What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

wuluz

66 days in bloom, looks like it will finish before Auto Zamaldelica :)
2023-07-02-09-35-15-(B,R8,S4).jpg

this bud is from the middle range

paisajedehierba

hi @paisajedehierba I
wont say they are quite leafy but from now on I won't use any more nitrogen for feeding. If you take into an account that auto malawis are about 100 to 120 days it might need only flowering fertilizer to finish. The more nitrogen, the more leafy it could get.
Hi Luiggi, you're right, I won't fertilize this MA x NL plant anymore. There is no need to do so. I prepared the soil present in the terrain when planting with compost and horn flour (maybe accidentally a little more than I usually did). Nevertheless it develops pleasant floral-fruity scents and more and more resin. However, phenotypic components could also contribute to the flower structure (ruderalis/indica) in a polyhybrid. The plant is also partially pollinated. My gaze is perhaps still "poorly calibrated" at the moment because I have been observing Indoors (MA x NL) x MA for the last few weeks, which I have used to pollinate MA x NL. The selected individuals of (MA x NL) x MA had a better flower/leaf ratio.

Attachments

• (MA x NL) x MA tip of a male plant.JPG
    (MA x NL) x MA tip of a male plant.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 50
  • (MA x NL) x MA tip of a male plant (2).JPG
    (MA x NL) x MA tip of a male plant (2).JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 51
  • (MA x NL) x MA tip of a male plant (3).JPG
    (MA x NL) x MA tip of a male plant (3).JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 51
  • (MA x NL) x MA (3).JPG
    (MA x NL) x MA (3).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • (MA x NL) x MA (2).JPG
    (MA x NL) x MA (2).JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 50
  • (MA x NL) x MA (1).JPG
    (MA x NL) x MA (1).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 53

Luiggi

Hi all,

Little update from my side.

The most sativa leaning is almost covered in white, kind of if it got frozen.Not sure when this plant will get ready but not sure it is doing reflowerings. I have apreciated some yellowing in the fan leafs and some bid tips got dry. I think it could be due to the tiles getting hot as @Maria Sanchez pointed out at Auto Zamaldelica thread. Would a carpet do the job to avoid pot getting in direct contact with the tiles? It is in flowering from about 1st of june, so fifth week of flowering. what is the next step for this type of buds during flowering? Should the buds grow or get more compact? should I start checking trichomes? I guess it might take about 4 to 5 more weeks as per ace's description.

IMG_20230704_232929.jpg

IMG_20230704_233007.jpg

IMG_20230704_215107.jpg

IMG_20230704_215103.jpg

IMG_20230704_213719.jpg

IMG_20230704_213709.jpg

IMG_20230704_213714.jpg

The most indica leaning seems getting its things done. Buds are thicker but the whole plant is a bit smaller.

IMG_20230704_233041.jpg

IMG_20230704_162939.jpg

IMG_20230704_162935.jpg

In both cases I have applied some worm castings tea in order to see if this stops the yellowing process.

Regards,

Luiggi

Last edited:

paisajedehierba

Hi all,

Little update from my side.

The most sativa leaning is almost covered in white, kind of if it got frozen.Not sure when this plant will get ready but not sure it is doing reflowerings. I have apreciated some yellowing in the fan leafs and some bid tips got dry. I think it could be due to the tiles getting hot as @Maria Sanchez pointed out at Auto Zamaldelica thread. Would a carpet do the job to and the decomposition processes begin slowly, which changes the resins and terpenes. Ultimately, it's a matter of taste how far you want it to go.avoid pot getting in direct contact with the tiles? It is in flowering from about 1st of june, so fifth week of flowering. what is the next step for this type of buds during flowering? Should the buds grow or get more compact? should I start checking trichomes? I guess it might take about 4 to 5 more weeks as per ace's description.
Hello Luiggi, the volume of flowers increases as long as fresh pistils grow. When there are no more white pistils, the end of the plant's life is near and the decomposition processes begin slowly, which changes the resins and terpenes. Ultimately, it's a matter of taste how far you want it to go. I usually harvest when some pistils are still white, but no new ones are added.

Last edited:

Luiggi

Hi @paisajedehierba,

Thanks for your input. It seems it might take up to twelve weeks for most sativa leaning phenos so I guess it will continue evolving and throwing new white pistils. Have never had this kind of sativa buds so wasn't sure what to expect from it.

Love,

Luiggi

Mtshasta

Hello everyone, first time posting but thought I would share 2 auto Malawi x NL I am growing outdoors in 5 gallon pots. Seeds germinated April 5, they both started flowering at 5 weeks. The smaller one on the right has about a week or so left before I chop(9.5 week /indica leaning pheno?). The other big one is probably the sativa pheno and I expect is going to take the full 12 weeks of flowering. Very happy with them and (cross my fingers), a great harvest is coming. Mega crop 2 Part nutrients in coco/worm casting /perlite mix. Loving Ace genetics.

