What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silverback discussion about Mould.

P

prime8

Great thread ,thankyou! Kaligreen seems to be a better deal than Greencure...I might be wrong I did some quick calculations. Something else to check out.

LemonCake

great thread silverback!!.. i am going to have to order some of what you guys got.. i use calcium concentrate in the past ... but i have some strawberry d out and last season they got a pretty bad case of mold.. i really love her outdoor so i want her to flower well.. she gets so big and tall.. such a wonderful sight..

devilgoob

Veteran
Choose the correct strain. Try and keep everything clean. Dont let things soak with water and make sure they have open sunlight.

I dont know if these things have been said, but I hope they havent. :)

P

prime8

Nickmode the active ingredient in Greencure, Kaligreen and others is Potassium Bicarbonate.So you could find that then find out the correct dosage and use a little(drop per liter) dishsoap, Dr. bronners liquid soap or other surfactant. Kaligreen is OMRI certified and half the price of Greencure.I'm still checking for a cheaper source but time is running out for me...
Devilgoob Variety is the spice of life so I don't always pick an outdoor strain just because it's mold resistant-though I would love to have one I could incorporate into things. I have plants in humid areas plus it has been dumping down lately in New England USA so getting out there everyday to shake off the dew or rain can be very time consuming.
Bud rot seems to be a major problem for alot of people so I'm glad we're discovering an organic solution. Cheers

Amber Trichs

Burned pistils...

Burned pistils...

Hello all,

I recently discovered I have the dreaded "bud rot" on a few of my beautiful girls. :badday: I read this thread a few days ago and picked up Greencure and applied as directed. My girls look like the have been through a round of chemo. All the beautiful white pistils on all my girls burned and shriveled up. I'm exactly 4 weeks into 12/12. Does anyone know if my girls will recover??? Will new pistils grow back??? I preemptively sprayed the girls unaffected by the "bud rot" and their pistils are burned as well.

Thx in advance...

G

Hey Amber Trichs

Ive been using GC for a while and ive never had anything "burned". Did you use 1 tablespoon per gallon? What do you mean by "burned"? I'm aso puzzled by 12/12, are you outdoors?

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
farmaz2 says that this stuff works on mold. not shure if it cures or prevents mold and stuff

amistar
http://www.syngenta.com/en/products_brands/amistar_page.html

Amistar fungicide available from Syngenta Amistar, available from Syngenta , contains azoxystrobin, a member of the strobilurin class of fungicides (Group K), which has an ideal mode of action that inhibits mitochondrial respiration of fungi. Azoxystrobin demonstrates good uptake and redistribution properties within the plant. The active ingredient is steadily absorbed into the leaf, ensuring some active ingredient remains on the leaf surface to combat infection by incoming fungal spores. Uptake can be enhanced if the foliar surface is rewetted, for example, following dew or rainfall. Once absorbed, azoxystrobin diffuses through the leaf to reach the vascular tissue and is then acropetally transported within the leaf through the xylem. This results in an even distribution of the active ingredient throughout the leaf and thus, protection from fungal pathogens. Azoxystrobin also demonstrates some translaminar activity. Key fungal diseases Stem End Rot (Dothiorella spp. and Lasiodiplodia theobromae) and Anthracnose (Colletotrichum gloeosporioides) cause serious post-harvest fruit losses in mangoes. Australian field trials have confirmed that fungicide programmes incorporating Amistar provide good control of Stem End Rot and Anthracnose compared with standard programmes. In most cases, the use of Amistar will result in higher levels of marketable fruit. Australian research also confirmed that Amistar significantly improves pack-out performance in mangoes. This trial was conducted in 2002 in a crop of Kensington Pride mangoes in Mareeba, Queensland. The Amistar programme consisted of Dithane, then Octave, then Amistar (80 mL/100L) at early fruit set, then Kocide (200 g/100 L) and then two applications of Amistar (80 mL/100L) before harvest.

Last edited:

Amber Trichs

Silverback,

Thx for the reply. Yes, I just have a few outside. The pistils went from white to red in just hours after application. I did use 1.5 tablespoons per gallon but I believe the directions said up to 2tbls would be fine. I'm in forced flowering mode right now they are 30 days in. I had them boxed to provide the 12 hours of darkness and that's what created the "bud rot' not enough circulation plus it's been muggy lately. I'm wondering since I have at least another 30 days of flowering left will the plant continue to develope new growth and new pistils or am I screwed??? I've seen burned hairs before but it was due to overfertilizing.

