What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds Indoor Mix --- grow # 1

GurrillaGardner

They came today :woohoo: :woohoo:

I placed the order Dec 18 and they arrived Jan 4th. THANK YOU SENSI SEEDS.
I was so excited that i had to leave work early to get home and get them in.
This is my first set of bought seeds.

This is my first grow journal, although not my first grow.

A little history.

I've been growing for about 4 years now. I stumbled on Overgrow about 6 years ago and lurked around there for a couple years, learning as much as i could from the "guys". ( Different handle )
I have a room 10x10, divided into 3 rooms 2 1/2 x 3". One for mothers,clones and veg, 2 for bloom. I'm running a 2 week perpetual harvest and take off 3 to 4 oz every two weeks.

I started with cfl's, added a 250 watt hps, then 2 400 hps. I'm the most basic of growers. I use 2 litre pop bottles, black hockey tape, soil.
I use 20-20-20 for veg and 10-52-10 for bloom and that's it.
I started with this and "if it ain't broke don't fix it" has been working for me.

But i think i've got the basics down and it's time to experiment a little. I would have loved to do this on Overgrow, as they got me started, but i don't think that's going to happen, so hear goes.

I'm looking for all the info i can get,so please post away. I have room to experiment so make some suggestions and we'll try some different things. I just got a new camera for xmas, so you can expect a lot of pictures.

Ok, here goes. DAY ONE

Divided the seeds into piles, of what i think was simular looking seeds, then picked 10 and put them to germ. Paper towel, tupperware container, grow room (dark room, 84 degrees )

What do you think ???
Also, it said to keep the seeds in the fridge ???????

GlaZed420

yes put the ungerminated seeds in the freezer, i usually put my ungermed seeds in a dry, dark place never did like putting them in a freezer unless you plan on putting them in away for a long period of time i.e 1 or more years but then the viability becomes jeopardized. germ um grow um sex um then mother or flower them

GurrillaGardner

Day 2

Day 2

Not even 12 hours and 1 seed cracked aready.

Thank you sensi seeds :jump:

I'll be putting it into some dirt tommorrow. I run out and forget to get some. Have to run and get some potting soit tommorrow.

I'm hoppen and praying it's female, but a male will do also. I want a cross for the strain I have going already. The strain I have now is a hermie.
Now I know what everyone says about hermies, but the seeds this one produced always turns "female" 100% . A couple pics. These are at 27 days flower.

Maybe someone can help me with this one. My cabinet is a bit hot, but this one's looking kind of upset. I gave here a shot of 20-20-20 with some epson salts and we'll see if that helps. I'll post some pics to let you know how she's doing.

When I say that I'm a "basics grower" I mean just that. These plants are grown completly with this stuff.

Next batch of clippings. I usely get 100%, maybe lose 1 or 2.

My bloomers. The ones on the out side are two weeks behind the ones in the middle.

My mothers. They get a hair cut tommorrow.

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Ah look at the ickle babies, may they blossom into stunning females for ya.
Looking good man.
Peace
Baffled

Edit: Corrected spelling

Last edited:

GurrillaGardner

Day 8

Day 8

Well there's 5 out of 8 beans up. Not too bad i guess. That's 50% germ rate, so far.

Is that good or bad ????

I was in a hurry too and a couple had just cracked, barely showing any root (there the ones not up yet) the ones that are up are the ones that had a longer root. The next run of 10 seeds I'll let go another day before i put them into the soil and we'll see if that makes a difference.

Todays pics before i get all mellow :sasmokin:

A.N.Other

Anya m ji fu gi egbulam (nice to see you again) GG. I'm along for the ride!

I didn't get the best germ rates from my mix either, which surprised me at the time as I usually get great rates (results generally) from Sensi. They were fairly old though and as is my usual routine I don't bother with pre germing them in paper and they go straight into the medium. I find they actually do better that way as long as you are careful with your watering and have a warm prop area.

Everyone has their own techniques, that's what makes this so much fun!

Good luck man!

GurrillaGardner

Day 12

Day 12

Thanks for the reply guy's. Glad to have you along. Been out of town for a couple days, family emergency. But i'm back now.
Lost one while i was gone, but there's 4 baby's left. Some pics.

I'll post more later, time for work.

GurrillaGardner

Day 16

Day 16

Sorry I haven't been around to update, been real busy last couple of days.
But for those interested, here a update.

The pics are not very good, i still need more practice and i was kind of rushing. Still got lots to do in the next couple of days.

The little guys don't like there growing much and I think i figured out why. A couple of months back i switched my cfl's over to a different bulb that i seen in wally world. There the 23 watt " daylight " bulb. Nice white light, very brite.
But i kind of notice that my clipping just ain't taking off like they ussually do, and the new one should be a little further along.
So I stop and picked up some "soft white" bulbs a couple of days ago and replaced them with the other ones. Every thing has turned more green and has started to grow more. What 's with the other bulbs ? Could anyone give some feedback on these, i'd really like to know.

I also moved my light down in my bloom room before i left. Just a weeeeee bit tooooooooooooo close. This is a shot of my current working. The ones in the middle are about 35 days into flower and the ones on the out side and higher up ( there on a step ) are two weeks behind.

I have some guestions and some ideas that i'd like to run past you guys, but i'll have to post later, running out of time. Later.

darrinjefferson

wow lookin real good GG.
i am pullin up a seat for this show.
looks like you already got your grow room nice and dialed in for your new ladies.
should be fun

late