What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's examine my regimen!

ButterflyEffect

So, I'm looking to dial in my regimen as I know that it's just not where it should. To me, it looks like my N#s are way too high in flower. I've started to play with Hydrobuddy and I'm getting some ideas of what I might want to do. I just need some confirmation that I'm headed in the right direction.

Here's what I run and the ingredients I have on hand...

Jacks 5-12-26
Jacks CalNit
MgSO4 Hepta
MKP
Biomin Liquid Calcium
GrowMore CalMag
Gypsum

Hopefully, I did my math correctly below. Here is how I run things currently...

Veg:

Jacks Hydro @ 360ppm
CalNit @ 265ppm
Biomin Ca @ 60ppm

1.25EC -- 180-49-204-192-60 -- 1-.6-1.4-1.1-.3

Transition/Stretch:

Jacks Hydro @450ppm
CalNit @ 300ppm
Biomin Ca @ 60ppm

1.6EC -- 208-62-255-211-75 -- 1-.7-1.5-1-.4

Mid-Flower:

Jacks Hydro @400ppm
CalNit @ 250ppm
Biomin Ca @ 60ppm
2.5Gr MKP @ 70ppm

1.55EC -- 179-77-254-184-66 -- 1-1-1.7

Ripen:

Jacks Hydro @340ppm
CalNit @ 170ppm
Biomin Ca @ 30ppm

1.1EC -- 129-47-192-111-56 -- 1-.8-1.8-.9-.4

Some more details.

I don't have the gypsum yet, so it's obviously not in the mix. I do a foliar rotation with Growmore Calmag, Rhizotonic, and sometimes Agsil.

I'm in 2G hempy pots with a 4:1 perlite/vermi. Hand watered. Flower is vertical with donuts under stacked 315s.

I'm leaning heavily toward mixing my own salts when I run the Jacks Hydro out but since I bought it recently, I'd like to at least use it up.

Thanks for reading!

ButterflyEffect

Thanks BF.

I thought they looked decent from where I stand. They're big and hungry by the time they go to the CMH from the T5. Definitely not having the issues I was having last cycle with the Ca defs and stretching which is good. Of course now it's that Mg looking issue that I mentioned. Maybe too much something locking out that Mg?

Still getting some leaf spotting in my day 30 room. Stacking nicely. Been doing the Growmore calmag on everything a lot more now.

How often should I foliar with the GM calmag? Daily? Does it have enough Mg to satisfy their needs or should I alternate an Epsom foliar? Just to keep in mind, I also recently dropped Mg in my feed, since Jacks has 6% already. Maybe I do indeed need the epsom in the recipe? Maybe cut it out in flower only.

BillFarthing

Veteran
I only use Growmore cal-mag in transition, but if they are hungry in veg, it couldn't hurt. It is a 2:1 calcium to magnesium, so it might be what they are looking for.

ButterflyEffect

I only use Growmore cal-mag in transition, but if they are hungry in veg, it couldn't hurt. It is a 2:1 calcium to magnesium, so it might be what they are looking for.

I may have to reexamine these numbers, as I didn't account for Sulfur in the ppms. I'm still trying to understand the ins and outs of Hydrobuddy. I still don't get how when I add up the ppms, it doesn't equal the EC?