What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning with JJScorpio

PHANTOM

Hi jjscorpio

Lots of good info on this thread and the pics are very good, thanx for bringing cloning to the masses, I may get the chance to do it in the future..........

PHANTOM:smoweed:

redman71

JJScorpio said:
After 5 days I stop misting the plants, and I prop open the corner of the lid to allow air inside. If the plants begin to droop, spray them lightly again as they are not ready.

Do you keep gradually opening the lid more each day? When do you ditch the dome all together? Thanks

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just leave it propped up in the corner about a half inch until they are all rooted. If they start wilting after you prop open the lid, close it back until they don't.

Take the cover off completely a couple times a day for a couple minutes and be sure to still mist the dome.....

Thanks for putting all the time and effort into this thread-very informative. I have been using rooters for years now and have great success as well. The only thing I do different is that I never mist the plants at all. I learned this from overgrow. I just add water to the bottom of the tray, place dome over clones, make sure temps are around 75, pull dome off twice a day and depending on strains i get roots within 10 days.
Not sure if this is any better or not, but when "I" started not misting I got roots about 5 days earlier then with misting.
Peace

GrassRoots

Just wanted to thank JJScorpio as well as the other contributers to this thread. I had read through the whole thing before I took my second attempt at cloning. I'm 11 days in and I've got roots on 23 of my 31 cuttings now showing. On my first attempt I lost all of my clones in a bubble cloner. I'm also trying out Grat3fulh3ads super cheap mass cloner at this time (cuttings from 11 days ago as well) but I'm not checking those for another 3 days. I'll be sure to let everyone know the final results in another week or so. Thanks again!

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
it seems to me that. even with an illustrated guide to cloning(thank you jj) that there is still alot of trial and error involved. every strain is different so its needs might also be a ittle different. i will follow this thread excactly when trying to root my f13 cuttings and also these mandala satori cuttings. i really hope that i can master this art. :bashhead:

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
this has been the most informative thread on the subject i have yet read. thank you jj for keeping the procedure to the point since in the end we ARE stoners and sometimes the brain farts.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have taken them a few weeks from finishing. You will need to take those from the bottom of the plant, they will take much longer to root and your success rate will be lower.....

T

TheOneWill

How long do you wait till your roots on your clones to put them in the soil?
Like an inch?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When the roots get to this point I transplant them. Be sure to put them into soil that is barely damp. You want the roots to grow and look for water....

T

TheOneWill

Thanks for the info jjscorpio. I might wanna try those rapid rooters out with my next cloning session but just can't find them. If you know any websites to get them from give me a pm.

By the way right now I'm just been using a small bubbler system with tap water. I got one clone rooted in 7 days. It looks a lil funky. I would post pics but the damn uploader keeps ****ing up. :rant: