What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anyone here order soil on amazon?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Does anyone here order soil on amazon? I ask because I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas And I thought I could use some of the money to by soil. All the places that carry the brand i use in my city moved far away. I use fox farm ocean forest.

nickman

Veteran
U could but I’d assume the the heavier the package the more it costs to ship to u...

I looked at buying soil from buildasoil.c but delivery charges were unreal...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
someone on another thread say they are buying 1.5cft of FFOF for 10bucks a bag... that is real cheap - i am paying 17.50 , n i thought that was a bargain

RB56

Veteran
I order coir bricks from Amazon whenever I need them. Never had a problem. Used to use Firefox Happy Grog (think that was the name). Had to drive about 20 miles to get it. Ordered some one time. Bags were packed one per box. All of the boxes were destroyed during shipping, so it was obvious I was having large quantities of soil delivered.

hellfire

I looked at buying soil from buildasoil.c but delivery charges were unreal...

No shit. I almost tried them once for bulk supplies, put together an order and the freight was 50 bucks less than the order. They should find a different shipper.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buy nutrients or containers on Amazon and get soil from agriculture/greenhouse/grow shop websites that have free shipping.

'Boogieman'

I buy organic fertilizer on Amazon like kelp meal, anything I can't find locally. For a base soil I use 20% wormcastings, 10% compost which is a mix of horse and chicken manure from my neighbor. 40% sphagnum peat moss which is cheap, 30% drainage like perlite, I add 5-10% vermiculite but will be experimenting with biochar this year which is also very easy to make.

sdd420

Veteran
I got mine with free shipping just look around on Amazon there are multiple offers some with free shipping

MedFaced

Garden centers, hydro shops, or local for soil. The $35 bag of fox farms on amazon cost $15 at my local brick and mortar.

Magnificat

Does anyone here order soil on amazon? I ask because I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas And I thought I could use some of the money to by soil. All the places that carry the brand i use in my city moved far away. I use fox farm ocean forest.

I have in the past before we went legal, to avoid having to carry bags of soil into the house. We have a lot of grow stores in this state now, we had a couple before legalization (worms way), but now there are some in most areas.

But yes, in fact I just ordered 2 smaller 12 quart bags for delivery not that long ago, and about 2 years ago I ordered 2 x 1.5Cuft and was delivered in 1 box.... no issues using amazon for soil as the seller is probably a grow store.. Look at "seller info"....

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Check between ebay and amazon. I just got ( 4) 1.5 cubic feet of Fox Farms Ocean Forest delivered for $60. Search Folks, search.

I would think the product turnover driven by the sheer volume of Amazon’s sales would ensure a fresher product than that from suppliers from whom it sits on a pallet for a year or two (or longer).
Just a hunch though.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I caught it at 4 am. He must have just posted it. I got these 4 off of ebay. Keeping my eyes open. Will add more as necessary and as they become available at the right price.

MindEater

Mixing your own is part of the fun though. The goal of any soil grower should be to find the perfect mix for every strain they grow. So many people chase genetics when they should be chasing soil blends..

Latest posts

Latest posts