What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freedom 35

labtec

try popping the seeds directly in soil once and see if you like it better. I have gotten great results doing so after tom hill was encouraging it. less handling with seedlings is always a good thing.

oh and if you think the phresh filter is heavy try hanging a can filter in there. I was shocked when i got my phresh filter, i thought this isn't right... way too light, maybe they forgot to add all the carbon in there?
been working fine so i guess whatever they did to make it lighter worked.

Good call yourcorpse. I just put some seeds into water and waited until they cracked(less than 24 hours), then just plopped them in soil without thinking about which way was up. They know.

I agree, Can filters are huge.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
how was the bologna sandwiches???...ehhh crazy sound ...maybe you like tuna n artichoke sandwiches??? its a speciality for breakfast buddy..
garden look almost ready for chop ya down....umhhh chunky nuggs waiting the scissor
Cant wait...ait..it..t..

ps: about popped seed direct in the soil..i try a couple time do like this and i need to say yes they work nice ..in my case, so maybe work well also for you buddy, just try!!
better you choice the right first pot like no small and no big , maybe 1lt is good ..the root can grow nice and you get no prob for transplant..just my few cent..you no

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thanks guys - lab hes talking about skipping the soak and just putting them dry into wet soil. i think i damaged the seeds by using tweezers to handle them after they cracked cause im a zoomtard. its worked fine for me in the past. im gonna wait another few days and pop my (superskunk x laughing buddha)x blueberry from pistil pete.

Khaleel

Veteran
:woohoo:

nice work brotha!!!!!!!!!!!! lookin great man, excellent run/harvest i'm very happy for you :wave:

do i see that you are having trouble getting beans to pop? can always try a little stratification and/or scarification (former means submitting seeds to cold temps as if they went through winter, some need this for reelz--put them in your frigerator for a few days--the latter means physically nicking the surface of the seed to let water in more easily, e.g. the old matchbox and sandpaper method)... idk once i started using the Sunleaves Float and Grow (cloner) for popping beans i never had too many issues.. might want to try it. seems to be so many witch doctor remedies lol for popping beans i love it :D

anyway nice work bro i'll rep ya again once i can!!

Khaleel

Veteran
thanks guys - lab hes talking about skipping the soak and just putting them dry into wet soil. i think i damaged the seeds by using tweezers to handle them after they cracked cause im a zoomtard. its worked fine for me in the past. im gonna wait another few days and pop my (superskunk x laughing buddha)x blueberry from pistil pete.

almost forgot, before doing too much work with the seeds you should maybe do a general check for viability to see if the buggers are even alive... drop them in a glass water and swirl it around a bit. the seeds that sink to the bottom are viable (good to go). the ones that float have an air pocket where the embryo used to be, meaning they are dead and won't pop no matter how much fancy shit you do to them. this knowledge was brought to you by some pretty serious horticulture college textbooks lmao gl pimp, i just found a grip of seeds tucked away in my drawer lol so im about to get some new phenos (strains?) poppin soon :D

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
lol hey K always good to see you back in these parts. the reason im irritated is because i soaked all the seeds and 9 of the bogs cracked and showed tails. so thats def. something i did wrong i think. all 9 or at least 8 should have came up. ive been eyeing your float and grow for a couple months now but i think im gonna have a friend make me a diy aero cloner. his work great. anyway, processed some old trim i had laying around this afternoon instead of chopping like i should have. decided to wait till lights on in the other room to start cause im gonna hang them in a closet in there.

hash anyone?

picture.php

picture.php

its green because half of it was dry and half was frozen. i know better, but this is all being sold to a friend. i dont really care much for regular hash anymore. i didnt even separate this for him, as hes old school and could care less. its everything between 25 and 150 microns. ( meaning i only used the 200, the 150 and the 25, and will give the 150 away)

ps. i have no idea why i put it in the frying pan. its drying out under the hood fan on the stove. i added the spatula for the photo.

K

Krshna

nice hash, id smoke it! although i would have foiled the whole stove, but thats just me...

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i hate trimming. i dunno about you guys but it seems like it takes me forever to trim. now granted i guess i slack off, i keep movies going and coffee on, but shit. im talkin it takes me like ten plus hours to do a pound. i think. close anyway. how long does it take you guys?

