What's new

Feminizing Autoflower Clones with STS

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
:tiphat:

Thought a few of you would be interested in this little project. I have a beastie little auto going, and also some STS solution on hand. So, I took 3 cuttings and am rooting/flowering them under 18/6 lighting, just like the parent.

The only difference is I'm treating the flowering nodes of these cuts with STS solution. Here's day 1:

Here's the bottle cut at day 6, with tomorrow being the 2nd day of application.

I'm using drops of 1:9 STS solution from the link in my sig, and I believe this should be plenty of pollen for me. :)

Douglas.Curtis

Thanks Arid. :) Usually I do my runs first and post the results. I have not done this before and figured I'd document the progress live on icmag.

The strain is a cross of Brickland and Guerrilla Gold #3/#4, and this is a true auto from them (edit: hrmmmm... I may have been a bit hasty but we'll see. lol). Some of the plants are very early instead of auto, and I have two of those vegging for outdoor. :) I'm very excited about having femmed seeds of this next year.

Today was the second application of STS. It's been a week after being cut and placed under a different light and, unlike the parent plant, no new pistils have grown on them. I'm using the dropper to 'wet' the stem and new growth at each junction.

Here's the current stage of flowering on the parent.

Here are the cuttings, and I'm going to move them back under the OrigLite. I had a few SILs burn out and this cab they're in is not enough light. (see how dark green they are?)

gorilla ganja

It works. I have done it several times.
Nice way to get fem seed from Autoflower plants.
As far as I could tell flowering on the clones seems to stall, as expected, till roots form and then its business as usual for the autos.

Best of luck with your project. It sounds like a nice hybrid.

Peace GG

I just tried this.

Took a cutting at day 29
Put into cup at day 49
STS at days 54, 61, 66
Pollen started dropping around day 75 - 80
Reversed clone discarded on day 85
Donor plant will finish around day 95 I reckon.

I had made the STS 108 days prior to this use. It is stored covered in a cool environment (unfinished basement, 100+ yr. old house in the Western Colonies.)

I have attempted to pollinate 2 plants of cultivars different to the original clone donor. It appears to have worked as near as I can tell, but I am a novice at seed making and may be mistaken.

I will update with germination test results if applicable.

Donor plant: Cheesy Auto - Philosopher Seeds
Pollen recipients: White Yoda, Sleepy Yoda - Philosopher Seeds

Personally, I'm more interested in Type 2 and 3 chemotypes than Type 1. I tried this Type 1 as a proof of concept only. I won't grow these out myself but have friends in the country who may.

I have 3 different Type 3 autos and a metric shit-ton of Type 1 autos waiting for a Type 2/3 seedmaking attempt.

Here in Canada, I can still buy seeds from nonlicensed retailers, either national or international. The government will close up this avenue eventually and I could be left paying $20/seed for only a few limited varieties from the monopoly retailers.

I'll continue purchasing/growing from seedbanks, but it would be comforting to know I can be self-sufficient if need be. As long as I have stock in hand, I hope to be able to produce femmed type 2/3 autos and regs if needed.

Douglas.Curtis

Autoflower she is not... beast she is!

Fortunately, I also have a true autoflower cutting going for this thread.

1st week after treatment, still on the plant.

Week 3, 3 treatments, been a cutting for 2 weeks now.

Mother plant, showing she is indeed a true auto.

Should be a very nice pile of yellow snow when I'm finished. :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

My apologies, I do have the photos from last week but I'm going to have to restart the project. My current residence is less than ideal for cloning, and I'm working on alternative solutions. So much fun. :)

As soon as I have a reliable spot (probably have to filter this air) striking clones on the double, I'll continue this project. Meanwhile, please feel free to post your own photos and experiences reversing autoflower clones.

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts