Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Mass Grass 2018

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Mass Grass 2018 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2018, 10:23 PM #41
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Thang View Post
Oh, to live where one can plant at at home, right in the garden, with no hassles. Hope I live to see that day in this neck of the woods.

Sure am tired of wading through swamp and mud, getting bitten by nasty bugs, and sneaking about like a criminal, just to raise some plants for my own personal use. This picture put me in a melancholy mood. The law is indeed an ass.
@zeez is throwin down this year Beautiful plants and lovely genes
OG_NoMan is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:05 PM #42
Zeez
Try to Make It Real Compared to What

Zeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks.

The small white pots are getting transferred to 10 gallon pots like the round one on the back row right side. Ten gallons is about a bag of potting soil. Hopefully those will be big enough for the season. The others are 5 and 7 gallon square pots. I've been growing indoors and new to outdoor. Last year was the first try outdoors and I got wiped out by mold in September.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2018, 01:52 AM #43
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeez View Post
Thanks.

The small white pots are getting transferred to 10 gallon pots like the round one on the back row right side. Ten gallons is about a bag of potting soil. Hopefully those will be big enough for the season. The others are 5 and 7 gallon square pots. I've been growing indoors and new to outdoor. Last year was the first try outdoors and I got wiped out by mold in September.
You have decent sized plants, and about now through august they will explode with growth. You might want to consider bigger containers, 10 gallon will rootbound faster, need more juice, dry out faster and overall be harder on your roots especially in the heat. If you do go 10 gallon maybe bury the pots it would be much better for your roots.
'Boogieman' is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2018, 02:01 AM #44
Zeez

Zeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond reputeZeez has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boogieman' View Post
You have decent sized plants, and about now through august they will explode with growth. You might want to consider bigger containers, 10 gallon will rootbound faster, need more juice, dry out faster and overall be harder on your roots especially in the heat. If you do go 10 gallon maybe bury the pots it would be much better for your roots.

Thanks Boogieman, How big are you thinking 15, 20? Will root bound require cause damage or just require more supplements & maintenance. I could put them in the ground there but the topsoil isn't very deep. The Coast of Maine soil used really made them go.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2018, 02:41 AM #45
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice'Boogieman' is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeez View Post
Thanks Boogieman, How big are you thinking 15, 20? Will root bound require cause damage or just require more supplements & maintenance. I could put them in the ground there but the topsoil isn't very deep. The Coast of Maine soil used really made them go.
15-20 gallon should be good, I honestly believe 10's would work too but in my experience big plants in smaller pots are not as healthy. Lower leaves yellow off faster, and pluck off too easily, the stretch doesn't fill out like it should, more feeding which doesn't always help. This is less of an issue in air pots except the more feeding/watering aspect.
'Boogieman' is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:37 PM #46
Zeez

Appreciate it.

I'm going for 12 legal trees.

Just ordered up some of these, 17 gallons.
$5 at HD blue ones. Homz 17 Gal. Rope Handle Tub black at the online monster.

Last edited by Zeez; 07-01-2018 at 04:46 PM..
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 07-02-2018, 05:23 PM #47
OG_NoMan

OG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to allOG_NoMan is a name known to all
Got the mulch down and the girls seem very happy. Still have to start tying branches where I want them but will get that done this week. Hoping for some afternoon thunderstorms tomorrow because I prefer not to water with my shitty tap water. Also gotta spray some thuricide this week, damn gypsy moths aren't getting me this year!

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:09 PM #48
Zeez

I can already see the growth from your last pic. They're growing fast!

Looking good.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 07-02-2018, 06:20 PM #49
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
OG Man what kind of mulch is that?
Green Squall is offline Quote

Old 07-02-2018, 06:45 PM #50
OG_NoMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
OG Man what kind of mulch is that?
Its some kind of heat treated hay/mulch. Got it at my local nursery, used it last year and liked it alot. By the end of the season its almost broken down and by spring it was pretty much non existent. I usually spray the mulch with whatever I am spraying the plants with neem/thuricide

4 members found this post helpful.