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you are not alone mate :D trimming is a PITA for sure, unfortunately I can't afford any trimmers therefore I do it myself aaargh...
it depends mate, for the small groom I need about 4 to 6 hours..for the big one, about 2-3 days loool

:joint:

LokiLoki

i hate trimming. i dunno about you guys but it seems like it takes me forever to trim. now granted i guess i slack off, i keep movies going and coffee on, but shit. im talkin it takes me like ten plus hours to do a pound. i think. close anyway. how long does it take you guys?

I feel you man, trimming is a bitch!

For some reason i get so damn stressed while doing it!:greenstars:

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
I hear ya !

I hear ya !

I fuck'n hate harvest'n, I like plant'n the things,
and water'n em, looking after em, talk'n too em,
I don't fuck'n like harvest'n...Ricky, "you like smoke'n em though don't ya"
I do like smoke'n em

:laughing:

Khaleel

Veteran
harvesting feels like skipping school to me. like being mid-stroke in the farmers/preacher's daughter and smiling my ass off. like a cop walking away after giving you a speeding ticket, when you have pounds in your car. like running for 12 twelve hours straight then drinking the perfect guiness while getting a $5,000 blow job, from two girls.

:D lol but it is work too, for sure. how are you going about the task? i pick a spot on the bud then work all the way around it, like you are painting a house. throw in a pack of smokes and some salami and i'll come help :smoke:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
yeah. what i do is chop a girl out of the pot, take it downstairs to the livingroom, pop all the fan leaves off and lay it out on a tarp. then i chop of good sized sections, tree shaped parts, yknow, based around a good looking top, start from the bottom and work up. i pick one branch and work bottom to top, while rolling the stem around in my fingers and chopping the same area on the side of the bud. man it stresses me out like all hell though. i get emotional sometimes cause i start worrying about shit, grow stuff, money stuff, then personal stuff. its like every chop i think, shit this isnt gonna be enough, im gonna be tight on the bills and stuff. then i think, shit its not gonna cure out good, its gonna smell funny, ect. then its all fine and good. and then i do it again. lol. i love growing, but i let it stress me alot.

K dont tempt me it would be worth a plane ticket easily to have some help. could switch from coffee to beer easily.

its taken me way too long this time, ive still got about a dozen girls to do and they are wilty now, ugh.
anyway guys, thanks for weighing in, back to the grindstone.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thanks for stopping over bobble. ive been meaning to check up on your swanky custom bobblepods. nice that term was right there in your sig. lol. soon. anyway. ive been thinking alot about giving back. my parents are very religious, and have always tithed their ten percent. ive had every intention of giving back to my fellow humans, and i keep telling myself.... as soon as i get ahead. meaning, as soon as i have some money that is actually going to stay in my bank account. but yknow, theres no time like the present. im going to start a thread about this somewhere around here, just to see what my fellow growers thoughts are on this and if anyone practices it. i would love to hear about some guys taking any amount of their harvest and giving it back to the people around them, be it through a charity, religious organization, or handing it out on the street. any suggestions on where this thread would belong or if there is one similar already would be nice. anyone that would want to share such info here before that happens would be great. ive been thinking about this since i started growing, but aloooot tonight because i watched the documentary "the cove" while trimming tonight. i cried. yup. well, a little. like i said, the chop makes me emo. go check it out. its about the secret slaughter of dolphins in a small town in japan. anyway, im about to call it a night my fellows. peace and love to you all. oh yeah.......

picture.php

picture.php

winning!

bobblehead

Veteran
beautiful plant nameless...

So you're a philanthropic grower huh? Here's my suggestion if you want to give back to the community: Make seeds. If you have a nice mom, the next time you're growing out some seeds... Keep an eye out for a nice male. Take a clone from that male, and flower it as soon as it's rooted. That'll give you plenty of pollen... Then donate said beans to the server fund or for freebies.

I don't recommend you hand out finished product... I'm sure you smoke your friends out enough that it won't be necessary. People are quick to abuse meds, prescription or not. It would be better to take some of your proceeds from selling and donate them to your charity of choice. If you don't sell.and grow for personal use, then go back to the previous idea.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
yeah i was mostly referring to moneys. i give away a small amount of product and have some pretty nice discounts for the two very sick people i provide for, but most of it is turned into currency, and thats what i dream of donating. you do have a great point about seeds. i plan on making alot of seeds with the packs i recently purchased, and of course would be giving them out to some friends on here and sending some in for freebies and or server fund. if i find some good moms that is. im sure i will. im thinking the deep chunk x bogbubble and or c99 f2s will make for some tasty treats. im sure some wonderful things lie within the sd ibls too, maybe a nice male for my cheese girl pictured above...