Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Guide for Insects and Pest Prevention

Thread Title Search
Guide for Insects and Pest Prevention Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2007, 06:51 AM #21
PureSativa420
HTC! Midwest Guerilla Grower!

PureSativa420 has a spectacular aura aboutPureSativa420 has a spectacular aura aboutPureSativa420 has a spectacular aura aboutPureSativa420 has a spectacular aura aboutPureSativa420 has a spectacular aura about
many people grow house plants with there ganja, but most of us jus dedicate whole rooms to are weed
PureSativa420 is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2007, 06:35 AM #22
tankgunner
Banned

tankgunner is on a distinguished road
Cool

[quote=BACKCOUNTRY]Protecting your plants from Deer can be a hot topic for outdoor growers, so I compiled some good info for those it may concern.

First lets see what some Deer deterrent tests have revealed about their effectivness-

Soap
Bars of soap are used sometimes with varying effectiveness, shavings are spread around the plot or bars are hung from nearby tree branches. Anyone who decides to use this method should avoid soaps with a Coconut oil base, Deer seem to be attracted to them!

I remember my very first grow I was raising some Donkey Dick and ISS in a park. Well i hung like 4 bars of Coast on some tree limbs right,well i went back the next day and something had went and ate 2 of the bars. Not all of them but like 3/4 of each of two. Now there are all kinds of critters roaming the woods. Gopher Tortoises I know didnt get them.
Uh Coons, Squirrels,Gators,Armadillos, big cats Panthers and shit. O yeah Boars also. I'm guessing it probably was the Coons Who knows.Well a few weeks later something got in those Palmetto bushes and dug them up. They were well enough along where I didnt have to visit the site much so they were dried up and lying next to the holes next time i visited.
tankgunner is offline Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 AM #23
Deft
Get two birds stoned at once

Deft is a jewel in the roughDeft is a jewel in the roughDeft is a jewel in the roughDeft is a jewel in the roughDeft is a jewel in the roughDeft is a jewel in the roughDeft is a jewel in the rough
I got some hot chem spray stuff that says it lasts a long time and makes leaves taste incredably hot, will see how well it works on deer. Got some copper tape to wrap stalks with, slugs dont like the oxide I think. Got some slug poison because they pretty much wiped me out last year.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 PM #24

Great thread here, heres a few tips for slugs,
Collect toads & let them out in your garden, they eat more slugs than anything else for the simple reason there active when the slugs are out ( at night time ) Toads are your freinds look after them. A small garden pond could get you a few hundred of these for nothing. Keep your seedbeds as clod free as possible. Slugs will crawl under clods & in the cracks of your flower bed, so try to make it hard for them, leave a fine tilth or seedbed. Clear away all your garden junk, flower pots, ceramics etc leave them no hiding place. Please take care when using slug pellets, they can contain formaldehyde, or metaldehyde, and the pellet can be made of pasta flour, so birds will eat them. there are more environmental alturnatives, but may not be as good. Place pellets under an old roof tile, plastic sack, etc so birds can not get to them. Any dead slugs you find, please pick up & put in the bin, again birds will pick them up & take to their nest, poisoning the next generation of slug predators. Deter Magpies & squirells from your garden, these eat an enormous ammount of song birds eggs, they also kill young birds. The more bird nests you have in your garden the more mouths they have to feed the less slugs you get. Thrushes eat alot of snails, look after them, they suffer more than most birds at the hands of magpies, the reason is they nest at the top of the hedge, tree, wall, There nests are the first to beseen by flying magpies, usually early in the year when there is less cover.They will reward you by singing beautifully in the evening while you tend your plants, and can eat 20 - 30 snails a day. Nest boxes. Kill every slug you see, 1 slug = 25000 slug eggs. You get the message, I dont like slugs,I like song birds.
cheers.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:37 AM #25

Just one thought on deer control, if the size of plot can justiify it an electric fence is cheap very effective & nearly invisible, insulators could be tacked to trees running two strands high. The battery could be buried beneath ground just leaving the terminals sticking out. The condenser could be painted camo. I,ll dig one out tommorow & take some pics. The wire should be sprayed with paint or aged or rusted. You can boil it in tea till it becomes brown. The wire could run 200 meters or more.
cheers.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:42 AM #26
guest123

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmaz2
Just one thought on deer control, if the size of plot can justiify it an electric fence is cheap very effective & nearly invisible, insulators could be tacked to trees running two strands high. The battery could be buried beneath ground just leaving the terminals sticking out. The condenser could be painted camo. I,ll dig one out tommorow & take some pics. The wire should be sprayed with paint or aged or rusted. You can boil it in tea till it becomes brown. The wire could run 200 meters or more.
cheers.
i use electric fences ... they are easy and work well ...

Old 06-20-2007, 08:18 PM #27
The Dancing Man
Kool-Aid Connoisseur

The Dancing Man will become famous soon enough
Wow, thanks for all the great info everyone, im currently having a little trouble with insects, i think i will prolly try some of the sprays if things get any worse.

Something else that works for slugs is to wrap copper wire around the base of your plants. Do a couple loops. Slugs wont cross over the wire, and so they cant get to your plants.

Thanks again for all the info, much appreciated.
The Dancing Man is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2007, 09:17 PM #28
Budelaire
Celestial Temple Man

Budelaire will become famous soon enoughBudelaire will become famous soon enough
This is my land - 100 acres in the forest - Ontario Canada

This place is ideal for stealth growing...

I'll be planting NL x Dutch Treat seedlings on July 2nd... Harvesting time: September 5-10th.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:28 PM #29
Organic*Shaman

Organic*Shaman is on a distinguished road
I already posted this in the infirmary forum but thought I would put it here for people looking in this forum. Hope it helps.

https://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/jar...nat.htm#argile
Organic*Shaman is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2007, 10:14 AM #30

This thread is great Always have to be on top of the pest situation because they can ruin a plant in no time.

~Se˝orSativa~