Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > preventing early spring flowering with clones

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Post Reply
preventing early spring flowering with clones Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2008, 03:50 AM #31
Fast_Pine
feelin thA heat....

Fast_Pine's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: where the red fern grows.
Posts: 625
Fast_Pine is a jewel in the roughFast_Pine is a jewel in the roughFast_Pine is a jewel in the roughFast_Pine is a jewel in the roughFast_Pine is a jewel in the roughFast_Pine is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabinofil




We are making history men !!!
How true...there isnt any info on this subject in any of the published grow books avalible, and this is the first formal thread ive seen on the topic...The topic was so important it brought me out of hiding...

I cant understand why this topic is just getting adressed now?

Guys have been planting clones outside for years now, and there hasnt been any legitimate decision on what to do..............I think we should come to some kind of consensus, a rule of thumb,,,,

Maby we can all decide on a viable option, and make that the recommended standard.

Seems many of us agree that matching the native light cycle to your mother's is the way to go.....

Maby a poll is inorder?

I personally think this thread needs to be put in the sticky section...
__________________

FP

..Grow Journals..


For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap..
Galatians 6:7

Last edited by Fast_Pine; 03-13-2008 at 03:53 AM..
Fast_Pine is offline Quote


Old 03-13-2008, 04:16 AM #32
Cannabinofil
Member

Cannabinofil's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: under the canopy ...
Posts: 127
Cannabinofil is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceman
Just wanted to get as much feedback and hints as possible. Please anyone with any suggestion fire away. I'm thinking of cutting back the inside light time to 15 or 15.5 hours. Should I wait to plant until late may to be safe?

Also I read another thread is this forum about spraying the plants with aspirin water early on in veg to prevent mold. I can't seem to find the thread though so if anyone can enlighten me to the method it would be cool. Thanks!
Just to anser your question about aspirin spraying, no it will not prevent any spores from taking(mold, likely talking of PM), but it will produce male flowers on a sensemilla plant ...
However, the pollen from those sacs applied onto an other sensemilla plant will yeild 100% female seeds ... a secret from the cannabis breeding world ...
Spraying a solution of baking soda and water is a good way to get ride of powdery mildew on affected clones and vedging plants, by bringing the PH of the leaf surface above 7, where spores die and cannot misciliate(live)...

A poll would be informative ! enough mature people on these boards to get actual ansers ... great suggestion Fast_Pine, and I agree with the stiky so others may have the opportunity to see our results and take advantage of them wheather it works in our favor or not, either way, it does
__________________
Cannabinofil is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:35 AM #33
Colt122
Member

Colt122's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central Canada
Posts: 115
Colt122 will become famous soon enough
I understand there is alot of breeders using the asprin method with good success, Ive opted for a colloidal silver generator
I dont use it more than once on a strain, and its only to preserve the genetics, better than flicking your lights off and on to produce a hermie which again I stay clear of,lol.
I find most info out there related outdoor growing, when tried in my area does not work . I prefer sativa over Indica... but do some reading and one is convinced indica will work better in my area, not true IMO but times are changing.
Fact is most seed companies dont know how the seeds will turn out for you in your area, every plant is a outdoor plant somewere. We need to nail this one down.

So we have light hours and Nutes...
we all agree they will trigger flowering
revegging and loosing weight(we can assume isnt good)
Light intensity(lumens) has no effect? Im not all there on that one yet.
What about Phosphorus in the light? outside and in, clear bulbs versus coated?
Im tossing things around here.......
__________________
One drop of ink makes a million people think!
Rich men make rules...poor men live by them

Last edited by Colt122; 03-13-2008 at 06:37 AM..
Colt122 is offline Quote


Old 03-13-2008, 04:21 PM #34
Cannabinofil
Member

Cannabinofil's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: under the canopy ...
Posts: 127
Cannabinofil is on a distinguished road
I'll be useing T5's as a light source for the clones, blue spectrum action baby!
although I must admit, I think I found a solution to keep my girls in vedge after transplant for my senario. By cheating
You see, I have a greenhouse available to me for the season but there is no power on the property. However I remembered that with a truk battery + an inverter and a wall plug(outlet), I can keep the photo period, like "Butte", with them incadecent swirly light bulbs, even get my sulfer burner going(yey) ... yep, I'm gonna have to do it this way men ... although i'll still do a tray's worth of clones at 15/9 as well so I dont let you guys down ...

BTW I'll be doing the old flipidy flop method and try to harvest twice in the same beds ... --> plant root trained clones mid May, vedge for 3 weeks then "flipidy" every 12hrs, harvest 1st week of August, transplant root trained clones again then, without the flipidy flopin', harvest 2nd crop(in the same beds) mid October ... 2 full crops(of indoor genetiks btw) in the same beds, sea of green style all the way ...
__________________
Cannabinofil is offline Quote


Old 03-13-2008, 05:14 PM #35
kmk420kali
Freedom Fighter

kmk420kali's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,856
kmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabinofil
I'll be useing T5's as a light source for the clones, blue spectrum action baby!
although I must admit, I think I found a solution to keep my girls in vedge after transplant for my senario. By cheating
You see, I have a greenhouse available to me for the season but there is no power on the property. However I remembered that with a truk battery + an inverter and a wall plug(outlet), I can keep the photo period, like "Butte", with them incadecent swirly light bulbs, even get my sulfer burner going(yey) ... yep, I'm gonna have to do it this way men ... although i'll still do a tray's worth of clones at 15/9 as well so I dont let you guys down ...

