahahaha oh the images :)

PALM

Like REZ said, they just bubble all that up, and im sure a few grams make it into a spliff or two. Just because a bush is seeded does not mean its garbage. Full melt bubble is insane!! So good!

Sour Cheers!!

Zknight

Wow ive only had hash a couple times in my life and it was never bubble, ive never had enough of my own crop to make it worth while, just imagine at the end of the growing year if all the seeds breeders were able to sell their Harvest bubble suprise at a shop down the street!! :9

G

guest123

heres what happens to mine , im actually lookin foward to some more seeded bud to see what i can make next ... wahooo ...
7oct_3_hash_closer-med.JPG

7the_final_result_some_drying_left-med.jpg

PALM

Great shots Wally, Zknight those pics shouls do more than answer your questions. I knolw they put a smile on my face!! Is that hash from your "Wallyduck" strain? If not what is it? Looks great!! Enjoy!

Sour Cheers!

Zknight

Haha great pics walley truely amazing, I love hash is hard on the outside and chewy in the middle!! mmmm

G

guest123

thanks palm , yes the soft centred eclair sty;le is made from webbed hybrid as was an excellent brew ...
could almost chew on that one ay knight .??

G

I always figured that's why BOG said he had more hash than he could smoke!

ickypitbull

I sat in Somas home on Boxing day as he brought out a huge ziplock baggie full of full melt, I don't remember a lot after that...

G

Rezdog said:
Bubblehash.

Seeds are still counted by hand.
res you should just weigh 3 or 4 batches of 100 beans for each strain. then average out the weight to see what the average 100 beans weighs. Then just multiply that number by 100 or 100.1. ANd you would have 10000 beans without all the counting. I spose you still need to finger test them all though. So it might not be worth the weighing shortcut.

G

guest123

yea i tried that scamographic , theres still gonna be variation though and will have to be counted somewhere along the line ... 100 grams of ducksfoot seed was somewhere between 7500 and 10000 seeds ... thats a lot of counting to do ....

Zknight

How do pharmacys count and dispense pills maybe theirs a method that can be used or a product that can be slightly modified :)
Z

G

Pharmacist count each and every pill. Probably contributes to the percentage of problems of misfilled and miscounted perscriptions.

Maybe the robot counters they are installing in the hospitals now would work. Only a couple hundred grand, a bargain.

Texas Kid

Hillbilly Haze

I saw a Mr. Wizard show years ago about counting large quantities of items (in this case it was steel ball bearings, about the size of marbles). They did the experiment of weighing and calculating, some other models including hand counting and a machine that used a trough type ramp with a light/detector assembly at the end that just counted every time the beam of light was broken.

Latest posts

Latest posts