What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Glue x Chuy

PDX Dopesmoker

A friend of mine made this cross. Chuy is a cross of his special Purple Trainwreck clone that he bred himself in 2005 with TGA's JesusOG as the father. GG4 x Chuy started making flowers about August 15-20 or so at about 45.5ºN.

In between Aug 9 & Sept 10 she got a russet mite infestation that was fixed with pretty severe strategic defoliation and heavy coating of diatomaceous earth
UUcpula.jpg

Sept 3
ANAT1k9.jpg

Sept 6
71LfU4T.jpg

Sept 12
WKTYyO1.jpg

Sept 16
GbTuRge.jpg

Its getting 4 days of rain on it now so I guess we'll see how it does against rot & mold too. Nice smelling flower, very sweet so far.

PDX Dopesmoker

No sign of any sort of disease so far anywhere on the plant after 4 days rain and temps in the high 40s to low 60s range. The rain ended 3 days ago. GG4 showed really good outdoor mold & rot resistance last year, it seems like an all around extremely robust plant. Grew fast in veg too, but didn't finish early enough outdoor for our climate. Chuy was bred to be harvest ready before the bad weather typically sets in locally and this year's Chuy plants are already hanging. The idea with this cross was to get something like Original Glue that would work a little better in our climate and in this one test it seems to have worked out. A couple of the lower buds on this plant are making seeds with the male child of the loudest shit I ever grew.

gkpbGeK.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

This is what she looked like right before I brought her inside yesterday. The Original Glue odor started taking over the last three days. Great plant: mold free, budrot free, tremendous bud to leaf ratio, trichs aplenty, September harvest and it fought off a russet mite infestation as well. All this growing in potbound conditions with no added nutrients.
nKuFshk.jpg

This is what last year's outdoor Original GG4 looks like on Sept 21. Last year was a rougher flower season though, but we got the idea that OGG4 was a bit of a late harvest for outdoor locally.
mxDif7d.jpg

This is what a cohort's O-Glue looked like yesterday
21980868_514842988907850_7407941536098287616_n.jpg

The cross with the Chuy male was made because we were hoping to make something like OG#4 which harvested before October starts & it seems like it worked out pretty good. Budshots and smoke report to come

PDX Dopesmoker

I got it at the nursery where I buy my tomato plants, it comes in this container thats kind of like a talcum powder container where you can just open the top and dust it one so thats what I did. I don't think there is anything special about it, but I didn't ask. I might still have the container

PDX Dopesmoker

The scissor hash has a really strong Original Glue type flavor in the coffee direction. As a matter of fact I'd buy the fuck out of coffee beans that taste like this hash smoke. The effect is a megabrainwrecking straight up 100% THC powered assault that can quickly strip reality from the grasp of even the most hardened pothead, good stuff for sure.

PDX Dopesmoker

Now that I'm smoking the cured stuff I can tell it was harvested a bit early, but its strong enough and has a nice flavor thats kind of like a lime GG4 combo. Even not fully grown out the buds are pretty dense, dank, sticky and sparkly. Would probably be a real ass kicker of an outdoor plant south of about 42º or so

Latest posts

Latest posts