What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The classiest coffeeshop in Amsterdam?

There are more coffeeshops than you can visit on one trip.
While I enjoyed most of them, none of them were what I'd call classy, swank, or upmarket.

Do you know of a posh coffeshop? Real clean and classy interior with nice furniture?

Not saying I'm too good for the others, just curious if anyone has taken the initiative to make a high class one?

Of course, if such a place exists, the prices for the weed & hash would probably be more expensive than anywhere else...and that's to be expected.

Again, don't get me wrong: I enjoyed the dark & funky shops I visited (like the Arabica Lounge and De Tweede Kamer). Just curious, that's all.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
bulldog on leidseplein is ok. so is the grasshopper and prix-demi. but i wouldnt recomend buying your weed there.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I dont think you will find a posh place, who wants to burn expensive furniture. :tongue: Nols shop was nice and chill and really open and well lit but thats in Haarlem. Im sure you can find a place that you like if you did some searching. :smile:

CalcioErba2004 said:
Im sure you can find a place that you like if you did some searching. :smile:

Why not save time searching by asking folks at a marijuana forum?? :wave:

Moppel:
Cheers, dude. Will add those places to my list.

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
Posh coffeshop..If there is one I'll try my best to find it in Nov.!!!! haha....down and dirty is cool but every once in awhile luxury is nice.. for right now I just want to get in any coffeshop..Haven't been there yet..Can ya tell ??? Jones'in for the Dam...peace...

Blazed_Out

Not sure if there is any coffeeshop that's catered for 'Posh' people.
I'm thinking the Rokerij, last time I went through there were quite a lot if people staring at me... most of them looked like the 'art' type people that go to galleries. I don't like the place myself.
Amnesia is a good place... no stoner or hippie bull$hit. More like a real coffeeshop than a stoner hangout.

Yea, Amnesia was lighter & brighter than most I went to...I mainly remember that the chick dealer acted like I was interrupting her conversation with some bloke---and I didn't say a word nor make any odd expressions nor even sigh. Just waited patiently by the electronic scale. I wouldn't call it a posh place but I agree with ya, it was more like a real coffeeshop than a stoner hangout.

Will add Rokerji to my list---although I ain't no art snob. Just curious to see a really nice place to kick back and toke: clean surroundings/nice furniture instead of a dark funky dive with ancient, hand-me-down sofas & tables.

Most places are dark,,, but try the Noon-just off Leidseplein-which has renovated the inside with new stuff. Homegrown Fantasy is not dark or funky or used furniture, and has a great bathroom. Free City on Marnixstraat is big and well lit with good food. Rookerij on Singel 8 is dark but has an interior reminiscent of Escher. De Dampkring has gone completely tourist but worth a visit. Avoid Bulldogs at all costs. Barneys is worth a visit early am or late pm, but don't go to the corner shop 'cause the cook's a junkie. Styx on Utrechstraat is spartan with stiff wood tables but clean and well-lit and the locals double park to pop in and buy, which is a good tip...

Last edited:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
bulldog is ok, if you want what he is looking for, actualy i did drink a beer there tonight. i had a few wodka's in rokerij (leidseplein) also. they have some nice chicks working there.

peace, and stay safe.

Perhaps the question of the classiest place to smoke ?
A friend smoked a mixed joint (hash and tobacco) at the Okura Restaurant on Ferdinand Bolstraat, a five-star hotel/restaurant which requires a suit and tie and money. Maybe the Temple Doloe Indonesian on Utrechstraat.
I smoked a mixed in the Cafe Belgique on Gravenstraat just off Dam Square, though I quietly asked if it “were permissible to smoke a mixed cigarette” first.
Or on the Leidsewarsstraat , Bojo’s or the Himalayan/Tibetan place across from it.

Last edited:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
^^ :yes:

& Abraxas :joint:

Homegrown Fantaseeds have got a new Coffeeshop aswell. Not been there but it looks posh from the outside :wink:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I've heard Tweede Kameer is supposed to look pretty classy. Never made it over there though :(

GoodbyeBlueSky

glock23 said:
I've heard Tweede Kameer is supposed to look pretty classy. Never made it over there though :(

the tweede kamer (pronounced tway-da) is a sister shop of the dampkring... it's small, kinda crowded and has the exact same menu as the dampkring...

it's close to dutch flowers, which i advise people to avoid. they have some decent pot sometimes, but the guy that runs the place is a total dickhead. i've been treated poorly there for no reason on several occasions... and i've heard total horror stories from people about getting thrown out for smoking weed that they bought somewhere else, and one guy even reported getting his ass kicked after exchanging words with the owner because he didn't buy a drink with his pot...

... oddly it seems that the 'classier' places aren't the places i generally buy pot when i'm in the 'dam... they're great for hanging out, grabbing a beer, but with places like the greenhouse and dampkring it can be hit or miss with the pot... with the exception of the dampkring's hash, which is always fabulous... they're weed is usually pretty good too, but with Greenhouse it can be real hit and miss... ask to see the stuff before you buy it there...

Abraxas is a decent place to hang out... i wouldn't go so far as to call it classy. i wouldn't buy pot there, it's generally overpriced commercial mediocrity. they're reputed to have great space brownies though.

Rokerij is great... the one out near the Leidseplein is MUCH better than the one near the Central Station.

anyway, i could go on and on and on, but half the fun is finding the great places yourself. you have some good leads now, so go find some great little place to tell us about.

peace

Last edited:
Cheers, mates. I am compiling a list for when I go back there in a couple months and all of your suggestions will be explored.

As I said, not looking for a classy place to buy smoke, just to chill out in for a change. All the places I went to before were dark & funky and that's okay, was just curious to find out if there were any classy hangouts.

Tweede Kamer was my favourite place to score smoke. Went there 3 times in 4 days because the dealers were very pleasant; the prices were good and their NYCDiesel was dynamite. But I wouldn't say their interior was classy. It was quite tiny; decent benches/booths, nothing to complain about. Often crowded but that happens easily in such a tiny place. Can't wait to go back. They are also very close to the NH City Centre Hotel (which was a clean and decent and pleasant place to stay for like 120 euros a night).

prepress420 said:
Styx on Utrechstraat is spartan with stiff wood tables but clean and well-lit and the locals double park to pop in and buy, which is a good tip...

^^^Fucken ay, Holmes! That place was small but clean and well-lit. I only scored there (Jack Herer for 6 euros a gram!) and didn't stay. The dealer was nice. The menu was electronic. But the best thing about the place was that it was directly across the street from Stacey's Pennywell Cafe. Real nice little cafe that served outstanding pastrami sandwiches---I mean TASTY, jack. Can't wait to go back.

Just a note:
Of all the smokeshops I visited on my first trip, the one I did not like was the Bush Doctor. I know it's supposed to have some excellent hash but the place looked shitty and squalid and the dealer dude gave off very BAD vibes...had a psychotic look in his eyes. He was the only one there. No other customers around. And I mean he gave off ugly/get-the-fuck-out-of-here vibes before I even said a word (thus identifying myself as American, which it seems, alot of the world hates---and I don't blame 'em). I just bought a couple bottles of soda pop and scrammed.

GoodbyeBlueSky

well Citizens Aux PD... i have two words for you... Grey Area!!!

friendly staff... and most importantly, the best damn weed in the city. i've honestly never bought better weed than the stuff i get there.

check out this website... tons of reviews and a good interface... map... etc...

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/

Latest posts

Latest posts