What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

N e p a l Smoke Tour : Titoon in the land of hashish

Gelado`

Veteran
So I didn't get approached much in Kathmandu while there...I had to ask someone with a pot leaf tattoo to help me out. Ended up getting 4-5g of hash for under $5 US. I asked for pollen and got dark hash which didn't get me very high in a joint, but was fine in a pipe (for an hour or so).

was offered pollen in Pokhara, but the guy wanted $5 a GRAM and we couldn't work out a deal, so I walked away.

On my last day in KTM, I got approached by two dealers with pollen, but since I was leaving, I didn't take them up on it.

A lot of the street dealers appeared to be crosseyed and weird...it made me not want to smoke hash, lol. I did finish off most of the piece I got, before tossing the rest. It was decent charas, as good as the best I've had in Amsterdam, but it didn't keep me high for too long. I'd rather smoke my own buds at home!

I asked some foreign tourists (ok, they were girls) if they'd been approached at all, and they hadn't been. I'll have to get back over at a better time of year to get decent ganja (out of season) and pollen. Saw dozens of plants on the road from KTM to Pokhara, and even checked out a huge female that was about 14-15' high and had just started flowering. It seems a lot of plants in Nepal just kinda 'end up' places 'naturally' (but are really cultivated and people are waiting for harvest).

Beanzy

Those plants? Indica? Or sativa?

Those plants? Indica? Or sativa?

mriko lovely read, as always... :thank you::thank you:

...and well said. I was in Tarai in nov09. I was told that the seeds growed there come from south India genetics.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

That area, specially Makuwanpur district, is full os marihuana and poppy fileds. Even the police guard the camps for a "tax".
A read from abril in local press:
http://www.nepalitimes.com/issue/2010/04/02/Nation/16953

Maybe titoon could take a walk for that area, ive seen that they grow and harvest all over the year...:tiphat:
Best vibes all!!
PS:this thread rocks, it should be stick:wave:
I thought it was all Indica there but those looked like Sativa leaves ., where is that?

cainedspaniard

great post man! really encouraged me, hopefully i'll be able to find some of the nice hashes like you managed to get hold of the hash3 looks supers tasty! I can't wait to leave

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Thank you everybody ! Glad to see this post is still being discovered ! Welcome to IC ;)

big orno

Hello Titoon (salut ;) )

Very cool your trip ! An example :)

So to find good material in Nepal it is as everywhere ? talking with good people and making relations ?

There is no village well known in Nepal as Malana in India ?

Have you went in other country like India or Pakistan ?

I'm a lover of good hash so best regards

Thanks for the share

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hello Titoon (salut ;) )

Very cool your trip ! An example :)

So to find good material in Nepal it is as everywhere ? talking with good people and making relations ?

There is no village well known in Nepal as Malana in India ?

Have you went in other country like India or Pakistan ?

I'm a lover of good hash so best regards

Thanks for the share

Hi Big Orno, funny name you have :)
Sorry for the late reply ˆˆ

Hash is everywhere in Nepal, but the good stuff isn't easily available. Connecting to the right people is the most important, that usually requires a lot of digging time.
There are known villages, that you can just collect the names in this thread or just asking around. I have found however that most places you will be given the directions usually often are not satisfying quality wise, though the good hash makers may gravitate around sometimes. Hash making is a very tough process there, and require high skills to reach a quality that makes it worth smoking...

I spent six months in Nepal and a quick ten days trip around the north in India. Can't report on hash in India really....
It was now almost ten years ago now, I have been following up with the changes in Nepal but haven't been back there, yet.
This trip was for me an introduction to hashish in the best way possible. However in all honesty, I think I scored about two times out of 100s the quality that I would Now consider as lovely, after ten more years in learning and discovering hashish.
The truth about traveling for hash or herb is that with no strong local connection, it is almost impossible to find the qualities you would with good connections in Amsterdam (the top 5 nepal hash i have smoked where from there period). You must meet the locally people and slowly dig into their networks until you get lucky - that takes time.
In my last trip to Morocco, I met with a wise German hash lover, which story summed it up well : his deceased friend was one of the only ten hash makers of the rif that have mastered the art of growing and working the lebanese genetics, grown in the Rif dry terroir, and know how to shake those little rock hard 30microns trichomes that are not responding to classical dry siefting techniques to elaborate the meltiest resin...
Rare are the one who have kept traditions alive, and they are getting even more rare. If you happen to met one of them, you will know after just one hit :woohoo:

Jon55. Yes Kathmandu is very polluted. The visual pollution was overwhelming.

As per the sativa thing,

All I have seen in Nepal was narrow leaf genetics. Though I may have seen some more wide leaf phenotypes in the Terai, down south - which is more tropical and low altitude.

:tiphat:

big orno

Thank you very much Titoon for the time you spent explaining your experience.

Yes big orno is a small crustacean who live in the sea :D

I think I have the same dream as you, to visit countries and meet people that practice that art. They should be so much differences between marrocan art and nepalese art for exemple.

For now I will try seeds from breeders like ace seeds, the real seed company and will make some research in the different forums (cannaweed for exemple lol) to find some good seeds to make ancient hash like when I was Young (nepalese, marocan, paki, lebanese :) )

IC mag people meet to make ICmag cups. Do you know if they organise some trips to some countries like marroco, nepal, pakistan, colombia ?

All the best and thank you for sharing your experience it is a very good thread