What's new

Texas Going Green?

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
I sure hope so.
Just yesterday this was announced on a public level:
http://1023blakefm.com/rep-david-simpson-files-bill-to-legalize-marijuana/

I wasn't going to put my story out there - but decided - to hell with it. What better time.

My father died on January 20th and less than two weeks later, my wife and I were turned into CPS for smoking cannabis. He died of several types of cancer and RSO (RSHO, to be exact) gave my father 11 pain free months at the end of his life. He did suffer with pain in the last month but was so ate up with cancer that traditional medicine was not an option. Without cannabis, no telling how sad his last year would have been.

Now (TODAY - leaving in 10 minutes), my wife and I will be leaving our house to go take a DOT urine analysis.... I know the law and know I could have claimed that we went on vacation to CO (or elsewhere), but do not believe in lying about something I have such conviction for.

Praying we pass - we've been smoke free for 2 weeks and have taken every precaution known to man. What's really fuct - is I was honest with the CPS (Child Protective Services for those who don't know) investigator and we've passed all the investigation, home inspection, etc.... and all we have left to do is be clear and free of cannabis in our system.... what a joke! Also - just so this doesn't get twisted, we're great parents and the investigator apologized PROFUSELY for having to invade our privacy. She said the she knew we were great parents and has been an investigator for 15 years. We might SPOIL our kids and LOVE them too much, but have never (not even once) neglected our babies....

Would appreciate positive vibes from everyone that this proposal passes as it hits REAL close to home for me..... we live in Texas. Any social shares on this article would be greatly appreciated, especially if you're a native Texan...

One can only hope...... fingers crossed and prayers up.... :tiphat:

Last edited:

diggdugg

I hope you passed RandomMan. As a lifelong Texan I really feel that the people here would favor that bill. The biggest hurdle I see is the DPS and county law enforcement agencies. They confiscate lots of valuble property every day that gets liquidated to cash that they get to keep. That law in itself is anti-Texan and Anti-American but they love to keep their Big Law community funded.

rolandomota

Veteran
Going legal is the best thing to do but most likely what we will get is the 100 dollar fine for up to an ounce no arrest or record. Medical might pass full medical. The cbd law will pass but dont let them get high with thc because we have morals. We hate it when others are enjoying life more. Forget all of those that can use thc. Help the kids! These politicians are so out of touch sometimes. Well lets hope we make some progress instead of the politicians simply ignoring to vote on these bills and they die.thats what they do they wash their hands by simply not putting a bill to vote because it doesnt pass initial scrutiny. In other word they avoid conflict by ignoring the proposed bills. I wish we had voter initiatives new mexico will vote in the next presidentialelections for legal weed.yet we are stuck with making phonecalls to our mostly ignorant and biased representatives with a carrer on the line Do you think they will vote fairly when they have so much to lose. This is the main reason why weed isnt legal the politicians are trying to keep their voters happy they are lots of old people who still are in reefer madness mode.The texas constitution needs some upgrading. This is very unfair to the voters.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I hope you passed RandomMan. As a lifelong Texan I really feel that the people here would favor that bill. The biggest hurdle I see is the DPS and county law enforcement agencies. They confiscate lots of valuble property every day that gets liquidated to cash that they get to keep. That law in itself is anti-Texan and Anti-American but they love to keep their Big Law community funded.

I wonder what makes you say that? I'm not a lifelong texan but I spent ALL my childhood summers in Texas on a family ranch and worked all over the state hauling for oil firms. I have a hard time seeing west texas once ÿou get out of El Paso you're entering a 1980s time warp until you hit Odessa /midland even those people can be conservative. I won't get started on east or the handle. I hope you guys do go legal though cheap land and I wouldn't have a problem living in Texas again. San Angelo would be a killer spot for a dispensary with the students and all nice area too.

floralheart

Veteran
legal weed probably brings more revenues from illegal activity. it really just encourages a larger pool of people who become offenders. More DUI's, more illegal sales, more possession violations for not adhering to a bunch of laws that will continue to change...

It's a myth that there will be less arrests once it's decriminalized. More like a logical fallacy.

Latest posts

Latest posts