Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Bugs on buds

Thread Title Search
Bugs on buds Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2018, 01:13 AM #111
Patmando22

Patmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to behold
Its hard sometimes. I use my phone and sometimes put my hand close to the bug and focus on my hand then the bug. But I go through alot of pictures of one bug until I get a good one. Alot of times I will take 20 or 30 shot just to delete all but one.
Patmando22 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:35 PM #112
neongreen

neongreen is just really niceneongreen is just really niceneongreen is just really niceneongreen is just really niceneongreen is just really niceneongreen is just really niceneongreen is just really niceneongreen is just really niceneongreen is just really niceneongreen is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
View ImageView Image
What are you guys doing to get such awesome in focus pictures of bugs? My crappy camera wouldn't even focus on this gold one, I think cause it was so shiny. I had to focus on the leaf next to it.
Being shiny shouldn't make a difference. It could be that your camera can not focus very close - check your specs. Some cameras have a macro mode which you should use.

I don't use point & shoot/consumer cameras any more, but when I had one, it had a manual focus mode which I would use for macro shots. I would just set it to it's min. focus distance and shoot once my subject looked in focus.

Auto focus has never been much use with small subjects. It tends to hunt around and then focus on the background rather than the subject, especially if the subject is only a small part of the whole image. Better to focus manually and place the focus exactly where you want it.

For the extreme close up shots I use a DSLR with a specialized 65mm lens which only focuses at distances which correspond with 0-5x magnification, on a tripod. It's completely manual focus, so I have to move/nudge the tripod to focus.

It could also be that your camera has the ability to focus close, and your subject is in focus, but the subject (or you/the camera) is moving or vibrating, making it look out of focus.

The slightest wind, touching the plant which your subject is on, or even breathing too hard can result in the above. The closer you get, and the more the magnification, the more this becomes an issue.

Bad lighting will exacerbate the problem because you'll need a longer exposure, and long exposures are more prone to camera shake and subject movement. If anything moves during your exposure then it will look blurry/fuzzy, similar (although only superficially so) to how it would look if out of focus.

It's probably not the issue you are having, but you could take a few test shots with the camera steadied against a solid surface in good (bright) light to see how close it will focus.

neongreen is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:26 PM #113
Vesnican

Vesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the rough
Vesnican has completed 3 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
autumn Ladybug

Vesnican is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:06 AM #114
Patmando22

Patmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to behold
Now that's what I'm talking about that's a great shot vesnican! I love ladybugs!

Old 09-29-2018, 01:09 PM #115
Vesnican

Vesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the roughVesnican is a jewel in the rough
Vesnican has completed 3 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmando22 View Post
Now that's what I'm talking about that's a great shot vesnican! I love ladybugs!
Patmando, you should see me when I spotted that ladybug on my plant! Sprint for camera bag, super fast unpacking and quick shooting before she flies away.

Thank you for this thread, I love to contribute
Vesnican is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 02:19 PM #116
buzzmobile

buzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of lightbuzzmobile is a glorious beacon of light
It's not a bug but I discovered this guy the other morning in the basement.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9241561.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	471416 Click image for larger version

Name:	P9241560.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	471417
buzzmobile is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 03:23 PM #117
metsäkana

metsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud of
im pretty sure its not bug but there is not thread for cancers on stems so here is one Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3184.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	471421tell me what it is lol
metsäkana is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 05:06 PM #118
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Thats a plant-clitoris... now when found it you need to play with a thing.. ;D LOL
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 06:02 PM #119
metsäkana

metsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud of
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3622.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	471434
metsäkana is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2018, 08:20 PM #120
Patmando22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesnican View Post
Patmando, you should see me when I spotted that ladybug on my plant! Sprint for camera bag, super fast unpacking and quick shooting before she flies away.

Thank you for this thread, I love to contribute
Your contributions are always welcome and appreciated vary nice shoots.