What's new

Advice on Stealth & Ventilation in apt grow...

johnjoemurphy

So I recently move from a country house with no neighbours to a Duplex apt with neighbours joined on wither side and joined to the back of me.

I want to move my existing grow to this new location. Obviously I have some concerns, I need this grow to remain undected by both my neighbours and guests calling. No one knows that I grow friends included and i would like to keep it that way.

I have included a plan of my new apt and how I plan to set things up. Is there anything you would do differently or an you see any issues I might run into?

Thanks....

Attachments

• plan.jpg
    plan.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 6
  • planair.jpg
    planair.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 7

ganjourno

Sorry dude,
you're not moving enough heat or humidity out of your apt. It'll be like a jungle in your place, and you will have mold issues. No way you can achieve what you want without using AC, in that space.

I would wall mount a 1.5 ton mini-split outside your unit and run the line into your room. the Gree neo would do nicely: https://www.goductless.com/Gree-Air...BTU-18-SEER-Ductless-Mini-Split-Heat-Pump-Neo

Ditch the dual tents, get one big 3mx3m tent instead. Use bottled Co2 with a controller and reg, and get a frigidare 70 pint dehumidifier.

Mad Lab

First, what is the RH (humidity) in your area?

If you have a window and a door, i can help you make a clean quite intake and exhaust.

johnjoemurphy

First, what is the RH (humidity) in your area?

If you have a window and a door, i can help you make a clean quite intake and exhaust.
Thanks for the reply...

To answer your question the RH is between 80 -90% all year.

The apt is open plan except for the partitioned rooms where the kitchen/bathroom/grow room is and is about 265 cubic meters in size.

The only windows and doors are the front of the premise they are not attached to the grow room. Ducting cannot be run from the grow room to them without looking suspicious. Likewise no intake/outake fan can be attached to the windows.

I'm hoping that the size of the apt will be big enough to handle the 12 hours of lights on, then I can open the windows in the morning and during the day to air the place out if needs be.

I have access to the vent for the bathroom extractor and also the vent for the toilet, both are only 4" though.

Also a dehumidifier is an option.

What do you suggest?

johnjoemurphy

2 x 1.2m x 2.4m tents both with the following:

2 x 600w hps in 1m parabolic reflector,
200mm x 600mm Phreash Filter (rated @ 1200m3h)
RUCK RKW 200-L Temperature controlled Fan - (rated for 1110m3h) - the fans are over powered for the tent size so will not be running full whack.

Latest posts

Latest posts