Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > preventing early spring flowering with clones

Thread Title Search
preventing early spring flowering with clones Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2017, 08:57 PM #281
Deezl

Deezl is on a distinguished road
So, I need to keep some outdoor plants vegging until (at least) August 20th.

I have neighbors, not too close, but close enough that I can't just hang bright lights.

They aren't under any kind of frame, so I can't cover it (to keep light from shining out).

So I'm trying to figure out the minimum time and light that I can give them.

Questions (thanks in advance):

1.Do the plants care if the light is coming from above or below the plants

2. Do the plants care what part of the plans get the light, or is it ok if only the lower branches get light

3. Are incandescent a that much better or are LEDs ok?

4. What is the minimum time that the lights can come on and still interrupt the photo period?

Basically my idea is to wrap LED strips or strings of bulbs around the bottoms of the plants and turn them on for a bit in the middle of the night. Or maybe in the morning or evening instead, whichever ends up looking least noticeable.
Deezl is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2017, 10:20 PM #282
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is just really niceCrushnYuba is just really niceCrushnYuba is just really niceCrushnYuba is just really niceCrushnYuba is just really niceCrushnYuba is just really niceCrushnYuba is just really niceCrushnYuba is just really nice
I would use a couple led light bulbs. Regular bulbs. You can get one with a reflector on the bulb itself. Par20 7w leds have reflectors built in and are about 2.50$ on Amazon. This way you can direct the light somewhat down so you aren't blasting light outwards. Also they sell those clamp lights with reflectors At Any hardware store. and you can put any bulb in it. You want the top of the plant getting light. Individual branches can flower. The lowers are not as important as tops though. Put lights on a pole above plants casting down and out.
2 hours in the middle of the night is good. Right in the middle of dark cycle. Midnight to 2am.
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

Old 06-28-2017, 08:26 PM #283
Deezl

Deezl is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the advice
Deezl is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2017, 09:07 AM #284
two-cousins

two-cousins will become famous soon enough
If you look at the almanac you will see day light peaks at around 15 hours and not even that 14:49. To minimise what I call trigger shock. Yes you need to veg with 15 to 16 light cycles. So whenever you transition outside the light cycles indoor and out will match. What I've learned is most strains will trigger with a very small differece in light cycles.
two-cousins is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.