What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

males

G

if i breed a hybrid,that you have to carry on by seed ,because the hybrid autoflowers
and lets say i never used a male from one of the parents
say the female
lr/chronic the chronic would always be the mom and the lr would always be the dad ,would i be missing any traits i need from the female because i didnt use a chronic male?
ive been reading up on this and havent really found a concrete answer
any comments?

JLP

Veteran
The crossed seeds will show variations of each.They will lean both directions and some will be the perfect mix.Some will be carbon copies of the male strain or female strain.You will get 100% of the genetics of the male,it will only be a question of where and how much it expresses itself.

JLP:)

G

thanks for the answer jlp.
ive been lookin hard for an answer to that
:)

how about one more ..
ok the ideal breed of plant i want
will auto flower have the potency
and size of chronic and a nice taste.
obviously with no veg stage it wont be as big but
to get these features stable
should i take a non autoflower lr/chronic mom
with the traits i want and mix it with autoflowering lr/chronic males that i like?
or should i only use autoflowering specimens that i like?
the reasoning behind the non-autoflower mom would be for the recesive gene to auto flower but i could carefully select it for the ideal with the exception of autoflower?

id apreciate really any comments on this
so i could sorta gain breeding stratagy
havent had much help so far.

JLP

Veteran
Well,if that were me I'd find a nice Chronic female and cross it to a auto-flowering Lowryder male.Then grow out the cross and work from those plants for further back-crossing.

G

k what i started with was 4 chronic females (that were seeded)
all indica phenos.
i used 3 lowryer males to pollenate them ,2 nl phenos and 1 tall pheno now im growing 30 seeds from the chronic females.
being my first grow i chopped all my chronic girls and reveged the rest cause i figured i had captured chronic in a way with my strain.:-(
now i have ordered more chronic seeds and lowryder seeds.
i have male pollen that i grew and i havent used the pollen.
so ive ordered lowryder 3 times and since the breeder grows them out best ill buy new ones if i need more male lowryder pollen.

but basicly i am at f-1 i have saved 25 lowryder/chronic seeds to mix in slowly.
now i have no moms to work with cause the lowryder plants auto flower and i chopped my chronics.
so i guess my game plan will be to pollenate the new lowryder/chronics that i selectivly choose for traits that i can see,
do a smoke test then grow the f-2s. now since i will loose some of the auto flower at f-2 ill only select autoflower specimens to breed into a non autoflower lowryder/chronic mom choosen for potency. this will make autoflower part of the recessive and dominant genes
then only take seeds from the autoflowering offspring , do a smoke test and pull my seeds add infintium.

sorry if im left anything out hard trying to explain
thanks for the advice

G

hey i took this post from og ill post the link if requested but nothing is out of context

jlp, does this go against what you told me?
is there any truth to this?as of yet i belive you because the guy who posted this has less expeince then you. but hmm

"Of course I will! There's no denying to that! I perfer to use a Lowryder female because females in crosses are dominant in genes, which is why I want to cross 3 generations so that the G-13 x Thai genes will definately be shared with a definate early flowering genes. If its a male, it takes more time to integrate the amazing ruderalis genetics that Lowryder has"

G

the reason i didnt just ask then at og is because i have been looking for someone who knows what they are talking about and some(a lot) of the info i got on og was incorrect edit...
just asked on the thread lowryder questions in strains and hybrid

Last edited:

JLP

Veteran
If you cross two strains the offspring usually leans to the mothers side.You can select from a cross any pheno that exibits the traits you're looking for,so it's not really a big deal.If either of the P1 have autoflowering traits,it will carry over.

Latest posts

Latest posts