What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maintenance - between crops

P

pongster

hey bros, good day!

just finished my first decent crop in my tent, and when i was chopping, started to think about maintenance or carekeeping tasks/tips/ideas for the indoor equipment while you are waiting for plants, or drying, or w/e... "between crops (BC)"

for example, the only thing i have come up with is to clean the cool tube for the bulb, replace the HPS bulb and clean the extractors...

i have no need to reinvent the wheel for my next crop, so i will use all the same stuff i used before; but perhaps a little cleaner...

do you have any thoughts or comments on this? like what to use to clean the extractors, spray bleach or something in the tent or room?

have you started with a new crop and 1 week after you thought "damn i should have cleaned this in the "BC" time"?

thanks to icmag now i have some buds drying, and new questions have arisen... thanks!!!!
cheers
:smoweed:

X

xavier7995

I go in with a vacuum and suck up any sort of debris from the corners and such. Then give the floor a good mopping with heavy duty bleach. I tend to have nute stains so it gets scrubbed well. Walls and all surfaces get a spray and wipe down with bleach, then sprayed again and left to dry. Kudos on pulling the cool tube, dust ends up in there and needs to get cleaned out. I redo all seals every few grows.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wipe down everything. Clean tent with bleach/water. Wipe off bulbs/ hood with a lint free cloth.

Way to GROW, pongster!!!

X

xavier7995

I dont use it, but have heard good things about physan 20 as sort of an all purpose cleaner between grows, not sure if it is really necessary but if I were looking to go above and beyond i would sub that stuff in for my bleach water.

Rico Swazi

friend of mine ruined his tent after only a year with cleaning chemicals
threads rotted from the bleach and tent light leaked so bad had to get another

now after cleaning he washes it down with plenty of water from a hose outside
this will be the third season using this one

anyone else experienced rotting thread or problems from cleaning chemical residue?

hellfire

Sweep and clean up all debris.
Trash any unwanted items such as cut screens, cut zipties, sticky traps, bug satchets, labels etc
Remove stakes or screens or other support material.
Remove pots and dirt.
Compost the rootballs and stems.
Sweep again.
Spray iso alcohol (60/40 w/water) or peroxide for wash and scrub.
Usually a light bleach scrub as well.
If in a tent scrub under the liner tray, check tight spots for mold or mildew.
Run fans for airflow and to dry.
Use alcohol to wipe bulbs and reflectors clean.
Check supports for lights, fans, etc tighten and replace if needed.
Check and reset timers.
Clean fans and fan grills.
Recharge carbon filter if necessary (usually 2 or 3 cycles).
Add plants

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
congratulations on your grow!
sound like it went well and i hope the buds are dank

Wipe down everything. Clean tent with bleach/water. Wipe off bulbs/ hood with a lint free cloth.

Way to GROW, pongster!!!
pretty much this^
as long as there wernt any problems with the previous grow i just wipe everything down with h202 and clean up any debris
/i rotate my buckets so the ones for the next grow would already be cleaned and ready to go

Fitzera

My cool lube also gets quite a bit of dust inside...what are people using to keep dust out? I run my cool tube on it's own inline fan seperate from the grow space (ducting in and out), anybody made some sort of filter to keep the dust out? I was thinking maybe a range hood filter attached to the intake side or so ething like that

G

Looks like a nice product. I have never knock on wood had any insect or mold or any of the list of outside issues in my ten. Other than when I was just starting and got gnats from over watering. Gnats were easy to get rid of especially if you clean out your area every harvest in my limited experience. I may grab some.

I dont use it, but have heard good things about physan 20 as sort of an all purpose cleaner between grows, not sure if it is really necessary but if I were looking to go above and beyond i would sub that stuff in for my bleach water.

RB56

Veteran
Wash carbon filter pre-filters. I also flood my trays and lines with H2O2 to sterilize and kill algae.

Bobby Boucher

An electric power washer and a 6.5 hp wet vac make quick work of all my post-harvest chores.

pssssshhht... brrrrrrmm..

Boom. Wow. So amazing.

source.gif

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, different ingredients, same purpose. Bleach, vinegar, alcohol, H2O2. I prefer and regularly use germicidal bleach after working with it in a lab, but whatever works, works!

squirksa

Medina Orange Oil - Besides being the greatest cleaner known to man, completly organic (d-limonene), will also kill mold and arthropods (mites,fungus gnats,thrips, fire ants etc.) when used foliar and or drench.

G

friend of mine ruined his tent after only a year with cleaning chemicals
threads rotted from the bleach and tent light leaked so bad had to get another

now after cleaning he washes it down with plenty of water from a hose outside
this will be the third season using this one

anyone else experienced rotting thread or problems from cleaning chemical residue?
I have been using the same Gorilla tent, not the light version, for about 5 years just cleaning with bleach water and PineSol. I did order some of the Physan though and looking at the price broken down per gallon its not a issue for a home grower to potentially add a layer of cleanliness for me.

The old saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Im not one to complain about a few cents on the dollar for my favorite hobby.

Latest posts

Latest posts