Slapstick

Hi guys, i have been looking for something like greencure, in europe but have had no luck.. Anyway on a coincidence i was checking a local wine-homepage (wine is a new thing in our country due to humid-and cold climate.. which is perfect for mold/mildew). anyway, on this wine-homepage (www.vinperlen.dk yea sorry its in DK..) they talk about mold, and give examples on how they fight it! The thing thy do is mix some milk with water, one ninth (1:9) milk to be precise. And spray it on.. i think i have read it somewhere here on icmag as well, but at that time i thought it was just some hippi storie.. Anyway, it supposedly is better than any other remedies..

Now i have not tried it.. and would i not have read it on this wine page, i would not have believed it! Anyway, since i cant find any greencure stuff in europe.. i think ill try asprin + milk and water, this year.. hope it works!

Also, seaweed (tang) makes plants healthier and able to resist mold a bit better... been using that here for some time with some succes.

Anyway, my 5cents on the subjekt.. ill be testing the milk-aspirin this year, if i have no mold u bet it works, no one gets trough a season here withouth mold!

slapstick

G

Amber Trichs, you should be fine. whenever Ive had mould and used gc, the area that the mould was on just sloughed off the plant and the rest of the plant kept right on growing. Ive never had any hairs get burned although some turn reddish with the application of moisture. Keep me posted.

G

If anyone was thinking of going the chemical route, they should think about spraying at the beginning of flowering, hopefully as a preventative measure.You should weigh the odds of getting mould carefully as well. Who wants to smoke aspirin, milk, chemicals whatever. Hopefully when harvest is made, any taint will be very diluted. Organic is certainly better, just snip those rotten buds off. Think about air flow, try trimmming all those bottom leaves off, small branches that never see the light, improving drainage, loads of things that all add up. Clear away any dead dyeing vegetation in the area. Fungus likes damp, dark, decay.

C

CheifnBud2

So some of you water plants with asprin? How many per gallon? LOL.

What are these chemicals called that have an acidic drying effect? Can they be bought at homedepot? (just for public reference)

When you spray your plants with asprin/milk for mould, how much do you dilute it?

Last edited:

mrbotwin

Awsome thread Silverback...Mold is my number one enemy...Thank you all for sharing your info, it has been very helpfull.

hamstring

Veteran
I was just at one of my site where I sprayed the hell out of my AK99XFL plants. I used 2 tbl spoons per gallon and I sprayed it so much it was driping from every single inch of the plant.
Hell I even mixed it with sevin so I could kill 2 birds with one stone and they looked fine 1.5 weeks later. No signs of burning.

I will check another site later where I had big full buds of GG. I sprayed them to the max opening up each bud and washing them down with a mixture of sevin and green cure so if they are going to be affected I should see it here. I will report back but so far I am very happy with greencure.
PEACE

hamstring

Veteran
Wanted to update my comments above. I visited my second and third sites and even harvested a little GG. I did not notice any damage for the Green Cure all the pistols were fine I did have some dieing leaves on my GG but I think it was natural because of harvest time but cant say for sure. The AK99XFL showed no signs of damaged leaves or buds so I say it works fine.

I will say I had from 10-15% Mold on my GG but I never sprayed the buds in the beginning because of my lack of experience with the strain. They were well into budding before they received any green cure.
Thanks again SB for the advice.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i started using greencure yesterday on a test plant just to see if it would affect it in anyway. well, it turned the pistols red from white, this is at 1 tbsp per gallon. so today i wanted make it less strong to see if it would burn the pistols again. 3 tbsp in 4 gallons of water. sprayed another test pant and the pistols shriveled again.
this really sucks, i thought i might have a cure for the budrot, but greencure seems to cause damage to plants.
im just starting to get budrot in my room, at 6 weeks the buds are huge and still have alot of white hairs, i dont want to turn them all red by spraying this, is there anything else that is affective?

:fsu: :cuss:

Hindu Killer

Veteran
SB.....Ive learned something from you already this season. That being I should pump the nutes harder sooner to my plants. Seemingly simple however...very profitable lesson to learn. Maybe Ill band in a good dose earlier next season.