What's new

? about preflower on male

I just spotted a preflowering male at 5 days flowering that I want to keep for select pollenations. Plants where vegged from 35-50 days. Had 31 to start. 9- shaman (fem seeds), 5-bubblegum(4 f/1m (axed), 9 nirvana afghani ( the 1 male I want to keep), 5- WYD, and 4 Juliet. All under a 1000w Hortilux HPS on a mover. They were run on a 24/0 during veg, wanted to get them growing as fast as possible in shortest amount of time. IMOP i beive this is the fastest light schedule for that purpose. They are put in grow bags from 1 gal in veg to 5 gal upon sex id, all in organic soil mix with fish emulsions feed in veg. Now I guess Ill stop rambling on and ask the ? I just spotted the male afgani that I want to keep for seed. I moved it from prime real estate to the outer rim, How long can I leave it in the same room without polllenation? Only 3 disticnt preflowers showing. Got a veg closet with 8- 4'flows 2 bulbs each and 40w plant aquarium bulbs seedling clones included. What would be a good process for me to have the pollen around the time I need it? Thanks for any advice on this matter. Later

JLP

Veteran
After they first show sex you usually have between 1-2 weeks until they release pollen.

JLP:)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
......I picked up another 2 entries yesterday JLP........strongly smelling of 'Bounce'....lol!

*The male flowers will be like little tight green nuts at first.....but within 1-2 weeks they will open and shower your ladies with pollen if you don't give them the chop.....or move them to a location where their pollen cannot reach any female cannabis flowers...

Thanks for the reply!!! I am going to leave the male in the flower room and keep a close eye on it. Will move it into the veg/clone/seedling room in the next week it is run on a 24/0 right now and I guuess if I decrease it to 18/6 that the male will go ahead and give me some pollen. Hope you are enjoying the big times over there. Later

Latest posts

Latest posts