Attachments

• IMG_4871.jpeg
    IMG_4871.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70

Mtshasta

Hi Mitsuharu,
I am not the best taking closeups but here is the main cola and some lower buds. Very resinous and yummy smelling😊 This is the smaller plant closest to harvest.

Attachments

• IMG_4873.jpeg
    IMG_4873.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4874.jpeg
    IMG_4874.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4875.jpeg
    IMG_4875.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73

Mtshasta

I can just say wow! didn't know airpots could work that well outdoors. were they sprouted on the same date?

Peace,

Luiggi
Thanks Luiggi. Yes, sprouted the same day along with 2 Green mountain grape seeds. Airpots work great but they do dry quickly, especially on windy days, and I have learned they blow over easy so need to be braced with rocks, etc.

Luiggi

Hi all,

I have a question that I am not able to solve by reading here in icmag. I always thought autoflowering strains were supposed to have a flowering time similar to light dependent strains, however after reading some info in the web info1 and some threads in icmag like this I got confused. did I always harvested late? so for instance, ace seeds says in its webpage that auto malawixNL is ready in 9 to 10 weeks (even 12 for the mos sativa phenos), so I thought those 9 to 10 weeks were after it finishes vegetative stage, so kind of 12 to 14 weeks total. Is it like that?

however, after finding some buds on my auto malawi x NL are getting tips dry and that another auto banana purple punch (freebie) is showing no hairs and seems as if bracets were growing and getting bigger and so hiding them.

IMG_20230704_162814.jpg

IMG_20230704_162818.jpg

IMG_20230704_162820.jpg

IMG_20230704_162842.jpg

IMG_20230704_162834.jpg

Then I am not sure if this does mean pre flowering stage started after two weeks, flowering stage (hairs were populating the branches) started after 4 weeks from seed and now when it is 8 weeks from seed it is ready to harvest. It seems strange for me that a plant is ready after 4 weeks in flowering.

In case the same gets applied to the malawi it will mean it is in its 9th to 10th week from seed and so 5th to 6th week in flowering. does it mean it might be ready? as per my old presumption they should be ready after 13 to 14 weeks

Buds seem not finished, the same as in my previous malawi post which had some bud pictures, so that is why I thought it is 9 to 10 weeks from flowering.

regards,

Luiggi

Mtshasta

Hi all,

I have a question that I am not able to solve by reading here in icmag. I always thought autoflowering strains were supposed to have a flowering time similar to light dependent strains, however after reading some info in the web info1 and some threads in icmag like this I got confused. did I always harvested late? so for instance, ace seeds says in its webpage that auto malawixNL is ready in 9 to 10 weeks (even 12 for the mos sativa phenos), so I thought those 9 to 10 weeks were after it finishes vegetative stage, so kind of 12 to 14 weeks total. Is it like that?

however, after finding some buds on my auto malawi x NL are getting tips dry and that another auto banana purple punch (freebie) is showing no hairs and seems as if bracets were growing and getting bigger and so hiding them.

View attachment 18861880
View attachment 18861881
View attachment 18861882
View attachment 18861883
View attachment 18861884

Then I am not sure if this does mean pre flowering stage started after two weeks, flowering stage (hairs were populating the branches) started after 4 weeks from seed and now when it is 8 weeks from seed it is ready to harvest. It seems strange for me that a plant is ready after 4 weeks in flowering.

In case the same gets applied to the malawi it will mean it is in its 9th to 10th week from seed and so 5th to 6th week in flowering. does it mean it might be ready? as per my old presumption they should be ready after 13 to 14 weeks

Buds seem not finished, the same as in my previous malawi post which had some bud pictures, so that is why I thought it is 9 to 10 weeks from flowering.

regards,

Luiggi
Hi Luigi, Mine started showing hairs at 5 weeks, and that is when I started counting flower start. Seems to be lining up with the breeders timelines for flowering for the different phenos. However, I think just by watching the plant and looking at trichomes really helps to decide the final chop date. My very limited experience has taught me to use any breeders dates as a guideline of what to expect but ultimately let the plant guide you. I hope that helps.

Luiggi

ok, so after going through the posts with pictures in this thread it seems it takes between 70 to 90 days from seed to harvest in the case of the auto malawixNL so I am roughly in the 70th day for the sativa leaning pheno and on the 63th for the indica leaning one.

guess it will take them some more weeks to finish. am I wrong?

Love,

Luiggi

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
@Luiggi
I would count like a normal photoperiod strain you are doing 12/12 from seed... The benefit here is just the automatic flowering, not the fast flowering... My Malawi x NL took ~ 90 days from seed to harvest.

Luiggi

Great, thanks the three of you by answering so quick. I felt weird when did I read that info. what about buds in the pictures? don't they seem weird too? first I thought it might have sacs as if it was an hermie and so I got worried but none of them seems to get opened so I think it is just a genetic deviation or whatever.

Peace,

Luiggi

Latest posts

Latest posts