What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Second coco grow looking for advice on Pk timing

Hi guys,

I’m into my second grow in coco using Canna nutrients. Plants are 21 days today into flower. Just started to develop frost within the past three days.
They’re chart says to use it once for a week but I’m not sure which week. I’m growing some Stardawg cuts which are roughly a ten week flower period maybe a little longer. I’ve read so many posts on this but somehow I’m more confused than ever. Can someone please explain why and when to use the PK 13/14?

Thanks

ridoo

Hi GeraldsFinest,
what strain ?
what size containers ?
and what is your watering routine right now ? i mean how much, how many times..

i use to tune to the strain response, i start as soon as i switch to flowering 12/12, usually very soft about 0.5ml/L, 2 watering with, 1 without, then i push up a little by step of 0.1, if strain response well or feel it want more i push up by 0.2... after some waterings i find the "main level" it can be 2.0 or 2.5 or 3.0, some strain looks like they can always eat more and more...some other will burn at half the dose... for some i make for exemple 2 waterings with pk and 1 without..

my containers are 3.5L i handwater 1 or 2 times a day, i always check the drain for know if they eat a lot or not or if the coco is full or not..

cheers

Hey thanks for the reply. My containers are 5gallon fabric pots. The strain is Stardawg. Right now I’m feeding everyday with Canna at about 1.2-1.3. I do have auto watering so I could do multi feedings but last round I was doing 3x per day @ 1.0 ec and I started to run into problems with leave yellowing and curling. So this time I tried something different and they seem to be loving it. Stardawg is a 65-70 day strain. As far as the amount of water I’d say about 1/2 gal a day per plant. I just water till I see good runoff. I’ve been checking the runoff routinely and since I’ve bumped up feeding the runoff is coming out at about 740. Which is slightly over but should I be concerned?

P

pongster

Hi guys,

They’re chart says to use it once for a week but I’m not sure which week.

... Can someone please explain why and when to use the PK 13/14?

Thanks

hey bro,
the canna guide states clearly that pk1314 is used the week after stretch is finished, for one week. according to the same guide, stretch lasts for 2 or 3 weeks (generative period I) after flip.

cheers.
:rasta:

Hi guys,

I’m into my second grow in coco using Canna nutrients. Plants are 21 days today into flower. Just started to develop frost within the past three days.
They’re chart says to use it once for a week but I’m not sure which week. I’m growing some Stardawg cuts which are roughly a ten week flower period maybe a little longer. I’ve read so many posts on this but somehow I’m more confused than ever. Can someone please explain why and when to use the PK 13/14?

Thanks
I have stardawg (Corey Haime) and she does like her potassium but late in flower. I don’t supplement bloom boosters unless the plants need it. When to tell when a plant needs it? Read her leaves.
You asked when to supplement? I think the bottle says week 3 or 4.

ridoo

Hey thanks for the reply. My containers are 5gallon fabric pots. The strain is Stardawg. Right now I’m feeding everyday with Canna at about 1.2-1.3. I do have auto watering so I could do multi feedings but last round I was doing 3x per day @ 1.0 ec and I started to run into problems with leave yellowing and curling. So this time I tried something different and they seem to be loving it. Stardawg is a 65-70 day strain. As far as the amount of water I’d say about 1/2 gal a day per plant. I just water till I see good runoff. I’ve been checking the runoff routinely and since I’ve bumped up feeding the runoff is coming out at about 740. Which is slightly over but should I be concerned?

hey man
big containers you have, cool
nice strain, looks quiet potent :p, lots of sativa, as you said 65/70 days, nice trip
when i said i check the drain i mean the quantity and how fast it run off the bottom of the container, the EC more rarely only if plants looks sick or strange, and at the end when i clean the coco..
i think your strain is strong, your containers are big, if the roots have mostly colonized the containers i would start to add pk at light doses and watch carefully how the girls react, kind of "hey lady, wanna some sugar ?"

Canna actually recommends PK 3 weeks before harvest, typically week 5. I personally have been starting around week 3-4 at 2ml/gal, then working up to full dose 6ml/gal by week 5. Better to run it a little longer than miss your window.. as long as you don’t burn your plants in the process. In plant terms, it’s supposed to be started right when the flowers start linking together.

moritzst

just had little problemas with pk 1314, used it with mykorrizza in coco and got some budburn with ec 1,2,... 2ml pk/10l.... very undemanding strain of course,... also got some issues with mold wich also tends to show up when using pk, buds just get very over the top dense.... maybe i will use a pk 5/7 next time as i have to use 20 ml/100l phosphorus acid to regulate ph...

greez

ridoo

for avoid molds in dense buds you better have a good vent system, 12V computers ventilators like Noctua ones are very silent you can let them vent all day and all night long

dunno about issue mixing pk and mykorrizza, good to know, thanks

hey bro,
the canna guide states clearly that pk1314 is used the week after stretch is finished, for one week. according to the same guide, stretch lasts for 2 or 3 weeks (generative period I) after flip.

cheers.
:rasta:

I believe you to be incorrect in your interpretation of the grow guide.

Veg Phase II is the start of 12/12 and lasts until final height is achieved OR flowers appear. This phase lasts between 2 weeks for an 8 week finisher and 3 weeks for a 13 week plant.

Generative period I is the achievement of final height AND the lengthening of the flowers clusters/buds. 2 weeks for an eight weeker and 3 weeks for the 13 weeker.

Generative period II is when the buds increase in width/girth and require the extra Potassium. If I do the math in becomes apparent that this period is at the midpoint of the 12/12 cycle, 4 weeks for an 8 week finisher and 7 weeks for a 13 weeker.

OP: You state that your cutting takes 70 days of 12/12. Start PK13/14 at day 35 for 6 days and see what that does for you. Adjust as needed on the next run.

Ok yes thats How I thought the chart read. I was getting a bit confused when he said to start the PK right after stretch. Good thing I didn't add it yet. Im at day 35 and was planning on using it next week(week 5). To be fair Cannas chart is confusing AF. But I think I have a grasp now.