What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SR71 Strainguide and Clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinger

Veteran
they could have any of their usuall clones like hindu kusk x skunk #1, odyssey, PK,white widow,ak47,bubblegum,bubbleberry, candy shiva, big shiva,maybe if your lucky a Deep Chunk cross. I wish I could get any of the shiva,but people always buy them up before my number,all I need is one! :joint:

yeah people get greedy, maybe they should learn how to clone that way they would not have to buy so many,that way we all can have some

pineappaloupe

quick question... what do I need to go to SR 71? I have a medicann card, do I need OCBC?

ill make it there someday, it is a full day trip from my area.

20kw dreams

rounders02 said:
yeah people get greedy, maybe they should learn how to clone that way they would not have to buy so many,that way we all can have some

The same reason you don't. I have sat in front of SR-71 at 6am waiting until they open to make sure I'm first in line, and been there 2 days in a row at near that time, because they have good clones, same reason you go there. If people like me didn't buy clones there, then I highly doubt they would be selling clones at all. If they did, they would be lower quality, because it just wouldn't be worth it to verify everything like they do. The real problem is that the other joints just can't do it right, putting all the pressure on a tiny little coffeeshop.

Anyways, I just pulled out some HKxSK, Big Shiva, Candy Shiva, AK, and Bubblegum from my little veg area. The "Big" Shiva is a total bust in my opinion. Slowest out of the bunch by far. The HKSK is just ridiculously fast and strong, with the Bubblegum a not too distant 2nd.

I'm really questioning the Big Shiva, anyone have a different experience?

20kw dreams

rounders - I didn't mean to sound like an ass or anything, it's just that larger growers need clones too, ya know?

They should really only do large #'s in the morning or something, then maybe keep stock for people wanting under 12 or so. That way the larger growers can battle it out by being there at 5am or whatever, and the personal growers don't get screwed.

I also think eventually most people do start mothering or find sources for clones, but it takes time, and shit happens. I had a nice cloner I was very happy with, until he gave me a bunch of crap one time, and off to SR-71 I went.

Anyways, here's my shots of some SR-71 she-ite

AK-47, which is really one of my faves. Super potent, nice sweet and sour cherry/berry bouquet, fast growing, nice yielder. Can be a little finicky, especially towards the end, and stretch can be an issue. Finish 8-9 weeks. Does get WAY branchy, so keeping up on pruning is a must.

God, I've been growing that AK for like 3 runs straight, and I only have 2 pics!

Here's the Ody. It only got one run. Finishes fast, at 6-7 weeks, but other then that it's a bust. OK smoke, earthy blueberry with...lemon undertones? Mine didn't stretch for shit, like someone else mentioned. Very hearty plant and super easy to grow for sure.
Oh, woops..I think I had busted my camera for the big Ody/AK grow...
Here's a finished Ody nug

And this is why I started going to SR-71:smile:

Last edited:

yutdawg

I just finished some big shivas, I had very high hopes for this strain. 1 week of veg and 7 weeks of flower. Plants finished at almost exactly 3 feet. The nugs are dense and frosty, good bag appeal. The only problem is it smells like gym locker and has very little flavor. It has been in glass jars over a week now and still nothing. I wont grow this one again. I guess it would have some commercial value (Vendors: I doubt clubs will buy it)

ReeferDan

well im glad i chose the candy shiva over the big shiva. Looks like everyone agrees its at least a little better than the big shiva eh?

20K... got any pics of your CS? Im very interested in what i should be expecting!

I kept one and am mothering it out... should i even bother? I might have to look for some more elites to keep as mothers...

Anybody know when the next time OGOrganic will be dropping cuts somewhere? There are a few of his strains id love to get my hands on!

T

terran2

20kw dreams said:
The HKSK is just ridiculously fast and strong, with the Bubblegum a not too distant 2nd.
I'm really questioning the Big Shiva, anyone have a different experience?

SR BubbleGum "bat cola" .....pretty easy grow staying right up with
the HK and sure would do nicely in sog...biggest donkey dick colas so far out of SR's clone stock ....

* This B~Gum was done in 6x6 r/w on E&F with EC about 1.6-1.8 &
flora nova bloom nutes , Super Thrive & GH's ~F'licious+...
then some cool bloom & molassass for the "big fini" , lol.

hindukushxskunk1168medigc1.jpg

*After seeing how slow the BShiva was , never grew them all out 'cept one or two ....just gave the rest away . The Sugar/Candy Shiva is definitely the better choice of the two with the big shiva strictly a very boring , mundane set of genes .

Last edited:

20kw dreams

Reeferdan- I just pulled them out of a tight veg space. I don't have any pics, but if I did it would show some stretchy veg plants, indistinguishable from anything else other then smaller then the BG and HKSK.

Is Skunkworks slippin or what? I mean, the Ody and now the "Big" Shiva?

Terran, thankx for the info. But tell me: Why does it seem like you get through a 2 months flower cycle in 3 weeks? I swear to god everytime I turn around your like, "Oh, I just harvested this huge ass bud I picked up last week." lol..

Bulldog11

Veteran
I picked up a batch of clones from sr-71 yesterday and I got there at 10am and was still number 19. When it did get to my turn I grabbed all Hindu Kush x Skunk. I like to grow all one strain for more uniform growth. Anybody have a history growing this bad girl? I hear she streatches a lot, how much veg should I allow?

N

Neptune

Big Shiva is a good strain, you guys are misjudging her, or didn't grow her proper. You will see, I'll post mine up in a few days when fnished, any day now!

You can't grow her like their other strains, she is a stout hardy plant with slow veg, fast flower.

ReeferDan

20K, i thought you just pulled some finished CS, my mistake!
and yes, terran does flower 8 week plants in 2 weeks! haha Someone's got a perpetual setup i guess?

Bulldog! you must have gotten lucky to have #19 and still have hksk left! those are what i was going for and i was #3 or 4 and they were all gone by the time it was my turn!

yutdawg

Neptune, I thought the same thing while growing Big Shiva. I didnt have any problems with slow veg or anything else. I wasn't until it was dried, manicured and in mason jars that I formed an opinion on the strain, and im guessing your not at that point yet. I dont think it was the way i grew it either beacause the same method has produced 2 fine quality crops of PK and 1 of the Hindu Kush. Good commercial variety, but not what the clubs are looking for. IMO

Bulldog11

Veteran
Reeferdan, good to hear that this should be a good strain. The reason they still had this strain left is they had Purple Kush and Green crack also. Everybody got all the PK an GC so I went with what was left. BTW, I did read the rest of the form and I get mixed reviews on Hindu Skunk. Some say it shoots when you flower and others have said otherwise. I was just wondering if anybody could add to how this baby girl flowers.

kinger

Veteran
I know that is great,I hope they will start carrying Green Crack. That would be great. I can get a cut, but I bet this cut will be spectacular. :headbange

Bulldog11

Veteran
Didn't actually see the green crack, I assume that is what people were saying. People came out and said, "they got GC and PK." Unless GC stood for something else.

N

Neptune

Bulldog, my HS flipped at 15", 17 days veg, finished at 34" 58 days bloom.

GC is a SOGers dream, and I can see why SR71 would want to carry it, as it is typically comerically harvested around 42-49 days, and you need a lot of them, often. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.