BTW I'll be doing the old flipidy flop method and try to harvest twice in the same beds ... --> plant root trained clones mid May, vedge for 3 weeks then "flipidy" every 12hrs, harvest 1st week of August, transplant root trained clones again then, without the flipidy flopin', harvest 2nd crop(in the same beds) mid October ... 2 full crops(of indoor genetiks btw) in the same beds, sea of green style all the way ...
That is kind of like what we did last year-- Took clones Jan 1st, vegged indoors...put them outside April 1st...they started flowering within 2 weeks....harvest in july (ish)...same day, stick the next batch out for another crop in late Oct--
__________________
With Red-Eyed Respect--Jim



My GH at the pad-- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post4996785
kmk420kali is offline Quote


Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 AM #36
Cannabinofil
Member

Cannabinofil's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: under the canopy ...
Posts: 127
Cannabinofil is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmk420kali
That is kind of like what we did last year-- Took clones Jan 1st, vegged indoors...put them outside April 1st...they started flowering within 2 weeks....harvest in july (ish)...same day, stick the next batch out for another crop in late Oct--

aaaaaahhhhh ... to live on that latitude must be bliss
__________________
Cannabinofil is offline Quote


Old 03-14-2008, 02:56 PM #37
Guest
Guest

Posts: n/a
This is a good discussion and timely. My activity begins very soon.

Fast Pine, I couldnt agreee more with your conclusion that the earlier flowerers are more touchy and consistency becomes more important. I really only grow indica's so I don't know how sativa's behave, but photo period sensitve plants are Photo period sensitive during cloning as well in my view. I can tell youve been studying this for a while.

Cannabinofil, thats a good rate on the clones, youll have to post up your contraption.

It's my view that often, growers create difficulties for themselves by starting plants far too early indoors. Its often used to get larger plants but the better approach there would be to get a strain the grows larger or plant more plants, but trying to veg plants indoors for months before planting them outdoors is difficult for even the most seasoned grower growing a strain they know well. There are only 2 legitimate reasons to start so early in my opinion. 1. To get mothers for your clones. 2. To pregrow plants that you intend to flower as soon as they hit the door.

I also believe the clones to be more sensitive comming from a mother that is older. I have a buddy that has had a mother for 4 years and the clones will flower at the drop of a hat..

Last edited by silverback; 03-14-2008 at 02:58 PM..
Quote


Old 03-14-2008, 04:04 PM #38
Vol Funk
Member

Vol Funk's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 195
Vol Funk is on a distinguished road
growing from seeds doesn't matter?
Vol Funk is offline Quote


Old 03-15-2008, 01:43 AM #39
Cannabinofil
Member

Cannabinofil's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: under the canopy ...
Posts: 127
Cannabinofil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback
This is a good discussion and timely. My activity begins very soon.

Fast Pine, I couldnt agreee more with your conclusion that the earlier flowerers are more touchy and consistency becomes more important. I really only grow indica's so I don't know how sativa's behave, but photo period sensitve plants are Photo period sensitive during cloning as well in my view. I can tell youve been studying this for a while.

Cannabinofil, thats a good rate on the clones, youll have to post up your contraption.

It's my view that often, growers create difficulties for themselves by starting plants far too early indoors. Its often used to get larger plants but the better approach there would be to get a strain the grows larger or plant more plants, but trying to veg plants indoors for months before planting them outdoors is difficult for even the most seasoned grower growing a strain they know well. There are only 2 legitimate reasons to start so early in my opinion. 1. To get mothers for your clones. 2. To pregrow plants that you intend to flower as soon as they hit the door.

I also believe the clones to be more sensitive comming from a mother that is older. I have a buddy that has had a mother for 4 years and the clones will flower at the drop of a hat..

the box oi just a sheet of plywood cut to put together, 4' wide 3'high 2'deep, aproximatly(I'm to tired to look for the tape measurer) , 2x2's at the inside corners to put things together n' for strenth ... put a pair of hinges and voila! open/close ... to easy

I've often notice that an indoor genetik will retain it's propertys(or strengthen them) while grown in umptimum indoor environments, there explaining the "drop of the hat" effect at the 12/12 trigger(especialy indica strong hybrids) ... your anologie of the "eagger gardner" may be correct as well ... especially as a "roaming condition"(we all get it sometimes(comes'n goes)) within us all lol ...
__________________

Last edited by Cannabinofil; 03-15-2008 at 02:02 AM..
Cannabinofil is offline Quote


Old 03-17-2008, 12:14 PM #40
ganjajudge
New Member

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
ganjajudge is on a distinguished road
Hi, I am about to start my seeds indoors to prepare them for outdoors in new england and this thread intrigued me. I would like to possibly try both diff. light cycles on 2 diff. batches of plants with the intentions of getting a smaller, quicker harvest at the end of june and a larger, longer harvest at the beginning of oct.... so what i would do is 4 weeks under 24/0 then transplant half outside, then gradually switch to 16/8 during the next week or two then put those plants outside... first batch would start flowering and be done 60 days later at the end of june and the second batch wouldnt flower until aug........................... .............................. .............................. ......................im not sure tho. do you guys think this would work? will it only preflower for a month and reveg when it hits 15 hours of light at the end of may? is this unanswerable because its strain dependent? if so, what strains will continue blooming and finish under 14.5-16.5 hours of light?
ganjajudge is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:15 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.