What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you give your dawg cannabaniods?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The oldest of my dawgs doesn't get around much these days. Maybe a trip down to the pond or out to the end of the gravel driveway is all he does these days. So I liked the way CBD drops make my joints feel and I give him some on his morning food. He loves it. So on a nice day like today I will also slip him half a cookie which I left off the sugar cinnamon coating.

He just shits there and watches the world. I hope he likes the feeling. One year ago I didn't think he would last through winter, so why not treat him? Gave him some beef ribs I BBQ'd yesterday for his munchies LOL. :biggrin:

Anyone else treat their dawgs?

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Do cats count for CBD? My old black cat is getting pretty old and with arthritis etc. I got the bright idea of giving him CBD for cats. So far I am using less then the minimum dose on the jar. It makes him sleep for a couple hours and then he wakes up and does his cat stuff. It looks like the CBD makes him feel better though and he is more active.

YukonKronic

I don’t know how much research has been done on cannabinoids but I do know dogs and cats metabolize drugs differently than humans.
You may want to start with much lower doses to make sure your not fucking your pet up way more than you think.

Remember they have no tolerance and no benchmarks to compare the experience to. It would be really easy to feel poisoned in that context if YOU had overdosed edibles let alone a pet.

I would start by extrapolating a beginning dose based on weight.
Then half it. At least.

So if half a cookie makes a 200 pound human with tolerance AND experience feel a little buzzed what might it do to an animal half or less the weight NO tolerance and NO experience to say “it’s going to be okay”?
Especially if that animal feels the drug at four times the intensity a human can due to its metabolism.

Not saying don’t treat your old dawg just saying please be careful that he’s actually enjoying it not just enduring it...

I blew a toke or two of second hand at my dog when she got too sick to eat or drink once... it did help her keep down some water I was squirting in her mouth to hydrate her.. then an hour later she ate her first couple bites in over a day...
That was just 2 thick second hand tokes so I suspect a little can be a lot...

Good luck!

Storm Shadow

Veteran
My 10 year old Maltipoo...9lbs female can out dab most humans ... no lie she's been blowing trees since 9 weeks.. she loves it

Green Squall

I cooked for my dog the last few months of his life lol. CBD wasn't as big as it is now, so I didn't experiment with it unfortunately. Nothing wrong with giving your dog bones, but just make sure they're not cooked or they can splinter and cause serious problems.

Chicken livers is something else dogs love. Either baked or dehydrated - they make an excellent treat.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
My 10 year old Maltipoo...9lbs female can out dab most humans ... no lie she's been blowing trees since 9 weeks.. she loves it
She developed a tolerance, not really germane to the convo, with the exception "my dick is bigger than yours"! So, blow your theory out your shorts!!

Bobby Boucher

I dosed my cat pretty heavily in her last few months with strait rso. She was very anxious about her constant urinating and whatnot and the doses really seemed to help her relax.

I figured I can easily handle 70 mg, and I'm ~170 lbs, and she was just about 10% of my body weight, so I would dissolve`~5-7mg into .5 ml of olive oil and spread it evenly on her paws.

She must have eaten at least 2-3 grams of decarbed by the end. She went on for quite awhile like that, tough ol' barn cat. I'd venture to guess the dab actually extended the length of her life a bit. She didn't ever seem tripped out either, she would just.. relax, or sleep. Like cats do.

Im'One

When I saw this I thought of the Ron white joke, 'hell no he follows me around all the time already!'

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Half a cookie may have been a tad stout. He didn't move much for a couple hours until I brought him out some chicken I had left over.

Man he sure likes those CBDs though! Poor guy is getting old.

Bobby Boucher

2K5P4Uc.jpg

YukonKronic

Offer my cats fan leaves in the winter, which some enjoy,

Uncooked cannabis vegetation has cystolic hairs on it iirc. I believe it can irritate esophageal and stomach linings.
Not sure if cats are more resistant than other animals but I feel if I was my pet I might well scald or parboil the leaves first..

El Timbo

Not mine but a friend's dog has a tumour and was on her last legs - no energy or spark. The vet said it was about time to have her put down - my friend tried her on CBD oil and she's like a new dog.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These companies are even greedier when it comes to pets.

My native American doc sells 2250 mg full spctrum for $50.

My pharmacy sells Medterra 1000 mg isolate for $60. They are always selling out cause people LOVE cannabis oils. Pharmacy people love it also.

Pet website sells 1000 mg at $150. Damn greedy bastids! Screw this. Better not have a horse as that is $400 for 5000mg. The pharmacy has 3000 isolate for $125.

https://www.hempmypet.com/product/c...orado-cbd-hemp-extract-1000mg-1-fl-oz-bottle/

My old dawg likes the full spectrum and isolate both, and so do I. He gets about the same amount as I do and he is very excited when the food plate comes out in the morning.

My dawgs always seems to wear out in the hips, like me I suppose. I do a deep massage on their hip and backstraps that while it hurts at the time, they keep coming back to me when I am sitting, and back up for more. They like it better than ear scratches. The old guy outside won't let me touch him, so he misses out.

Last edited:
E

ESTERCHASER

Not INTENTIONALLY, but i left a cookie on a counter that my plott hound got to.....she is 90lbs and was fucken hallucinating for 5 hours....yeah def need to understand dosing of animals before id give her anything.

E

ESTERCHASER

natives do it better shhhhhhh

natives do it better shhhhhhh

These companies are even greedier when it comes to pets.

My native American doc sells 2250 mg full spctrum for $50.

My pharmacy sells Medterra 1000 mg isolate for $60. They are always selling out cause people LOVE cannabis oils. Pharmacy people love it also.

Pet website sells 1000 mg at $150. Damn greedy bastids! Screw this. Better not have a horse as that is $400 for 5000mg. The pharmacy has 3000 isolate for $125.

https://www.hempmypet.com/product/c...orado-cbd-hemp-extract-1000mg-1-fl-oz-bottle/

My old dawg likes the full spectrum and isolate both, and so do I. He gets about the same amount as I do and he is very excited when the food plate comes out in the morning.

Stick with the natives i say!

RB56

Veteran
We had a Dalmation when I was a kid that used to find me and my friends whenever we lit a joint. He used to follow the joint and snort everybody's exhales. We eventually figured out he wanted the smoke blown in his face. He'd snort and snort until I guess he felt he'd had enough and then started running large circles around the neighborhood at full speed. After he'd have enough of that, he'd go to sleep for a few hours. Never any doubt in my mind that he liked it. Used to freak out new people sharing the joint when he'd show up out of nowhere and put his face an inch or two in front of the smoker's face and wait.