What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

Easy7

Veteran
I would not mess around with making soil. Water is one thing and more is not always better. Native soil that has clay will hold water.

I would focus on hauling in ferts, organic ferts to top dress. Then hauling out the harvest. If you plan on making soil it's too much work. You will be tired before the game.

They don't make soil for farming. They work with what they have on site. As cheaply and efficiently as possible.

yeah its very tiring. i amnot making soil. i am just ammending the native soil thats there amready. instead of bringing in bags of amendments, i am amending with whatever i can find onsite: rotten wood, leaf compost, sand etc.

for ferts i have granular organics and another mineral fertilizer thats 12-12-17; last year the girls loved this stuff. its blue granules. funny cuzz not all chem ferts are accpeted by the plants. last year i tried another type of granular ferts on a few and they died in 24 H

for hauling out the harvest , well thats with a big back pack and a 45 MINUTE TREK;

I live in a rural area andall my sites are in walking distance from home. i am too precautiouse to drive bud around in my car. i have a family and must make choices wisely.

EASY 7 yeah its got a bit too much clay thats why i have to add some ammendements. otherwise i HOPE its a spot that will hold sufficient moisture. i am adding the pipes n all just for back up and as an experiment to try a auto watering thingy

Jbry

Check out a video by an Australian fellow. Search for KOG growers lot.. It's an old school film there might be a few helpful hints. Also you could use a little chicken wire to put around the base to help protect from rabbits etc.. An all natural bug killer I've used indoor is diatomaceous earth and contains silica which is good.

'Boogieman'

EASY 7 yeah its got a bit too much clay thats why i have to add some ammendements. otherwise i HOPE its a spot that will hold sufficient moisture. i am adding the pipes n all just for back up and as an experiment to try a auto watering thingy

If you have a lot of clay add a lot of compost to your soil, even attempt to make a compost pile for future needs somewhere else. Even grass and leaves makes good compost. I would recommend finding a old manure pile or buying compost if you have too. Adding sand to clay holes will make cement like soil if you don't add enough compost.

If you have a lot of clay add a lot of compost to your soil, even attempt to make a compost pile for future needs somewhere else. Even grass and leaves makes good compost. I would recommend finding a old manure pile or buying compost if you have too. Adding sand to clay holes will make cement like soil if you don't add enough compost.

hello. indeed i have thought about making small guerilla compost piles onsite, probably the year before.

right now i am collecting lots of free compost from under the oak trees near my site. there is a spot where the ground under the oak patch is shaped like a little swimming pool. all the leaves accumulate there. i push away the top layer of new leaves, and underneath there is 2 feet of nice leaf compost. i fill up a 40 L shopping bag and walk it to the patch like 4 meters away.

i will be doing this hauling of compost for a few weeks. i work on my plots every afternoon. so i have enough time to haul thousands of gallons of free native ammendments into my variouse spots.

NATIVE SOIL WITH NATIVE AMMENDMENTS

to bring in bags of purchased soil or compost is almost impossible. to get to this area one must trek down a steep ravine side to get to the stream in the mini valey below thatzs where the patches are. secondly i will be blunt; i am a poor man. i must stay in budget.
the main reason why i dont like to carry bags of soil is for safety. i do cross hunters and hikers sometimes. now if i had a huge backpack full of 100L of perlite during those encounters, the people would probably get suspiciouse. but as it is now i always go with a very small city backpack. in there is my drinking water 2 L bottle, and my collapsible shovel and my smoking gear. a very small backpack, considering i am out in the bush. so whenever i meet people out in the bush i talk about the weather the trees or how dry and hot it is, and then we all go our own way, no second thought.

dont get me wrong and i mean NO INSULT TO ANY ONE ANYWHERE,I really think that haviing fancy soil is a little over rated. that is the result of the very expert marketing skills of the companies catering to cannabis growers; I dont 'need' super soil to grow a cannabis plant. if i want a perfect 5KG plant then yeah maybe, but for the guerilla, nature 'can' provide what is needed , simply the grower must think outside the box

is my native soil better than super soil? DEFINATELY NOT
will my native soil satisfy my growing needs? YES IT WILL

Easy7

Veteran
Gypsum is good for clay, but works best worked in pre-growing season by a year. 6 months may be enough. I bought a big sack if it for cheap at a farm supply drive thru.

