What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Dubble

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
On paper they have more than 50% sour dubb genes in the F1.
Was hoping to find dubb esque tasting plants easily and with more vigor.
Be interesting to see how they do. From my sour bubble experiences I would look for some restored vigor hopefully. This could be an interesting line to pick a male from to do a dubb back cross if anyone was so inclined. I thought about it but gave up the dubb cut when I found my dubb s2. The dubb tasted amazing to me but was kind of harsher smoke, my s2 is a smooth cool lime that is easy on the lungs with great distinctive clingy taste.

Whatever comes of em they should be good on the nose and palate ha!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going back to Sour Dubb, I'm curious if the plants will look similar, to the 50/50 plants in the F1 GG#4 x Sour Bubble line. I don't see it increasing resin content - as that is pretty much maxed out already...lol. Compliment not an insult! I'm curious to see the impact it has on %'s. More interested to see what terps are expressed - if this does in fact give a more sour infusion, like you are hoping. I mean, that's what I'd hope for. Sour Dubb just taste amazing.

I think what is most interesting to me in thinking about it, would be hunting a Diesel leaning pheno in the F2 of this line. There should be, in theory, a great plant that has the vigor and branching of Glue, that stacks tighter flowers like Sour Bubble, but grows large bubbly calyx like a diesel. An 11wk plant maybe? Limey sour with that faint chocolate note in the background. We can dream right??! :woohoo: :joint:

dank.Frank

west-eu

Going back to Sour Dubb, I'm curious if the plants will look similar, to the 50/50 plants in the F1 GG#4 x Sour Bubble line. I don't see it increasing resin content - as that is pretty much maxed out already...lol. Compliment not an insult! I'm curious to see the impact it has on %'s. More interested to see what terps are expressed - if this does in fact give a more sour infusion, like you are hoping. I mean, that's what I'd hope for. Sour Dubb just taste amazing.

I think what is most interesting to me in thinking about it, would be hunting a Diesel leaning pheno in the F2 of this line. There should be, in theory, a great plant that has the vigor and branching of Glue, that stacks tighter flowers like Sour Bubble, but grows large bubbly calyx like a diesel. An 11wk plant maybe? Limey sour with that faint chocolate note in the background. We can dream right??! :woohoo: :joint:

dank.Frank

sounds all good dank frank
i plan to do some f2.... and see what i'll find.
and might dust some on this little sour d
picture.php

and maybe on my guerreroberry she has a fresh lime, pineapple flavor and very positive effect
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
4/10 are above ground but still have the 90 degree bend, but that isn't keeping on from working on its first set though.
i'm always so nervous when sprouting seeds. blue vixen taken early doesn't help, either.

t99

Veteran
I think you're right Tg, and thanks for the input d.f! Mine all have roots at the bottom of the pots, and are growing strong! I'll get some pics up tomorrow.
I grabbed these because it was a great cross and I've been following the work you (and Dans) have been doing since before you started on the Gorilla lines, and I hadn't seen any grows of this until west-eu started this thread on the same day that I'd just ordered!
Wanted to run your lines, because you've been documenting for a few years with real plans and goals, not just some random chucks. I think more and more people are starting to notice too

Good luck antheis! Can't wait to see what we all get! Then on to the ruby red gorilla!

antheis

Veteran
I agree, t99. tony and dans are very open with their work
after reading the 5k+ posts for GB and 1k+ on the sour dubble I don't think I could resist getting this cross.
and it would be foolish not to f2 these. especially after Frank's description.

t99

Veteran
Growing strong! Think there established well enough I can start bumping up the feed a little.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

antheis

Veteran
all mine are above dirt. found a video for making envelopes for seeds, but I'm making them smaller and plan on storing pollen in them. have about 20 now.

[youtubeif]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FqREfpeRj0M[/youtubeif]

I find using 7 sqcm makes the perfect size. and you get 9 or 12 from. one sheet.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those squat ones should be your dubb leaners. Taller ones looking lanky like the daddy.

west-eu

that wasn't plan....got 5 females out of the 5 seeds,
2 gb pheno and 3 dubb :biggrin:

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
well I managed to kill 5 gdubbs and all my freebies that I was growing by putting them in starter mix that was too hot.
still have 5 going but I'm going to get more.

antheis

Veteran
yeah I was really bummed when I realized what I had done especially since I wanted more than 5 gdubbs to select from. one of the sssdh crosses survived.

west-eu

well I managed to kill 5 gdubbs and all my freebies that I was growing by putting them in starter mix that was too hot.
still have 5 going but I'm going to get more.

oh man... i hate when bad things happen..good luck with the other 5

A.C.A.B

Hey bro'

Drooling with expectation over here !

Good luck with those fine ladies, and bummer you couldn't find a male for a little pollen chuck ! I had 23/26 males on my last seed popping, I guess you got the females I didn't ^^

Vibes ;)

t99

Veteran
Sorry to hear it, antheis, good luck with the rest. I've had good luck starting mine in coco lately, I know some people don't like it, but I find I have more control of ec, and I grow in coco anyway.
I just up potted mine to 2 gallon (7.5 L?), they were getting a little root bound and harder to keep up with.
I have a busy weekend, but I'll try to get some pics next time I see them.

Latest posts

Latest posts