What's new

Leonard Nimoy, everyone's favorite Vulcan passes away

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sad news from Bel Air California.

Nimoy revealed that he had been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). On Twitter, he said: "I quit smoking 30 yrs ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit now!! LLAP (Live Long and Prosper)." On February 19, 2015, Nimoy was rushed to UCLA Medical Center for severe chest pains after a call to 911. According to accounts, he had been in and out of hospitals for the "past several months."

Nimoy died on February 27, 2015 in his Bel Air home from final complications of COPD, according to his wife Susan. He was 83 years old, and is survived by Susan and his two children and six grandchildren from his first marriage.

R.I.P. Mr Spock

some tributes from celebs on Yahoo:

https://www .yahoo.com/movies/leonard-nimoys-friends-and-fans-react-online-112237217877.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

that's the entire url you can copy/paste, but you need to close the gap I added right after the www instead of linking out from here.

Last edited:

vostok

Veteran
spockv.jpg

L>L>P too late ...but thanks for you great acting ...!

my child hood would never had been the same ....transporter sound (out)

orev

another elder of the tribe passes away

r.i.p. mr spock, good luck on you'r final mission

Mr. Burgundy

R.I.P.:thank you:
I remember getting the action figures back in the late 70's, with the "teleportation room."
I am sure he is the inspiration for Yoda, but do not quote me on that..:tiphat:
Stay Classy!

Betterhaff

Veteran
Quite the accomplished career and a wonderful actor. He was definitely a big part of the intrigue of Star Trek. RIP Leonard

Scotty beamed him up one last time.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here's the official tweet from NASA:

ScreenHunter_240%20Feb.%2027%2017.59_zpswcfzpete.jpg

of course, now I'm left to wonder how many started their careers with childhood dreams inspired by Star Trek and its players.......

Latest posts

Latest posts