What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short's True Blueberry

msdtds

“True Blueberry”–the ultimate hybrid of Blueberry expression. Selected for its superior quality from a large pool, this hybrid contains the best from both worlds (indica and sativa). Medium height with long, fruity and productive buds of medium sized calyxes. Beautiful lavender hues become apparent soon into the flowering cycle. The finished product is of the highest quality with sweet, elongated Blueberry buds destined to please the most finicky palate. High resin production as expected from the “Blue” family. 50-60 days flowering time.

The seed stock “True Blueberry” currently under scrutiny derived from f2’s that were very “BK” or Berry Kush-like. These f2 “BK”’s were crossed with very “TF”, or “True Floral”, sometimes referred to as “Temple Flo”, mates in the f3 and/or f4 generation to brighten the head considerably. Once the right mix was discovered these f4’s (and beyond) crosses were inline bred (filial crossed) to stabilize the proper traits. The “flo” pheno’s are closer to the “TF” (“True Floral”, “Temple Flo”), headier side of the mix, most reminiscent of the Highland Oaxaca Gold.

This report is a little long, so if you don’t want to read it than know that DJ’s description is accurate and that I would recommend this unique strain.

4871TrueBlueberry_011.JPG

I started 8 seeds. 7 of the eight were mutants, 4 were female, all mutants. All the plants showed very apparent purple/blue highlights on their buds. I grew them in a 5’ square scrog with a 250w hps. I harvested at day 62.

One of them didn’t get transplanted because I ran out of soil and my lazy ass didn’t get more for a long time. This one was stunted badly because of this, and only gave me ½ oz. Another was good until about half way through flowering, when it stopped growing. It looked and stayed healthy and matured normally, but the flowers never swelled and filled in good. After harvest, I noticed it had the weakest root system too. It also gave me ½ oz. I documented most of the grow, see my signature for more info and pics. Of the two remaining, both grew strong and without problems through their whole lives, and both gave me 1 oz each. With my set up I could get 5-6oz with clones of either of these plants, maybe a little more. A medium-high yielder. It has been curing for about 2.5 months.

The biggest difference between these two was how the leaves faded. One plant’s leaves turned purple and the other turned yellow. They both smell berry sweet and berry strong. The yellow one smelled more creamy. True Blueberry has just about the best bag appeal I’ve ever seen. It smells great, and strong. It also has lots of frost and nice purple and blue highlights on firm buds.

I love the taste, and it is very much berry. The berry flavor is not as sweet as the berry smell. The yellow one tastes more like berries and cream. The purple one tastes stronger of berry. I prefer the yellow one, but both are delectable. My one complaint about this strain is that the taste is not very strong. The taste is great, but only for the first few hits of the bowl. This surprises me a little because the smell is strong. I’d pay twice as much for a pack of these seeds if the taste were twice as strong.

The high is a very nice 50/50 head/body mix. It gives me a nice up high to begin with, and as I continue smoking I start to feel pressure on my forehead. This pressure is something I’ve found to be nearly consistent with this strain, but its probably just me. The high is not quite speedy (it doesn’t make me anxious), but it is fast and a little confusing. I find its good for playing video games J As for the body side of it, the best way I can put it is that it makes me aware of my body. Very pleasant. Potency wise it is better than most, not as good as some. Only two I’ve had that we’re noticeably stronger are BOG’s Sour Bubble and DVP’s God Bud.

Overall these are very exotic plants and I enjoyed growing them. I’m moving soon so I didn’t keep any clones, but I do have 2 seeds left and I’m hoping to get lucky and find a keeper.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Awesome report man, great pics too - my mouth is watering. Have been waiting for this report since you finished your grow thread 2 months ago. Looking forward to more threads from you in the future.

good luck

G

good luck with those last 2 beans man. I kept 1 just in case ;) but was sure to take cuts too.. very beautiful buds

Red

Saving the Planet, One Seed At A Time
Great Report-Great Pictures! You nailed it right on the head.

SativaBelieva

Beautiful! Thanks for the detailed report, dude... now I need to have some!

Has anyone compared DJ True Blueberry with RM Burmese? They both are very photogenetic strains... can I choose, or need I have both?

SB

Last edited:

msdtds

thanks for the comments everyone. this is my last nug of true blueberry. soon i'll be back to buying :frown:
maybe its the cure, but i may have understated the taste a little. its really great and not that mild.
i took these inside, thats why the color isn't as vibrant as in the other pics

Latest posts

Latest posts