Ya, that's what we need. Drive thru hydro stores, lol.

gorilla ganja

to bring in bags of purchased soil or compost is almost impossible. to get to this area one must trek down a steep ravine side to get to the stream in the mini valey below thatzs where the patches are. secondly i will be blunt; i am a poor man. i must stay in budget.
the main reason why i dont like to carry bags of soil is for safety. i do cross hunters and hikers sometimes. now if i had a huge backpack full of 100L of perlite during those encounters, the people would probably get suspiciouse. but as it is now i always go with a very small city backpack. in there is my drinking water 2 L bottle, and my collapsible shovel and my smoking gear. a very small backpack, considering i am out in the bush. so whenever i meet people out in the bush i talk about the weather the trees or how dry and hot it is, and then we all go our own way, no second thought.

dont get me wrong and i mean NO INSULT TO ANY ONE ANYWHERE,I really think that haviing fancy soil is a little over rated. that is the result of the very expert marketing skills of the companies catering to cannabis growers; I dont 'need' super soil to grow a cannabis plant. if i want a perfect 5KG plant then yeah maybe, but for the guerilla, nature 'can' provide what is needed , simply the grower must think outside the box

is my native soil better than super soil? DEFINATELY NOT
will my native soil satisfy my growing needs? YES IT WILL

Well said. If I may add one thing. Most people just look for natural clearings when searching for a spot. In nature the natural clearings are there for a reason. The soil does not provide for good growth. Instead find robust,green, vigorous growing natural vegetation.
It is a pain to cut though and prepare the spot but the soil should be excellent compared to a natural clearing found in nature.

Also become aware of which native plants in your area prefer which soil. Some are very close to cannabis in there needs and are best to plant around. While others prefer wet/dry soil or high/low PH and are best to avoid.

Peace GG

EvergreenState

I came back home from being away for work for 5 months and found a 6 foot tall pot plant in front of my house. There is an azalea hedge row about 10 feet in front of my house and that hid the plant. The plant was between the hedge row and the front of my house. I've taken plant waste from trimming and harvesting my plants down that path between the front of the house and the hedge row.
A seed must have fallen there at some point and the plant grew while I was away. Thank my lucky stars it grew there and not out in the open. That summer, 2015, was one of the hottest if not the hottest on record in Southwestern Washington state here in the US. Several days over 100F, many over 90F and a bunch in the upper 80's. We had zero rain in July and August and half of September.
I have heavy clay soil below the top 12 inches. This area where the pot plant grew has had nothing done to the soil since the home was built here in 1976. Some grass was planted back then and that's it. I've lived here since 2011 and all I've done is walk over this site over and over again. Yet with extremely high temps. with no rain for 2.5 months and no soil amendments of any kind, a 6 foot tall pot plant grew all by itself.

I came back home from being away for work for 5 months and found a 6 foot tall pot plant in front of my house. There is an azalea hedge row about 10 feet in front of my house and that hid the plant. The plant was between the hedge row and the front of my house. I've taken plant waste from trimming and harvesting my plants down that path between the front of the house and the hedge row.
A seed must have fallen there at some point and the plant grew while I was away. Thank my lucky stars it grew there and not out in the open. That summer, 2015, was one of the hottest if not the hottest on record in Southwestern Washington state here in the US. Several days over 100F, many over 90F and a bunch in the upper 80's. We had zero rain in July and August and half of September.
I have heavy clay soil below the top 12 inches. This area where the pot plant grew has had nothing done to the soil since the home was built here in 1976. Some grass was planted back then and that's it. I've lived here since 2011 and all I've done is walk over this site over and over again. Yet with extremely high temps. with no rain for 2.5 months and no soil amendments of any kind, a 6 foot tall pot plant grew all by itself.

hello. thats so cool its like ganja wants you, and she is stalking you!
i caan only hope for my luck to be as good as yours. i was born and riased near seattle by the way. and i remember mostly rainy but once in a while there woul be freak heat waves indeed!

your point is indeed valid. clay does benefit the guerilla grower. we are conditioned to shun clay but it has its good side as well. I just got to get the right ratios of clay and organic matter
take care

hello GG
that i such a good point. there is much to gain from learning how to study the nature at ones spots. i am suprised myself as to how i have developed a new way of studying my surroundings. now when ever i am in he bush, my eye catches soooo many tiny details hat before would have just passed by un noticed. its actually become a little annoying. i cannot walk through nature without my brain scrutinizing every inch of my surroundings. its like as soon as i see forest, my head automaticly switches to GROW-MODE and starts calculating sun hours, north south placement, soil and on an on

cant wait till spring so i can get this grow out of my head and into the ground

take care

and GG in you experience does cannabis like to grow near black berries? i know that its said that she likes the same soil as black berries right? so in real life have you seen this to be true?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
where I swamp grow the berry plants are not growing at the swamp level where I plant but they are all over once you get 5 feet above the water table, black, blue and raspberries wild everywhere you find disturbed soil.

the swamps where I grow are very fertile and the soil just needs to be lightened a bit and mounded slightly to get the starts about a foot above the waterline.

I hide my plants in native growth so they won't be spotted from the air or ground.

picture.php

when you miss a male.
picture.php

trellis with found branches and cut saplings is good camo. East Coast Sour Diesel.
picture.php

picture.php

outdoor Cookies or better.
picture.php

where I swamp grow the berry plants are not growing at the swamp level where I plant but they are all over once you get 5 feet above the water table, black, blue and raspberries wild everywhere you find disturbed soil.

the swamps where I grow are very fertile and the soil just needs to be lightened a bit and mounded slightly to get the starts about a foot above the waterline.

I hide my plants in native growth so they won't be spotted from the air or ground.

View Image

when you miss a male.
View Image

trellis with found branches and cut saplings is good camo. East Coast Sour Diesel.
View Image

View Image

outdoor Cookies or better.
View Image

hello there. now thats a nice post. thanks or sharing. after reading this i m thinking maybe i should do a ew like that in ground at a spot where there is nostanding water.

what do ou use to lighten the soil? do you have any animals bother you sites?

fell free to post any info about swamp growing. thats why i started this thread cuz i realized that there is not enough guidline for swamp growing available. and many people dream of geurilla growing wihout the need to haul water, well this is a good way to make that dream come true

gorilla ganja

and GG in you experience does cannabis like to grow near black berries? i know that its said that she likes the same soil as black berries right? so in real life have you seen this to be true?

I don't have Black berry's where I am at, but find areas with berries are generally good. A quick google search and I find this for Black berry.

Site Selection for Blackberry Bushes
Light: Full Sun

Soil: Prefer acidic to slightly basic (6.0-7.0), well-drained, organic soil. However, they adapt to most soil types except alkaline and wet. If you have clay soil, you will need to amend with organic matter. To increase the soil's organic content, amend with organic mulch-wet peat moss, well-aged sawdust, straw or leaf litter.

Sounds like a good match to me.

I have found places with nettles are usually really good, although can be a bit wet. Watch out they can cause irritation of the skin. I don't know if you have them there?
https://depts.washington.edu/propplnt/Plants/Urtica dioica.htm

Also adding gypsum like Easy7 said would help. It is cheap and you don't need to bring a 50 lb bag in at one time. Bring a few pounds each time you go.

I well researched spot is hard to find and takes a lot of work. Once found prepare it like you will be using it for several years to come, as you very well might be. It will get better every year.

Peace GG

hey GG

i agree. the more prep work gets done, the more bud in the end.

i have put my first seeds to germinate on the 20 JANUARY. 4/6 dna lemon skunk are above soil now. 5/5 leda uno sprouted in the cotton but only two have come above ground so far. but i think that 5/5 leda unos should make it. the seeds were all identical and sprouted at identical rythm.

the dna lemon skunk seeds were different. the four that have sprouted so far were all identical in appearance and also sprouted at same pace. the two lemon skunks that didnt sprout were both smaller and greener then the 4 others.

so even though many people have stated that KC BRAINS SEEDS have germination problems, to me these seeds seem to be good quality, and 5/5 germination.

yesterday i put down 13 swamptubes. today another 5; Then that first swamp spot will be complete. the secon swamp spot ill be all coc thus very qick to set up. i will take pics of the coco tubes preparation.

take care

so just want to tal about hunters. i have noticed that the hnters where i am usually come back to the same spots each year. they have their habitual areas and timings. i have observed the hunting patterns around my grow areas for about two years nw. and in that time i haave gaine a lot of valuable information about hnters, that will help me decide where to put my plants and give me over all increased security. i also research on the wenbsite of the local hunting assosiation.which days of the week for which species, and rules , hunting maps, hnting outposts, all available online. observation can be real helpful. reconaissance, spy on those who could be potential threat to my weed

Latest posts

Latest posts