What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jacks 321 and Hydrobuddy

ButterflyEffect

I'm confused as to how to calculate the elemental breakdown of my formula.

I'm using 1G concentrates. 300G each. I mix one set in advance of the set I'm using. I mix up 2-3 5G buckets a day. One of my current ratios is Jacks @ 375ppm CalNit @ 280ppm. About 1.3EC with a slightly higher ratio of CN to Jacks, about .74 instead of .67.

My brainfart concerns trying to understand the numbers. When I plug it all into Hydrobuddy(150-52-216-116-63 is what I put in for targets to more or less match Jacks) I get 469 Jacks and 220 CN, a ratio of .47. Works out to be 3.78G of Jacks and 2.4 of CN, which is a .63 ratio. What am I not getting??

I mix by ppms and it seems to work well. I'm just trying to understand how this all works so I can start balancing my Ca and provide the correct amount of MKP.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Here are my settings in Hydrobuddy:

picture.php

(It already converted P2O5 to P and K2O to K)

Here is the breakdown by ppm

picture.php

ButterflyEffect

You know what BF? It was me being bad at math. I've been reverse engineering my menus and I had my factors wrong and also I didn't account for S. I'm pretty spot on now, thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts